A Baron of the Freege Gelben Ritter
|First Seen||Fire Emblem Gaiden|
|Promotes From||Knight (FE2 only)|
|Usable Weapon Types||Lance (FE2), all but Light/Dark Magic (FE4/5)|
|Class Skills||Great Shield|
The Baron class was first introduced in Fire Emblem Gaiden, as the third-tier promotion of the Soldier tree. An Armor character could class change into Baron any time after reaching level 10. They are pretty much Lance-wielding Generals, with high Defense and low Speed.
In Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, the Baron is an enemy-only class able to wield Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows and Staves, as well as Fire, Wind and Thunder magic, losing only to the Master Knight class in versatility. They have high Strength and Defense, and their class skill is Great Shield.
Genealogy of the Holy WarEdit
- Chagall- king of Agustria during the first generation
- Langobalt- duke of Dozel during the first generation, father of Lex and Danan, and grandfather of Johan, Johalva, and Burian
- Reptor- duke of Freege during the first generation and prime minister of Grannvale, father of Bloom, Talito, and Ethnia, and grandfather of Teeny, Arthur, Ishtar, Ishtor, Amid, and Linda
- Cowen - The father of Aida and grandfather of Saias.
- Raydrik - The leader of Conote Army and currently ruling Manster.