The Baron (バロン) is a combat class first introduced in Fire Emblem Gaiden. Originally wielders of Lances as their sole weapon of choice in their first iteration, Barons are later given the versatility to wield all types of physical weapons and almost all types of magic in the Jugdral Series.
History in the SeriesEdit
In Gaiden, Barons are the third-tier promotion of the Soldier line. An Armor character could class change into the Baron class any time after reaching level 10. They are essentially Lance-wielding Generals with high Strength and Defense and low Speed.
In Genealogy of the Holy War, the Baron is an enemy-only class that is able to wield Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows and Staves, as well as Fire, Wind and Thunder magic, losing only to the Master Knight class in versatility. They have high Strength and Defense, and they are also granted the formidable Great Shield skill as their class skill.
In Thracia 776, Barons continue the same role they had in Genealogy as powerful enemy generals that can use many weapons In this game, Barons are the only class to possess Great Shield as a base skill. There is unused data for a female Baron within the game.
In the Fire Emblem: Trading Card Game adaptation, due to the rules of the game making it so classes could only have a maximum of 4 weapon types, Barons are split into two variants. One that uses physical weapons, and another variant that uses magical weapons.
|FE4||45||12||7||7||7||0||12||7||5||-||-||A A A A A A A A|
|FE5||26||10||3||6||3||0||15||-||6||10||-||D D D D D D D D|
|FE4||80||27||22||22||22||30||27||22||5||-||-||A A A A A A A A|
|FE5||80||20||20||20||20||20||20||-||20||20||-||A A A A A A A A|
|FE4||Great Shield||Class skill of the Baron class.|
|FE5||Great Shield||Class skill of the Baron class.|
|FE15||Heavy Armor||Class skill of the Baron class.|
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class(es)|
|FE2||Armor||Visit a shrine when the appropriate level has been reached.||Baron|
|FE15||Knight||Visit a shrine when the appropriate level has been reached.||Baron|
|FE15||Baron||Visit the Altar of the Titan when the relevant unit reaches Level 20.||Spartan|
- Desaix - A treacherous knight of Zofia.
- Possible promotion for: Lukas, Forsyth, Valbar, Villagers* and Mercenaries/Sword Fighters**.
- Chagall - King of Agustria during the first generation.
- Maios - Youngest brother of the late King of Silesse and uncle of Lewyn.
- Daccar - Younger brother of the the late King of Silesse and uncle of Lewyn.
- Lombard - Duke of Dozel during the first generation. Father of Lex and Danan and grandfather of Iuchar, Iucharba and Brian.
- Reptor - Duke of Freege during the first generation and prime minister of Grannvale. Father of Bloom, Tailtiu, and Ethnia and grandfather of Tine, Arthur, Ishtar, Ishtor, Amid and Linda.
- Bloom - Duke of Freege during the second generation.
- Danann - King of Isaach from the Battle of Barhara to Seliph's uprising in Isaach.
- Cowen - Father of Aida and grandfather of Saias.
- Paulus - One of the generals of Freege responsible for leading the attack on Tahra.
- Barat - A general of Freege who attempts to retake Leonster from Leif's forces.
- Wolf - A general who is assigned by Bloom to lead the pursuit of those who survived Dorias' failed charge on Alster Castle.
- Raydrik - The leader of Conote Army and ruler of Manster.
- Barons have an unused red palette in Genealogy of the Holy War for player units. A similar color palette is later used in Thracia 776.