“We are knights... If the king orders an attack, we must oblige.”
—Douglas in a support conversation with Igrene
Douglas (ダグラス Dagurasu) is a playable character in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. He is the Great General of Etruria, and is very loyal to his country. Douglas is also the adoptive father of Larum. He first appears as an enemy, but if he is left alone he will become a playable character in the next chapter, and you will access the gaiden chapter for that level. Douglas was the first person to know that Elffin was truly prince Mildain and helped him escape to the western Isles with Larum, on the ship owned by Geese. After the war, he retired to live a peaceful life, with Perceval succeeding him as Great General.
In Chapter 16, the enemy Douglas will not attack Larum or Elffin. Either can talk with him, but he will remain an enemy.
- See also: Douglas/Supports
Douglas is not the best unit, and faces heavy competition for a unit slot. Although he can always go the distance with an amazing base 20 Defense and HP base of 46, making him a good physical wall, he is hindered by his extremely low speed and movement. His availability is somewhat low, as he joins right before the Ilia/Sacae route split.
"This won't be easy..."
—Final Chapter Quote in The Binding Blade
“Ngh! I... I miscalculated...”
- Douglas - Lionhearted General
Although at one point he retired from the military to live in peace, Douglas continued to receive requests from the Etrurian Court to come back. Unable to refuse, he returned to the palace to lead the great Etrurian Army once again, leaving behind many legends that would be told for centuries to come.
- According to a Japanese gaming news website, Douglas landed 57th place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- Douglas is a level 10 General in chapter 16, but when he joins your party in the next chapter he becomes level 8 although his other stats remain the same.
- Douglas is one of only two characters in the game to support with someone from both routes in a path split being both dancers, the only other character being Gonzalez with the pre-promoted unit you get from the path split.