- For the chapter of the same name, go here.
The Binding Blade (封印の剣, lit. Sword of Seals) is a divine Sword that hails from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. Said to be stronger than even the Legendary Weapons of Elibe, this sword is solely bound to Roy.
The Binding Blade was originally wielded by the hero Hartmut, alongside the Eckesachs, and used during The Scouring against the Manaketes. During the final stages of the war, Hartmut and the other Heroes attack the innermost part of the Dragon Temple. Hartmut finds the Mage Dragon Idunn in her human form, staring out into space and aloof to their presence. Despite his own hesitation, Hartmut is forced to defend himself after she transforms and retaliates in response to the attack of the Eight Heroes. As if sensing the pity that Hartmut felt towards Idunn, the final blow from the Binding Blade instead sends her into a state of slumber. Using both the sword and the Fire Emblem, Hartmut proceeds to seal Idunn in the Dragon Temple, and later establishes the nation of Bern around it as a means to safeguard the seal. Afterwards, the Binding Blade is sealed, alongside the Dark Tome Apocalypse, within the depths of the Shrine of Seals.
Later, in the events of The Binding Blade, the seal imposed on the Binding Blade is released by Roy, who draws the sword in order to aid him in his subsequent battles against Zephiel and the reawakened Idunn.
The blade is one of the most powerful weapons in the series and stronger than the Legendary Weapons of Elibe. Roy is able to use ranged attacks with the blade and adopts an acrobatic fighting style when wielding it. He also gains a new critical animation where the sword blazes with flames as he strikes the enemy.
Grants Def/Res+2 when Roy is attacked.
- Binding Blade
|Event||Ch. 21 - End of chapter (should the requirements to experience Ch. 21x not be fulfilled) • Ch. 21x - End of chapter.|
Super Smash Bros. SeriesEdit
The Binding Blade is Roy's weapon of choice in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. The weapon's "sweet spot", the point where the most damage is dealt when contact is made with the enemy, is near the hilt of the sword.
- When Roy uses the Binding Blade, the ranged critical attack animation is very similar to the normal ranged attack animation but he holds the sword up slightly longer. This is most likely due to reusing the melee critical attack animation.
- Roy's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U has the same animation as Roy's critical animation while using the Binding Blade in The Binding Blade.
- The Final Smash is aptly named "Critical Hit."
- Interestingly, despite having no mentioned connection, the Binding Blade can be used by amiibo Roy to defeat Duma, a trait shared only by Alm's Falchion and amiibo Marth's Exalted Falchion.
- This is likely due to the fact that the Binding Blade was specifically crafted for the purpose of slaying Divine Dragons when combined with Elibe's own Fire Emblem.