Chalphy (シアルフィ Siarufui) is one of the six dukedoms of the Kingdom of Grannvale in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. It was founded by Baldur, the Holy Knight, and ruled by Duke Vylon during the present and Sigurd in his absence. The Holy Sword Tyrfing is passed down the Chalphy family. Their knights squadron is known as Gruenen Ritter (German for "Green Knight") and it was led by Vylon.
In the game, Vylon is seen to wield the Tyrfing in its broken state, and both the playable characters Sigurd and Seliph wield it in the first and second generation respectively.
At the end of the second generation, if Sigurd and Seliph's relative and retainer Oifey makes it to the end, he will become the Duke of Chalphy while Seliph ascends to the throne of Grannvale
Notable citizens of ChalphyEdit
- Sigurd - Son of Duke Vylon, the protagonist of the first generation
- Vylon - Duke of Chalphy during the first generation
- Oifey - Noble of Chalphy and Sigurd's advisor during the first generation
- Ethlyn - Sister of Sigurd, married to Prince Quan of Leonster
- Noish - Knight of Chalphy
- Alec - Knight of Chalphy
- Arden - Knight of Chalphy
- Seliph - Son of Sigurd and Deirdre, the protagonist of the second generation
Chalphy is a corruption of Thiafli, a servant of Thor in Norse mythology.