“Forgive me—it is not my wish to fight with you. I pray you'll bear me no grudge in turn.”
—Zeke's battle quote from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia if Tatiana has not been rescued
===== “Forgive me, Tatiana... Ah... Then you're... Good. That's...”
—Zeke's death quote from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia if Tatiana has not been rescued =====
Recruitment Conversations Edit
“Zeke: We meet again, Alm.
Alm: General Ezekiel. Have you given any more consideration to what we spoke of before?
Zeke: ...... Now that I have turned my lance on Jerome, Rigel will not have me. But neither can I offer that lance to you. I still have no recollection of who I am or from whence I came.
Alm: You've lost your memory?
Zeke: I have. All I know is that I washed up on the shores of Rigel grievously wounded. I was thrown in prison and accused of being a spy or worse. But Emperor Rudolf saved me. He gave me a name and took me in. He raised me as a father would his own son. And yes. I may have betrayed him... But never would I help you do him harm.
Alm: I didn't know. I'm sorry. Forgive me for asking so much of you.
Zeke: You are not in the wrong. *gasp* Alm! By the gods!
Alm: Wh-what's wrong?
Zeke: Where did you get that mark on your left hand?
Alm: What, this? I don't know, actually. I've just always had it.
Zeke: Is that so? Some time ago. Emperor Rudolf gave me what I thought was odd advice. He said that if I met a men with a mark on his left hand. I was to follow him. "For that man is chosen." he said. "He shall save all of Rigel." "And with it, all of Valentia."
Alm: That's... very strange.
Zeke: I agree. But now that I have met you. I must heed my emperor's words. I am yours to command, my lord.”
—Zeke's recruitment conversation
Level Up Edit
- "These last battles have made me stronger."
- "Our enemies have become predictable."
- "I never thought I would feel divine protection."
- "...Hm? No. I'm imagining things." (+1 stat)
- "I wager this is proof I have trained well." (Near stat capping)
Class Change Edit
- "Is this what I was destined for?"
Battle Quotes Edit
First Turn Selection Edit
- "Yes. Allow me!"
Enemy Dodges Edit
Enemy does One or No Damage Edit
- "You are far too easy to read."
- "You dance with danger."
Being Healed Edit
- "I owe you a debt."
Used Healing Item Edit
Critical Hit Edit
- "Any last words?"
- "Die, villain!"
- "Consider this a mercy!"
- "This ends here and now!"
Finishing Blow Edit
- "I have you!"
Enemy Defeated Edit
- "I will not be kept from my duty!"
- "Fate is cruel."
- "I cannot fall here."
- "A pedestrian effort."
- "Forgive me."
Nearby Ally Defeated Enemy Edit
- "You have skill I see!"
- "Now it's my turn!"
- "You are my shining sun." (Tatiana)
- "You are my pride and joy." (Tatiana)
- "There for me, like always." (Tatiana)
- "You're just full of surprises." (Tatiana)
- "I no longer feel needed!" (Tatiana)
Nearby Ally Below Half Health Edit
Summary Screen Edit
- "Death hurts, no matter how oft one sees it." (an ally dies)
- "Tatiana... the last light in my life, extinguished..." (Tatiana dies)
- "Exhilarating isn't it."
Death/Retreat Quotes Edit
“Farewell, Tatiana... ...Who's there? I know your face... Ah... It's you...”
—Zeke's death quote from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
“Rngh... Blast! I fear I cannot die until I know the emperor's wishes will be fulfilled. I must retreat for now.”
—Zeke's retreat quote from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia