Canaan (カナン Kanan) is a location from TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga. It is one of the four main kingdoms on the continent of Lieberia. It is situated in the rocky lands in the northeast. Like the neighboring Kingdom of Barge, it is populated by the descendants of the Zoans.
For many years, Canaan maintained a peaceful relationship with the other kingdoms. Twenty years prior to the game's events, King Bahanuke declared war on the Gerxel Church after it threatened the peace on Lieberia. However, eighteen years later, he signed a peace treaty with the church and declared the restoration of the Zoa Empire. It is revealed that he was seduced by one of his concubines, Karla, who is a witch of Zoa sent to manipulate him. Afterwards, Canaan invaded Reeve, which caused the entire continent to fall under the control of the Empire.
During the story, Canaan is liberated from the Zoa Empire by Prince Sennet, who succeeds his late grandfather as the king after the war.
Known People from CanaanEdit
- Bahanuke - The current king of Canaan.
- Arless - The deceased eldest son of Bahanuke.
- Barker - The second son of Bahanuke.
- Julius - The youngest son of Bahanuke.
- Reshe - The daughter of Bahanuke, raised by the duke of Sofia.
- Sennet - The son of Arless and Serene.
- Neyfa - The younger sister of Sennet and the Shaman of Wind.
- Estofarne - The daughter of Barker.
- Barbaross - A general known as the Shield of Canaan.
- Ernst - A general known as the Sword of Canaan.
- Silva - The former leader of the Arless Black Knights.
- Sun - The daughter of Silva and a knight in training.
- Mintz - A member of the Arless Black Knights.
- Hagaru - A member of the Arless Black Knights.
- Theodora - The trusted confidant of Julius who hails from Sofia.
- Shion - A general occupying Granada and Theodora's younger brother.
- Chamos - An honorable general of Canaan.
Temple of WindEdit
- Eisenbaha - The Sage of Wind who currently resides in Wellt.
- Sylpheeze - One of the daughters of Eisenbaha and Alfred's wife.
- Serene - One of the daughters of Eisenbaha and Arless's wife.
Canaan was a region in the Bible where the Israelites moved to after being freed from Egypt by Moses and God.