“During the war between the Laguz Alliance and Begnion, the three remaining countries on Tellius--Daein, Crimea, and Goldoa--have thus far remained neutral. In Daein, the war for independence is over, and Prince Pelleas has been crowned king. Daein is now free from Begnion's rule and is once again universally recognized as a sovereign nation. Micaiah decides to honor the promise she had made and continue on as the general of Daein's armies until the country stabilizes. Most of her companions remain by her side, helping to restore their beloved country. It is their hope that Daein will recover soon, both politically and socially. Focused as they are, they realize that they can spare no time on outside concerns, including the current war in Begnion. However, King Pelleas has a mysterious change of heart and orders Micaiah into the war--on Begnion's side.”
A Reason to Fight (誰がための戦いTa Ga tame no tatakai) is chapter 6 of part 3 of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It is the first chapter in Part 3 in which you control the Dawn Brigade. You fight the Gallian army as it crosses the river while attempting to retreat from the Begnion Central Army. It is also the first chapter in the game that requires the player to eliminate a set number of enemies in order to clear the chapter. During the base conversations, the player gains powerful weapons for each of the original Dawn Brigade members (Lughnasadh for Leonardo, Caladbolg for Edward, and Tarvos for Nolan), as well as a Brave Axe for Jill and a Master Crown from Sothe. During this chapter, unfortunately, you do not have access to Tauroneo, so having underleveled characters will be a significant burden, especially against the laguz. Later in the chapter, however, the Black Knight will appear and aid you in the battle.
- This chapter has Fog of War.
- If Lethe and Mordecai are defeated in this chapter, they will still return later.
- TIP: Don't move Zihark into Lethe and Mordecai's Range, they can recruit Zihark to the enemy's side.
- TIP: If Zihark Defected it is highly recommended to not kill him since if you kill him he will die
- If Lethe was killed in Part 2, then the boss will be Kezhda instead.
- This is the final chapter the player has control over the Black Knight. If he has any items bar the Alondite at the end of the chapter, they will be lost forever.
- Brave Bow (5 east, 6 north)
- Olivi grass (9 east, 4 north)
- Silver Sword
- Storm Sword
- Silver Lance
- Short Spear
- Silver Axe
- Short Axe
- Silver Bow
- Steel Longbow
- Silver Dagger
- Beast Killer
|Jill||***||Jill must be alive||Brave Axe|
|Edward||***||Edward must be alive||Caladbolg (Not in Japanese version)|
|Leonardo||***||Leonardo must be alive||Lughnasadh (Not in Japanese version)|
|Nolan||***||Nolan must be alive||Tarvos (Not in Japanese version)|
- Clear: 4500 (easy/normal), 1250 (Hard)
- Allied Units Experience