amiibo are a line of collectable figures or cards featuring numerous Nintendo characters from various franchises. The series debut on November 21st, 2014 with the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U line of amiibo. Using near field communication via the Wii U gamepad, Nintendo 3DS amiibo adapter platform, or the New Nintendo 3DS touch screen, scanning an amiibo unlocks special content in numerous Nintendo video games.
Currently, there are five Fire Emblem amiibo figures as a part of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U line of amiibos: Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, and Roy. Two Corrin amiibo, one for each gender, has been confirmed for future release on July 21st, 2017. On January 18th, 2017, the first Fire Emblem franchise specific amiibo were announced with an Alm and Celica amiibo slated to be released on May 19th, 2017.
Compatibility with Fire EmblemEdit
Upon scanning a Marth, Ike, Robin, or Lucina amiibo, the scanned character will appear as a NPC wandering the player's My Castle in the south. Like other My Castle features, the visiting amiibo character will activate a short event then disappear. Players will need to complete a map in order to resummon the amiibo character again. All other amiibo aside from the four mentioned have no compatibility with Fates.
The first two scans with an applicable amiibo will gift the player an Accessory only available to that character. The answer the player gives to them will determine which one they give.
After two conversation scans, the third time the amiibo is scanned, the character will request a battle between the player's army and their small squad at the Plains of Hoshido. After defeating the amiibo character's forces, they will join the player's army for free and will be added to the player's Unit Logbook. All amiibo characters do not have any secondary classes, but can use DLC seals. They also do not have Personal Skills. Each character, upon recruitment, will always carry their signature weapon in their inventories. While their signature weapons can be unequipped and can equip other weapons, their signature weapons cannot be removed from their inventories.
Subsequent scans will make them appear in one of the shops. If they appear in any of the Armories, they will sell weakened versions of their signature weapons. If they appear in the Accessory Shop, they will sell their unique Accessories.
Each amiibo provides two exclusive accessories that is unique to them. These accessories cannot be gifted to other players. They also have a variation of their signature weapon that is visually the same, but with greatly reduced stats and bonuses.
- Marth gives the Dragon Headpiece (Tiki's circlet) and Marth's Tiara. Marth's weapon is Marth's Spatha.
- Ike gives Ike's Pauldron and Yune's Pauldron (Lehran's Medallion). Ike's weapon is Ike's Backup.
- Robin gives Robin's Books and a Dragon Feather (Grima's wing feathers). Robin's weapon is Robin's Primer.
- Lucina gives a Bear Hat and her Butterfly Mask. Lucina's weapon is Lucina's Estoc.
amiibo are used in game by using Mila's Turnwheel. During a battle, players can use the Summon amiibo command which summons an uncontrollable ally unit to the player's army for the duration of a battle. All amiibo currently released, including amiibo cards, can be scanned in game, but the type of unit summoned varies.
Using any non-Fire Emblem series related amiibo will summon a generic monster unit.
Using any of the Fire Emblem amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U line of amiibos will summon an illusory version of that unit. Like the Fates summoned amiibo units, they come with a fixed inventory, including their signature which cannot be removed from their inventory.
The Alm and Celica amiibo has multiple functions in Echoes. First, players can scan and load the current versions of Alm and Celica into their respective amiibo, allowing the player to summon illusory versions of both based on the data stored in the amiibo. Second, scanning either one of them unlocks a special dungeon.
Non Fire Emblem Amiibo Summons Edit
Other Compatible GamesEdit
The five released amiibo can be used for the following games with the following effects in game:
- Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash - Unlocks in-game figurines of Chibi-Robo imitating the scanned amiibo's pose. This feature is not compatible with Roy, Corrin, Alm, or Celica. Subsequent scans with Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina and all scans with Roy, Corrin, Alm, and Celica gives the player 50 or 100 Moolah once a day per character, per scan.
- amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits - Unlocks demos of various classic games.
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – Gives the player 1-Up Mushrooms
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. - Makes the scanned character usable once per level, although they cannot be revived at checkpoints. (Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina only.)
- Hyrule Warriors - Gives the player a weapon with up to three stars, a random material, or a random number of rupees. Up to five can be scanned daily.
- Kirby Planet Robobot - Scanning a Marth, Ike, Lucina, or Roy amiibo grants Kirby his Sword ability. Scanning a Robin amiibo grants Kirby his Spark ability. All other Fire Emblem amiibo will unlock a random ability.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Spawns a random assortment of food based items.
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Wii U) - Gives the player Coins or Rings that can be used at the item stand.
- Mario Party 10 - Allows the player to play Scratch Bonus and win Mario Party points.
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force - Unlocks a skull-themed recolor for the player's mech.
- Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge - Creates a Mini Spec to navigate a level.
- Style Savvy: Fashion Forward - Unlocks a special skirt design based on Lucina's outfit. (Lucina Only)
- One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X – Unlocks a Marth costume for Brook. (Marth Only)
- Pokkén Tournament - Gives gold or unlocks a special Trainer Customization or Title. Up to five can be scanned daily.
- Super Mario Maker - Unlocks the ability to use the scanned character as a Mystery Mushroom costume for Mario. (Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina only.)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - Allows the player to train a computer controlled allied character of the scanned amiibo. (Roy and Corrin can be scanned even without buying the DLC). Alm and Celica are not compatible.
- Yoshi’s Woolly World – Unlocks a yarn print based on Marth, Ike, Robin, or Lucina, depending on the amiibo scanned. All other Fire Emblem amiibo unlocks a generic amiibo design.
- Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World - Unlocks a yarn print based on the scanned character. Corrin and Roy now produce Yoshis based on the two rather than generic Yoshis.
- The first physical non-E-Book item ever sold through Amazon.com Mexico was an Ike amiibo.