The Dark Bishop (ダークビショップ Dāku bishoppu) is an combat magical class that is first introduced in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and to date has been an enemy-only class. Commonly elite members of evil cults such as the Loptyrian Cult and the Gerxel Church in the Jugdral Series and TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga respectively, Dark Bishops are outfitted with Dark Magic, Anima Magic and Staves and are the powerful counterparts to Dark Mages.
History in the SeriesEdit
In their original inception in Genealogy of the Holy War, the Dark Bishop class commonly appears armed with potentially lethal tomes like Fenrir and Hell and status-inflicting Staves like Berserk and Sleep, posing as tremendous threats to all who come within range of their attacks. They can use A-Rank Dark, anima Magic, and Staff weapons. Dark Bishop have the pursuit skill, high stats, including defense and HP and are the basically the dark magic counterpart to the Sage class.
Thracia 776, Dark Bishops in Thracia 776 are again a enemy class with very powerful stats and access to dangerous magic.
In TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga, the Dark Bishop (あんこくしさい Ankoku shisai) similarly manifests as a dangerous adversary armed with nefarious spells that are capable of inflicting vast amounts of damage to all who enter their range of attack. They are one of two common classes capable of using both offensive magic and staves, the other being the Bishop.
In TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga, the class is known Raze Bishop, where it is once again an enemy-only class. In contrast to its other appearances, the class is not used by generic enemies but is instead shared by the four archbishops of the Raze Church. They cannot use staves (as they do not exist in Berwick Saga) but they have a Dark skill cap of 60, the highest in the game. Their two signature spells are Tomaharn (a devastating magic attack that also drains experience points and even levels) and Berserk, which in conjunction with their high stats, makes them very dangerous opponents.
|FE4||40||0||15||10||10||0||10||12||5||-||-||A A A A A|
|FE5||30||0||9||6||6||0||6||-||6||5||-||E E E A A|
|FE4||80||15||30||25||25||30||25||27||5||-||-||A A A A A|
|FE5||80||20||20||20||20||20||20||-||20||20||-||A A A A A|
Notable Dark BishopsEdit
- Manfroy - Leader of the Loptyrian Cult who wishes to revive the Lopto Empire.
- Kutuzov - Lopto bishop presiding over the Yied Shrine; he wields the Fenrir tome.
- Judah - Lopto priest sent to Thracia as part of its alliance with Grannvale.
- Morigan - Lopto bishop in Miletos' Rados Castle who is charged with carrying out the Child Hunts.
- Zagam - Lopto bishop serving under Manfroy.
- Yupheel - Lopto bishop serving under Manfroy.
- Daggon - Lopto bishop serving under Julius.
- Baran - Lopto bishop serving under Julius.
- Gallus - One of the twelve Deadlords serving under Julius.
- Veld - High ranking Lopto bishop with manipulations in Thracia and the Manster District; wields the unique Stone magic.
- Codda - Lopto priest who purses Leif and his forces as they flee Tahra.
- Mua - Lopto priest stationed in Leonster.
- Rinecok - Lopto bishop stationed in the Melfiye monastery; he wields the Berserk.
- Alfan - Lopto priest stationed in Manster.
- Dagon - Cruel bishop of the Gerxel Church.
- The character Galle is referred to as a Dark Bishop, but as he is a part of the back story and is never seen, it is unknown if this is his class or just a title.