Belhalla (バーハラ, Barhara in the Japanese version) is the capital city of the kingdom of Grannvale and the home of the royal family. It was founded by Heim, the Saint, and ruled by King Azmur during the first generation and Emperor Arvis during the second generation. The Book of Naga is passed down the royal family. Their knight squadron is the holy guard, the Weissen Ritter, which is led by Arvis in the first generation, and Ishtar in the second generation. It should be noted that Heim's bloodline is the only one not named after him (it is called Naga), but in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, the bloodline is named after Heim.
Notable citizens of BelhallaEdit
- King Azmur - The King of Grannvale in the first generation, father of Prince Kurth.
- Prince Kurth - The Prince of Grannvale in the first generation, son of King Azmur, lover of Cigyun, father of Deirdre.
- Arvis - Emperor of Grannvale during the second generation, father of Saias, Julius, and Julia.
- Deirdre - Empress of Grannvale between the first and second generations, mother of Seliph, Julius, and Julia.
- Seliph - Son of Sigurd and Deirdre, half-brother of Julius and Julia, Emperor of Grannvale after the end of the second and final holy war.
- Julius - Son of Arvis and Deirdre, twin brother of Julia and half-brother of Seliph.
- Julia - Daughter of Arvis and Deirdre, twin sister of Julius and half-sister of Seliph.
The name is most likely a corruption of Valhalla from Norse Mythology. (The katakana for the city, " バーハラ ", is how the V-heavy pronunciation of the name by most English speakers would be rendered in kana.) Valhalla is a hall in Asgard into which the valourous dead are led to meet with Odin, king of the gods. The word is derived from 'valhöll', meaning 'hall of the slain'.