“I know that parents will do anything for their children... But I also know how it feels when a child loses her parents. This world's got far too many kids who've gone through that. If you stay, you'll be killed or worse. And your child deserves better!”
—Severa convinces Holland to flee and live
In order to recruit Severa, Severa must talk to Holland, a Villager on the northeast portion of the map. Severa is an NPC until she speaks with him and must be protected on her way to him. Once she has spoken to Holland, Severa will join the army and become controllable. However, if Holland is killed, Severa will become hostile and attack the player's units; she cannot be recruited, even if she is not killed in the battle. As Holland will not attack even if a player unit is within his range, Holland must be deliberately killed for this to occur.
The map has two paths from the south: one to the west which leads to a larger area and a smaller hall that eventually reaches Nelson and one to the east that will lead up to the area with Holland. Severa will not join Chrom's army until she has spoken to Holland and while she is an NPC she will only focus on moving to Nelson. You will need to send a few units to tail Severa and defeat a few enemies along the way to Holland to protect her as her stats will leave her vulnerable to the promoted enemies along the way. It is suggested to bring a Thief to open the door to Holland or pick the chests in the level. Severa should take about 5-7 turns to reach Holland without unlocking the door and about 4-5 if the door is unlocked. Make sure not to kill Holland (the Villager enemy) or else Severa will turn hostile and will not be recruited. Luckily Holland will not attack even if your units enter his range so refrain from attacking him and soon Severa will reach him.
While one group follows Severa, the rest should focus on taking out all other enemies on the map, but make sure not to kill Nelson before Severa talks to Holland. Once Severa has joined the army, you can focus all of your attention on the enemies that spawn after her recruitment or kill Nelson if you units are close enough. The rest is easy and all you'll need to do is keep Severa alive until the end of the chapter. When playing on Lunatic, Severa should stay in the hall where Holland was to avoid getting ganged on by the immediate reinforcements after her recruitment. Having a unit giver her a Master Seal is prudent as well since the stat boost from promoting increases her chances of surviving and dodging enemy attacks. Completing the chapter will unlock Severa's C-Supports with Cordelia, her father, and Morgan if she is her sister.
If you are playing harder difficulties, it is likely that the enemies will kill Severa with 1 hit. In this case you should send a staff user tailing her and use rescue when ever she gets into a dangerous position.
- Severa: ...Oh, gods. It's you.
- Cordelia: Have we met? If so, I'm afraid I've quite forgotten.
- Severa: Well, excuse me for being so forgettable!
- Cordelia: Look, there's no time for this. If you're a friend, speak now. If not, then stay out of Chrom's way or I'll have to cut you down.
- Severa: Chrom, Chrom, Chrom! It's ALWAYS Chrom with you!
- Cordelia: ...I'm sorry?
- Severa: You should be! And I don't care about your stupid Chrom, so you can just drop it! ...I only want to talk to Holland.
- Cordelia: Holland?
- Severa: Yes, Holland! That sad sack over there. Watch my back so I can get to him safely, and then I'll help your stupid army!
- Cordelia: O...okay?
- Severa: Oh, and Holland's not here of his own will, so don't you dare hurt him!
- Chrom: What's a child doing here?
- Severa: Child? I'm not a child, you oaf! I'm... Wait, are you the enemy general?
- Chrom: I don't know. Are we enemies?
- Severa: You're Chrom, aren't you? You're Lucina's father.
- Chrom: That's right. ...And I suppose you came back here with my daughter?
- Severa: Oh, good. Now I won't have to waste time explaining the situation. ...Weird. I didn't think you'd be so funny looking.
- Chrom: You're a real charmer. But charm or not, if you can fight, you're welcome to join our cause.
- Severa: Not the snappiest pick-up line I've heard, but I suppose it gets the job done. But I can't leave until I reclaim my property from Nelson. We'll talk then.
- Chrom: Actually, we're here to take stolen goods back to the village. If I promise to add yours to the list, will that persuade you?
- Severa: Mmm... Maybe. But you'll have to help my friend Holland, too. He's a bit of a sad sack, but he doesn't want to be here either.
- Chrom: Will he listen to reason?
- Severa: He will if I talk to him. He listens to pretty much whatever I say. Don't worry, he hates Nelson, too. Just be sure not to hurt him.
- Chrom: We'll be careful.
- Nelson: [engaged by Chrom] Damn... Useless fools, all of you!
- Chrom: And what does that make the man cowering behind them?
- Nelson: Bah! I'll use your corpse to clean the blood from my boots!
- Nelson: [engaged by Severa] Traitorous wench!
- Severa: You've got to be loyal before you can be a traitor, you idiot! And you're one to talk, extorting a poor innocent girl like me...it's time you learned just how deadly this innocent girl can be!
- Nelson: [defeated] My throne… My…empire…
Of Sacred Blood or Wings of Justice
Twin Wyverns or Flames on the Blue