Chalphy (シアルフィ Siarufi) is one of the six duchy of the Kingdom of Grannvale in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. It was founded by Baldur, the Holy Knight, and ruled by Duke Byron during the present and Sigurd in his absence. The Holy Sword Tyrfing is passed down the Chalphy family. Their knights squadron is known as Gruenen Ritter (German for "Green Knight") and it was led by Byron.
In the game, Byron is seen to wield the Tyrfing in its broken state, and both the playable characters Sigurd and Seliph wield it in the first and second generation respectively.
At the end of the second generation, if Sigurd and Seliph's relative and retainer Oifey makes it to the end, he will become the Duke of Chalphy while Seliph ascends to the throne of Grannvale
Notable citizens of ChalphyEdit
- Byron - Duke of Chalphy during the first generation.
- Sigurd - The Heir to Chalphy who's courageous and has a strong sense of justice. Son of Duke Byron, and Seliph's father.
- Ethlyn - Sister of Sigurd, married to Prince Quan of Leonster.
- Oifey - A Chalphy knight and tactician, and a cousin of house Chalphy.
- Seliph - The son of Sigurd and Deirdre who is savior in his time, but dislikes battle.
- Naoise - Knight of Chalphy
- Alec - Knight of Chalphy
- Arden - An armored knight from Chalphy who dreams of fighting on the front lines, but is often assigned to castle defense.
Chalphy is a corruption of Thiafli, a servant of Thor in Norse mythology.