“...You don't know me? I'm Cath, a master thief!”
—Cath to Chad in a support conversation
Cath is a playable character in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
She can be spoken to three times with Roy across the several chapters she appears in. Her village was burned down by her father by the order of some nobles, so she hates nobles with a deep passion and steals from them as a result. She regarded Roy as a snobby noble at first and did not believe his sympathies when she told him her tale. After hearing that he would help her rebuild her village, she joined Roy, wanting to see the proof of his claim.
Roy must speak to Cath three times for her to be recruited. She first appears in chapter six, then eight, twelve (this is the earliest she can be recruited), sixteen, twenty (either version), and as late as twenty-two.
Sword - E
Note: Though the differences are slight, Cath will have marginally higher stats the later she is recruited.
- See also: Cath/Supports
While sporting somewhat higher stats and hard mode bonuses compared to the other two thieves, Cath isn't accomplishing much compared with them so stealing items, picking locks and providing vision in fog of war is all she needs to do.
One thing to note is that leaving her alive/delaying her recruitment rather than killing her will cause thieves to spawn with her during certain chapters. While many players see this as a minor annoyance, this is actually helpful as Chad or Astore can steal their lockpicks and sell them for more cash which is nice to have especially for Chapter 21's secret shop and boots.
“Hee hee... I goofed up...”
—Cath's death quote in The Binding Blade.
“"Well, let's go then, shall we?”
—Cath during the Final Chapter.
Cath - Master Thief (怪盗)
- Cath set out to travel the world after the war. She then continued to give to the poor while exposing the secrets of greedy nobles and merchants. Her name remains in history today in "The Legend of the Master Thief."
- According to a Japanese gaming news website, Cath landed 41st place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- Her theme song is virtually the exact same as Serra's in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade, just with different instrumentation and pitch.
- A character with a very similar appearance to Cath runs the costume shop Anzu in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.
- See main article: Cath/Gallery.