“The League had reached Akaneian soil, so Marth gave them leave to recuperate in Port Warren, a harbor town known for commerce. Coin alone kept the town free. They paid Doluna dearly in taxes to preserve their autonomy. Naturally, then, theirs was a warm welcome when the Akaneian League arrived. Marth's soldiers were glad to rest there, nestled between mountain and sea, but their joy was spoiled by news that the enemy was fast approaching - as harsh an awakening as a rock beneath the pillow.”
Coastal Skirmish (known as Port Warren in the North American version) is Chapter 8 of Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi and its remake, along with Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 1).
- In this chapter, there are three Armories, two Vendors, and an Arena.
- Kannival drops a Levin Sword.
There are three units that can be recruited:
- Roger - A knight who has fallen in love with Shiida. Can be used to replaced Draug if dead. Has an incredible strength growth for a knight, but lacks in speed compared to Draug and Dolph, both worthy Generals. Usage varies on player opinion.
- Radd - A red haired myrmidon who accompanies Caesar. Has a higher defense than Nabarl but lacks strength, and is only at level one. He can become an incredible Swordmaster, however.
- Caesar - Another mercenary, accompanied by Radd. Has a higher defense than Ogma but lacks strength. He can be a very good Sorcerer, being the only good one you'll get alongside with Etzel, but comes much earlier, and therefore can be used for a longer period of time. Is also good in his other classes.
- On Turn 10, 2 cavaliers and a horseman appear at the NW forts.
- On Turn 17, knights and archers will spawn at the NE forts.
- Crossing to Kannival's area triggers reinforcements if any remain.
- Fire (25) - 300G
- Thunder (21) - 420G
- Blizzard (23) - 690G
- Heal (20) - 800G
- Door Key (1) - 500G
- Vulnerary (3) - 360G
- Iron Sword (40) - 400G
- Steel Sword (35) - 875G
- Silver Sword (20) - 2000G
- Rapier (28) - 1120G
- Iron Bow (40) - 440G
- Iron Lance (40) - 380G
- Steel Lance (35) - 980G
- Silver Lance (20) - 2200G
- Javelin (30) - 750G
- Wing Spear (28) - 1120G
- Iron Axe (40) - 320G
- Steel Axe (35) - 700G
- Hand Axe (30) - 540G
- Iron Bow (40) - 440G
- Steel Bow (35) - 770G
Be careful with low defense units in this chapter. If you happen to still have Lena's Warp staff, it may be useful to quickly warp your units over to Kannival in the east. Also, if Draug has a high defense, and/or Sedgar has been reclassed as a General, unequip them and put them as road blocks to wear down enemy's weapons, then have you weaker units finish them.