“Well, I just... I'm glad you finally saw me! Just try to keep an eye out from now on?”
—Kellam's recruitment quote in Awakening.
Kellam (カラム Karamu, Callum in the Japanese version) is a playable character from Fire Emblem: Awakening. According to the official Japanese website, he is voiced by Manabu Sakamaki. He is voiced by Orion Acaba in the English version.
Kellam followed Chrom and his fellow Shepherds to go to Ferox for support. Unfortunately, due to his lack of presence, he is nearly forgotten. At The Longfort, Chrom feels that he is being watched when Kellam "appears" out of nowhere, scaring Chrom. Kellam joins the fray and hopes that Chrom and the others will not forget about him.
After the war, Kellam departs from Ylisse for a long journey, but it would take Chrom and the others several years to notice his disappearance. However, if he is married, he will live a happy life with his family. Though his wife's exploits are well documented, his name will be forever lost.
Kellam's supports reveal that he grew up with five brothers, but his family was very poor, and he never had many commodities that other children had growing up. In a support with Nowi, he mentions that his lack of presence first began when he was younger and still living with his family; since they were poor, they had to share a lot, but he was mean and did not like sharing. Eventually his family got tired of him being so selfish and began ignoring him. Interestingly, only those with animal-like senses, like Nowi and Panne, are able to find him rather easily. In his support with Donnel, Kellam reveals that he and his brothers helped his father out in the fields so he actually has a talent when it comes to harvesting crops.
Kellam has several conversations with past Fire Emblem characters in DLC. If Kellam talks to Shiida in Champions of Yore, she will use the same lines to try and recruit Kellam like she did with Castor.
When fighting Arden in Lost Bloodlines, both realize they have the same problem of being ignored.
Kellam is a frontline fighter of Chrom's Shepherds and is one of the biggest and tallest units in the army. Ironically, he tends to "vanish" suddenly and most people tend to forget about him. His lack of presence causes most people to jump in surprise when he suddenly "appears" out of nowhere. He is somewhat irked about this, but he is used to it. However, several people have found ways to find him. He wears a blank face and rarely speaks and is the tallest person in the army, even when seated. His birthday is June 24th.
Chapter 3: NPC, talk with Chrom.
|Starting Class||Level||HP||Str||Mag||Skl||Spd||Lck||Def||Res||Move||Skill||Weapon||Starting Items|
|Knight||5||21||10||0||7||5||3||12+2||2||4||Defense +2||Lance - D||Iron Lance|
Max Stat ModifersEdit
- Knight - Promotes to Great Knight or General
- Thief - Promotes to Assassin or Trickster
- Priest - Promotes to War Monk or Sage
- Dread Fighter - Requires Dread Scroll
As much as the characters of the games tend to ignore Kellam, Kellam is a formidable unit and should not be, ironically, overlooked. He is the definition of the Draug archetype; sporting a 100% growth rate in HP, and a 70% growth rate in defense, these two stats can grow ridiculously high, making him a very potent physical wall. This makes him an excellent unit to pair up with relatively fragile units, like Lissa or Maribelle. His lack of skill and speed can be compensated for with a good support. However, his movement is a bit low, making him dependent on his paired unit for mobility. He is also weak towards magic users, making him prey for them without a support bonus in resistance. Despite these flaws, once Kellam starts leveling up, he can be an invaluable unit.
For the parent generation, Kellam is the only unit that can promote to a General without reclassing. Kellam will hold an incredible 51 and 53 strength and defense stat caps making him a physical tank. However, in trade for this high cap, Kellam's Speed and Resistance are left down in the 30's. However, with modest skill and luck ratings, Kellam can avoid some criticals and activate a few of his own. Pavise will make him even harder to take down physically and even stop some Armorslayers and Hammer damage. Great Knight Kellam will slightly drop his strength and defense while balancing out his other stats while giving him more mobility. Kellam is near point for point with Frederick in this class for their caps. Luna, given Kellam's modest skill stat, is a great attack skill for him to use. Dual Guard+ is also a great skill for Kellam to have when in Pair Ups given his high defense rating making him a good defense unit for those who need the protection
Kellam's two reclassing options are the Thief and Priest classes. Kellam can make a useful thief due to his high defense growth of 60% which is much higher then the default thief, Gaius, though Gaius is faster and more skillful than he is. Assassin Kellam has excellent mobility and can learn Lethality to kill non-boss characters and Pass which will allow him to sneak past enemies to let him swarm enemies which could provide some extra mobility in certain cases. As a Trickster, Kellam can learn Lucky Seven making him harder to hit during most maps, and Acrobat to give him some mobility on Sand Maps and other terrains.
As a Priest, Kellam has high defenses though with his low magic growths, his healing will lack potency, even if he were to learn Healtouch. Miracle, though, can be a potential lifesaver though should Kellam be attacked by mages. It is nearly pointless to make Kellam a Sage as nearly every other person who has Sage as their promotion has better magic growths than he does though his high defense growths does give him some leeway. However it cannot be ignored that with his low magic and no useful skills for him to learn from this class to use in any of his other ones, Kellam has little business in this class. Luckily his other priest promotion, War Monk, is a bit more useful since they rely on Axes which, given his good strength growth, is a great way for him to rank up his Axe weapon levels. His stat caps as a War Monk are the most balanced among all of his classes. Renewal is his only regeneration skill and he will learn this from this class, a good skill for any class that Kellam ends up as.
- "...Huh? Hidden in plain sight. ...Just like someone I know..." (item)
- "I've been practicing my war cry to get me noticed. I scared away two birds already!" (exp)
- "I snuck in some training while no one was looking...and no one's ever looking..." (weapon exp)
Relationship Event TilesEdit
- "It's funny. Sometimes I can't find YOU after a battle. What are you up to?" (free time)
- "Hey, what's so funny? Did I put my breastplate on backward?" (happy)
- "I don't think the enemy even sees me. Can I fight with you next time?" (team up)
- "I'm curious, what's the one thing you want more than anything?" (dreams)
- "Oh, I'm usually standing in the middle of camp, counting the people who ignore me." (free time)
- "Um, no. ...Wait, you actually SEE me?" (happy)
- "Of course! I'll be your invisible shield." (team up)
- "To stand out." (dreams)
Asking - ChildEdit
- "Let's see...Fatherly, fatherly...Oh! (Name), is there anything you need?" (gift)
- "(Name), could we practice together sometime? I want to turn heads." (train)
- "Are you all right, (name)? You look ready to pass out..." (concern)
Replying - ChildEdit
- "Only for more people to notice me, and you can't tie a ribbon around that." (gift)
- "Sure. I promise I'll be there-even if I might be a little hard to spot." (train)
Level Up QuotesEdit
- "People have to notice me now! ...Right?" (6+ stats up)
- "Well...at least one of us is impressed!" (4-5 stats up)
- "Hey, did you see how- Oh, no one's looking." (2-3 stats up)
- "Well, that's no way to get noticed..." (0-1 stats up)
- "For once, I've gotten too big for my britches." (0-1 stats up, most stats capped)
Class Change QuoteEdit
- "Does this class make me stand out more?"
- "I doubt I need anything of significance. You know me." (buying)
- "Go ahead. Sell my life. I'll be over here." (selling)
- "Paint it a bright color...I'm trying to turn heads." (forging)
- "My name didn't come up at roll call this morning. ...Again." (misc)
- "Is it just me, or do I have more presence today? " (surge)
Greetings - NormalEdit
- "Good morning, Avatar. ...Um, hello? Can you see me?" (morning)
- "Oh! Avatar. ...You can see me?" (midday)
- "Good evening, Avatar. ...Hello? ...Anyone?" (evening)
- "Avatar, it's getting late. ...Not that you can see me." (night)
- "Happy birthday, Avatar" (Avatar's birthday)
Greetings - MarriedEdit
- "Hello, Avatar. The sunrise was lovely today." (morning)
- "Hello, Avatar. Where are we headed today?" (midday)
- "Hello, Avatar. What a long day it's been." (evening)
- "Hello, Avatar. Are you really still up?" (night)
A laconic, blank-faced Shepherd whose infamous lack of presence causes him to pass by the others as if invisible. Despite his protests, he is actually quite proud of that. That tallest while seated. Born on June 24th.
“You make me feel like I-I'm really here. Like I mean something. I am yours... forever.”
—Kellam's confession quote.
“Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!”
—Kellam's final chapter quote.
“Hip hip hurrah! ...Huzzah? ...Hello? ...Anyone? ...Never mind.”
—Kellam's quote after Grima was defeated by Chrom
“That's right. You make me feel...well, like I exist. I need you, Avatar.”
—Kellam reassuring the Avatar for their choice if he is her husband.
“Avatar, I know you're out there... I know you're not gone... And no one knows more about being lost and found by me!”
—Kellam's quote after the Avatar's sacrifice of killing Grima
The Golden Gaffe Pre-BattleEdit
“If you lot have been stealing from everyone, why'd you leave my gold? It's sitting right in my tent! In a bag with the word "GOLD" on the side! Gosh, even my wallet lacks presence...”
—Kellam's pre-battle quote.
EXPonential Growth Pre-BattleEdit
“All this talk of troublemakers in the fields reminds me of home. We certainly got our share on the farm, what with no men to guard the land. Well, I was there, but the ravagers acted like they never even saw me...”
—Kellam pre-battle quote.
Infinite Regalia Pre-BattleEdit
“How can someone dead be so imposing? I'm the one people treat like a ghost, after all. Hmm. If I defeat you, do you think folks might finally notice me?”
—Kellam's pre-battle quote.
Death's Embrace Pre-BattleEdit
“You MUST be qualified assassins if you've managed to notice me... Normally, I'd be thrilled... but this is just wrong. All wrong. Sleep now, and dance for your "master" nevermore...”
—Kellam's pre-battle quote.
Summer Scramble Pre-BattleEdit
“This place looks fun. Another kiss of death to my chances of being noticed. Who has time for poor Kellam with all these thrilling distractions? I'll probably get mistaken for driftwood. Do I look like driftwood to you? Hello?”
—Kellam's pre-battle quote.
Hot-Spring Scramble Pre-BattleEdit
“What's with all this steam? I can't see 10 paces ahead of me... Is that an enemy over there? Hello? Everything is a blur... If this is what I look like to the others, that's really distressing...”
—Kellam's pre-battle quote.
- "Victory time!"
- "I'll be around..."
- I'm... Right beside you."
- "Watch out!"
- "Hey! Over here!"
- "I can help!"
- "We can do this."
- "Good luck."
- "Ready when you are."
- "Don't forget me!"
- "Have some more!"
- "I'm over here!"
- "Back off!"
- "Won't get past me."
- "It's my big moment!"
- "Don't miss this!"
- "They gotta notice this!"
- "Come on! Look at me!"
Partner Defeated EnemyEdit
- "Another spotlight stolen..."
- "Thank you."
Defeated By EnemyEdit
- "They...saw me..."
“I-I'm done for... I wonder if...anyone will notice...I'm gone...”
—Kellam's death quote (classic mode)
“G-gotta retreat...or I'm done for... Not that...anyone will notice...”
—Kellam's retreat quote (casual mode)
- Kellam - Oft Forgotten
- After the battle was over, Kellam departed Ylisse for a long journey. Of course, it took Chrom and the others several years to notice his absence.
- Kellam and the Avatar
- Many wrote of Avatar's legendary exploits, but accounts of her origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on one thing alone—she loved her husband, Kellam, above all else.
- Kellam and Lissa
- Lissa's wild nature led her to travel the world and relay its wisdoms to her brother. These exploits live on in droll tales told by the campfire. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Kellam and Sully
- Sully continued her knightly duties and led vital missions, soon becoming a role model for women everywhere. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Kellam and Miriel
- Miriel remained in Ylisse but would vanish for days at a time to pursue her studies. In her final years, this research led to a historic invention. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Kellam and Maribelle
- After returning home to Themis, Maribelle became a magistrate who demanded equal justice for nobles and plebeians alike. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Kellam and Panne
- Once the fighting was done, Panne vanished. Some say she returned to her warren alone; others claim she found fellow taguel survivors. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Kellam and Cordelia
- Not even peace could dull the lovely Cordelia's knightly edge, as she became a figurehead for all Ylissean warriors. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Kellam and Nowi
- Nowi tried living away from humankind but soon longed for their company and set off to find her old comrades around the world. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Kellam and Tharja
- Even after her return to Plegia, Tharja kept an unhealthy obsession with Avatar that led her to vanish for weeks or months at a time. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Kellam and Olivia
- Though she never overcame her stage fright, Olivia danced across the land, mending the scars of war. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Kellam and Cherche
- Cherche and her beloved Minerva returned to Rosanne and struggled to reclaim the country Virion had managed to lose. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
Callum is an Irish name that means "dove" or "peace".
- Kellam's Japanese version name as "Callum" shared his name with the enemy General in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Kellam is also able to promote into the general class.
- Kellam shares his English voice actor, Orion Acaba, with Gerome.
- Kellam's official artwork depicts him wielding a Steel Lance.