|This Class Article needs Stats adding!|
|First Seen||Fire Emblem Gaiden|
|Promotes To||Saint (Gaiden only)|
Valkyrie (FE8 and Tellius Series only)
War Cleric , Sage (Awakening only)
|Usable Weapon Types||Staff|
White Magic, Black Magic (FE2 only)
Sword (FE10 only)
|Class Skills||Miracle, Healtouch|
The Cleric (シスター, known as Sister in the Japanese versions) is an all female character class, capable of using Staves (the male variant being a Priest, although females were also considered Priests in earlier games in the series). While low in defense and having no means of attack, the Cleric is a critical class to have on the battlefield. In the Fire Emblem series, a character whose HP is depleted to zero, is (in most cases) killed and unusable for the rest of the game. Having a unit such as a Cleric defeats the fear of permanent death with the ability to heal wounded allies. In Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, the class named Cleric/Sister is more similar to a Shaman.
Though entirely unarmed, the Cleric is one of the most essential classes for the battlefield. They can heal great amounts of HP for allies, allowing the player to use them without the threat of possible death, and save healing items in case of emergency. As they are portrayed, the healer is often defenseless, in the sense that they have little to no means of attack and low defense. It is highly recommended that Clerics are to be guarded and blocked at all times, as not to give the enemy even a chance to strike. While a unit acts as defender, Clerics will be able to equally support with healing magic. However, in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Mist is uniquely able to wield a sword. Clerics gain EXP when using a staff, unless the game is Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi or Fire Emblem Gaiden, where they only gain EXP when attacked by an enemy or in Gaiden's case, attacking. The EXP gained is equal to that of the enemy unit's defeated EXP base value.
The Cleric promotion is among one of the more useful upgrades. The Bishop is not only able to use Staves, but now has access to Light Magic, taking away the defenseless flaw and have a means to attack, although their Light Magic is mostly considered inferior towards the classes who are already proficient with the same type of magic. Bishops can learn the skill Slayer in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Also, in this game, Clerics can also promote in a Valkyrie and are able to use Light Magic along with Staves, while mounted on a Horse for better movement.
In Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Mist can also promote from a Cleric into a Valkyrie, although she uses Swords as opposed to Magic. In the game "Fire Emblem: Awakening, clerics can promote into a sage or war cleric. Sages are better suited for more magical clerics, while war clerics are better suited for those with more strength or exploiting the bolt axe.
- Silk - A cleric who serves Goddess Mila. She was captured by Thieves.
- Jenny - A cleric who serves Mila. She accompanies Celica.
Mystery of the Emblem/Shadow DragonEdit
- Lena - A Medonian priestess running from the Soothsires with Julian in Chapter 3.
- Maria - The youngest of the royal Medonian siblings who is eventually imprisoned by her own brother, Michalis.
- Elice - Marth's older sister, and the only one who can wield the resurrection staff Aum.
- Malliesia - A young girl who is an apprentice of Lena.
- Yumina - The young princess of Grust.
Rekka no KenEdit
- Natasha - A young lady forced to flee Grado because her master discovered the country's grand plan and was ordered to be executed for it.
Path of Radiance/Radiant DawnEdit
- Mist - Younger sister of Ike, the game's main protagonist. She carries a bronze medallion as a keepsake from her deceased mother. Her class is actually the first official Cleric class in the Japanese version (since the ones prior were Sisters).