The Duke Knight (デュークナイト Dyūku naito) is a horse-mounted combat physical class for that appears exclusively in the Jugdral Series of Fire Emblem Series and TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga. The promoted form of the Lance Knight, Duke Knights are armed with Lances as their primary weapon of choice, and are also switch to Swords when dismounted in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776.
History in the SeriesEdit
In Thracia 776, the Duke Knight class, like all other mounted classes, is forced to dismount from its steed in indoor chapters. When dismounted, Duke Knights lose the ability to wield Lances and are locked to wielding Swords instead.
In TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga, the Duke Knight is essentially a fusion of the Paladin and Lance Knight. It is capable of using Swords, Spears, Small Shields, and Medium Shields like the former, but also has the ability to use Lances like the latter, making it the strongest mounted class in the game, only rivaled by the enemy-only Black Knight.
In Thracia 776, Duke Knights are outclassed by Paladins in every way because of a new weapon rank system, both classes having the same stat caps, and the dismounting feature makes them both switch exclusively to swords dismounted.
|FE4||Re-Move||Hidden innate skill of all flying and mounted units.|
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class(es)|
|FE4||Lance Knight||Choose the "Class Change" option in the Home Castle when the relevant unit reaches Level 20.||Duke Knight|
|FE5||Lance Knight||Use a Knight Proof on a Level 10+ Lance Knight.||Duke Knight|
Notable Duke KnightsEdit
- Quan - Prince of Leonster and the father of Leif.
- Elliot - A treacherous upstart noble of Agustria.
- Zyne - A knight of Agustria who swears fealty to Chagall.
- Promotion for: Finn.
- Clifford: A once-proud knight that became a drunk upon the death of his wife. Father of Ruby.
- Vester: The son of the Duke of Bornia. He leads a rebellion against the Raze Archbishop Almachius, who is using his father as a puppet king.