“Ready for an adventure? I am! Yay! (laughs) I'm so happy! (sighs)”
—Elise joining the Avatar's army in Chapter 14 (Revelation).
Elise (エリーゼ Erīze) is a major playable character from Fire Emblem Fates on the Conquest and Revelation routes. The youngest of the Nohrian royal siblings, Elise commands the loyalty of Arthur and Effie as her personal retainers.
Elise is the youngest daughter and the youngest child of five in the Nohrian royal family and the daughter of King Garon and an unnamed concubine. When the Avatar was adopted into the family during her childhood, she acknowledged them as one of her older siblings. Near the end of a dark period in the Nohrian royal family, Elise was not directly raised by either of her birth parents and was instead wet-nursed by a kindly matron named Cassita. Much like Camilla and Leo, Elise was unfortunately used as a tool by her mother in order to gain favour with Garon. This fact has left her with sad memories of her mother caring more about Garon than her, one that persisted even when she was at death's door.
Despite her dysfunctional relationship with her mother, Elise's childhood was not mired in darkness, as she actively sought to bring vibrance and happiness to her life. One such instance involved Elise sneaking out of Castle Krakenburg in order to amuse herself within the underground city. There, she met a young girl, Effie, and the two quickly became fast friends. Upon returning to the capital, the two were almost apprehended by the palace guards, only to be unhanded when Elise reluctantly revealed her identity. Following this incident, Elise was unfortunately prohibited from leaving the castle without a chaperone, a fact that forced her to part ways with Effie. Several years came to pass before Effie appeared before Elise once again, this time outfitted in full uniform. When questioned, Effie revealed that she had joined the Nohrian royal knights in hopes of reuniting with her best friend, and Elise immediately responded by appointing her as one of her personal retainers.
Elise makes her first formal appearance at the end of Chapter 1, where, following the mock duel that Xander and the Avatar engage in, she enters the scene with Camilla. Upon entry, she follows Camilla's lead in expressing her concern for the Avatar, and after hearing state that they enjoy her visits, she hurls herself into their arms, exclaiming her love for them. When the Avatar later learns that they have been granted permission to leave the fortress they have been confined in for much of their life, Elise shares in their joy and helps them to prepare for departure.
When the Avatar is later escorted into the throne room of Castle Krakenburg with their siblings in Chapter 2, Elise immediately expresses concern over their safety in leaving outside of their fortress's magical barrier. The Avatar responds by resolutely stating their will to fight for Nohr before they are entrusted the cursed blade of Ganglari and issued a challenge to defeat a group of Hoshidan prisoners. Following the successful completion of the challenge, when the Avatar prepares to fight Xander to protect the prisoners from being executed, Elise is rendered incapable of doing much else apart from expressing shock over their decision and begging Leo to intervene. After Leo rescues the prisoners by pretending to execute them, Elise accompanies her siblings in escorting them out of the castle to freedom.
Later in Chapter 3, Elise accompanies the Avatar to the throne room of Castle Krakenburg to offer their apologies to Garon. Initially overhearing Garon conversing with someone else, the pair prepare to leave, only to turn back when he catches her calling out his name. Despite both Elise and the Avatar's best efforts, they are unable to quell Garon's ire over the Avatar disobeying a direct order from him. They are forced into silence as Garon punishes the Avatar by assigning them the task of investigating an abandoned fort on the Hoshido-Nohr border. When Leo later learns of this fact through the Avatar's casual mention of the task to Camilla, he expresses concern over the Avatar's lack of urgency in their regard of Garon's apparent leniency. This warning of his earns him a slap from Elise, who urges him not to scare the Avatar before their first mission. Elise later shows up again with the rest of her siblings to reinforce the Avatar after they are ambushed by a group of Hoshidan Ninja led by Saizo. When Xander later orders the Avatar to depart with Gunter first, Elise does not see them again until the onset of Chapter 6, when the forces of Hoshido and Nohr clash at the Plains of Hoshido.
If the Avatar chooses to side with Hoshido, Elise will aid her siblings in a desperate bid to defeat the Hoshidans and force the Avatar to return to Nohr. The Nohrian army is eventually defeated by the Avatar and their siblings, and they are thereafter forced to make their retreat.
If the Avatar chooses to side with Nohr, Elise is happy to have her sibling return and aids them in the battle against the Hoshidan army. The Hoshidan army is eventually defeated by the Avatar and their siblings, and they are thereafter forced to make their retreat.
The Avatar decides to side with neither side. Both Xander and Ryoma decide to cross blades in order to fully convince them. The Avatar tries to get their attention by taking down the front commanders for both the Nohrian and Hoshidan army, but this attack is perceived as a betrayal by both armies, causing the Avatar to be branded a traitor. Elise and the Nohrian royal siblings return to Nohr after the battle at the Plains of Hoshido.
The youngest of the Nohrian siblings, Elise's personality is defined by a pronounced lack of jadedness or cynicism, and is instead imbued with traits that are common to a child: juvenile, innocent and pure. Tenderly loving her siblings, she does not hesitate to be generous in her displays of affection for them, which is particularly pronounced in her treatment of the Avatar; right when she is first introduced in Chapter 1, she hurls herself into their arms and tightly embraces them in response to their professing their love for her. Yet another example illustrating this fact is that of her choice to dye specific strands of her hair purple in order to match the hair color sported by Camilla. Elise became extremely close to the Avatar despite the fact that they are an adopted sibling, and she truly sees the Avatar as an integral part of the family.
Despite her childish antics, Elise is known to be immensely astute in her observations of the situations that she finds herself involved in, adeptly adjusting her behavior to suit the occasion. Despite her often childish mannerisms and behaviors, Elise has demonstrated herself to be strongly selfless and courageous in the face of danger. She expresses her kindness to everyone, including enemies. This is shown in Conquest where she finds common ground with Sakura and tries to cheer her up, and in a support with Xander where she heals pirates that had been captured when they raided a port town.
Like Camilla and Leo, Elise has no love to her mother for showing no love for her and even using her as a tool in order to gain her father's favor. Elise realized her mother only cared for Garon more than her even in her death.
Like all of her half-sibilings, Elise despises all of her father's retainers Iago, Hans and Zola. When Iago attempts to kill the Avatar for sparing Hinoka, Elise steps in and, along with the Nohrian royals, stands up to him by vows to kill Iago and be rid of him for his cruel, disgraceful, and cowardly ways, and for being mean and attempting to kill the Avatar many times and becomes grateful when Leo executes Iago, knowing he will not harm the Avatar any longer.
Unlike her half-siblings, Elise doesn't know much about Azura when she was born. She learned from many Nohrian residents that Azura was the princess of Nohr which makes her as Elise's elder step-sister and encourage her to play around with her. In her support with Azura, she tries to get close to her, only for Azura to turn her down, which causes Elise to push her to play with her, in which she accidentally mentions Sakura, causing Elise to be sad and mad at her, thinking she prefers Sakura as her sister over her and Azura attempts to fix this, knowing that she didn't mean to hurt her feelings. They make amends later when Azura gives her the kimono Makoto gave her before her death.
Through her supports with Sakura, it is revealed that Elise is proficient at playing the violin, a fact that later sees the pair strengthening their friendship by performing duets alongside Sakura's koto. Her birthday is March 19.
Staff - D
Staff - D
As an EnemyEdit
Birthright Chapter 6 - In the White LightEdit
Staff - C
Staff - C
Revelation Chapter 6 - Into The GroundEdit
Staff - C
- Base Class
Max Stat ModifiersEdit
- See also: Elise/Supports
- The Avatar (Male)
- Ryoma (Revelation only)
- Takumi (Revelation only)
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
|Possible Candidates||Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
|Possible Candidates||Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
|Possible Candidates||Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
|Possible Candidates||Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
Base Class SetEdit
Elise is highlighted by excellent Magic, Speed, Luck and Resistance, making her perfect for her base Troubadour class. With her strong Magic, she is usually the most potent healer out of all Fates first generation units, which makes her exceptionally useful in Conquest and Revelation. Her low HP and Defense growths do leave her incredibly fragile to any sort of physical assault, so Elise needs to stay out of combat as much as possible. She is designed to serve as support unit instead, a fact accentuated by her personal skill, Lily's Poise which grants a 1 damage boost and a 3 damage reduction to all allied units adjacent to her. Starting off with Resistance +2, one of two rudimentary Troubadour skills, Elise will see little use out of it as she advances in levels due to her high Resistance growth. She later learns Demoiselle, a skill that grants male allies in a two-tile radius around her a 2 damage reduction. The effect of this skill stacks with that of Lily's Poise, thereby granting male allies a total damage reduction of 5, which is useful to have throughout the Conquest route.
Elise has direct access to the Strategist and Maid promotions, both of which gifts her offensive capabilities. In both cases, Her skill stat comes into play, but its middling growths makes it hard for her to hit her targets and likewise dodge. It also makes it difficult to activate skills, though she only has access to them through Buddy and Partner classes. For the most part, her high speed makes it easy for her to double on enemies, so attacking skills may only be necessary if their effects are needed.
As a Strategist, her stat strengths are further enhanced. A horse-mounted class, the Strategist class is more mobile than the Maid. Additionally, the class grants Elise the ability to wield Tomes, allowing her to double as both an effective healer and combat unit. One of the skills Elise stands to learn in this class Rally Resistance, a support skill that allows her to boost the Resistance of nearby allies. Inspiration is the other skill learnt, and is effectively an upgrade of Demoiselle, as it supports not just male allies, but also female ones as well.
As a Maid, Elise gains access to Shuriken, a weapon type that allows her to reduce the stats of enemies. Elise will not be able to function effectively as a combat unit in this class, owing to both the low Might of Shuriken and her horrible Strength, but this can be rather easily fixed by outfitting her with the Flame Shuriken and Felicia's Plate, both of which are weapons that capitalises on her high Magic to increase her damage output. Unfortunately, two Arms Scrolls will need to be used to bring her up to the required rank to use these weapons.
Despite these flaws, the Maid class is not without its strengths; the skills that Elise stands to learn from it are beneficial to her in her role as a primary healer. Live to Serve allows her to replenish her HP equivalent to the amount recovered by ally units whom she heals. This skill is especially useful in situations where Elise is low on HP as her strong Magic growths leads to large health recovery for her ally, entailing an equally potent heal for herself. Tomebreaker, on the other hand, serves little purpose due to her high Resistance, though it can help cover up her poor accuracy. It also allows her to be a potential user of Bifröst, though a Felicia, Jakob, and Flora who have been equally trained with staves can still achieve the same effect as they all start off in the class itself.
Secondary Class SetEdit
Elise's secondary class set is the Wyvern Rider, entailing the Wyvern Lord and Malig Knight promotions. For the most part, this class set is ill-suited for her, due to her low Strength. The base skills of the class set are hardly useful aside from Lunge, which can prove useful when the need to reposition enemy units for swarming arises. The skills available to the promoted classes of this class set are, conversely, rather useful, and the player can thus consider reverting Elise to a magical class after obtaining them.
As a Wyvern Lord, Elise stands to learn Rally Defense, a rally skill that boosts the Defense of nearby allies, and Swordbreaker, a skill that grants her the upper hand in battles against swordsmen. With Rally Defense in particular, she has two innate Rally skills in her base class sets. Unfortunately, as she will start off with E rank in Axes and Lances, two Arms Scrolls will be needed to bring her axe rank to C so she can use Bolt Axes to capitalize on her magic stat. Through proper Buddy and Partner class adoptions as well as Unit Logbook resistance, she can be a potent Rally unit, especially when used in conjunction with her Personal Skill.
As a Malig Knight, Elise is able to arm Tomes, a fact that makes training her in this class a lot easier. She can learn Savage Blow, a skill that allows her to inflict post-battle damage on enemies. She can also learn Trample, which increases her damage output by 5 if the opponent is not on a mount. As most Hoshidan units are not mounted, Trample is thus especially useful on the Conquest route.
Buddy Class SetsEdit
- Effie - Effie grants Elise access to the Knight class set, entailing the General and Great Knight promotions. While her struggles with her low Strength makes her training in this class set quite a grind, the main asset of this class set is the tremendous boost that it provides to her Defense growth. While her base class set's growths and caps in the Defense department are quite low, Elise can still reach the cap a lot quicker thanks to this class, which can prove to be a boon for her. In addition to this, the class set also gives Elise access to a bevy of skills that are beneficial to her. For one, Luna, one of the two Great Knight skills, enhances the potency of her attacks by ignoring enemy Defense. Pavise, one of the two General skills, is yet another superb skill, owing to the fact that it shaves damage from most physical weapons, although Elise will need her Skill increased sufficiently in order to activate it consistently.
- Azura - Azura grants Elise access to the Sky Knight class set, entailing the Falcon Knight and Kinshi Knight promotions. This class set does little for Elise as her natural fragility, on top of the class set's added weakness to Bows/Yumi, makes her extremely vulnerable. However, the skills that she stands to learn should not be neglected, as quite a few of them are beneficial to her. Rally Speed, one of the Falcon Knight's two skills, is one such skill, and it allows Elise to boost the Speed of nearby allies. Camaraderie and Amaterasu, Sky Knight and Kinshi Knight skills respectively, are HP-regeneration skills that enhance her role as a support unit by further complementing her personal skill, Demoiselle and Inspiration.
- Sakura - Sakura grants Elise access to the Shrine Maiden class set, entailing the Priestess and Onmyoji promotions. The Shrine Maiden class is a good alternative for Elise's Troubadour class, as her growths even out in this class. Her base class set's weaknesses are unfortunately carried over to this class set, and care should therefore be exercised when reclassing her into any of the classes within it. The skill miracle will also be seen activating often for her given Elise's excellent luck growth. As a Priestess, Elise's Defense is better enhanced as a compared to when she is an Onmyoji, although her low Strength translates to her not being able to effectively wield the Bows/Yumi that the class employs as its weapons of choice. The class does provide decent skills that are beneficial to Elise, with Renewal giving her the ability to recover HP at the start of every turn and Countermagic allowing her to deflect magical damage inflicted against her. As an Onmyoji, Elise can learn Tomefaire to boost the potency of her magical attacks with Tomes/Scrolls armed, a boon that remains even when she is reverted to her base Strategist class.
- Avatar - The Avatar provides a myriad of class sets and promotions for Elise. However, the one of the best choices for her is the Diviner set, as it entails the Basara and Onmyoji class sets. While the Diviner set gives her Magic +2 for a decent initial boost in magic and Future Sight for increased experience, which compliments her high Luck growths. The Basara and Onmyoji classes add even more bonuses. The Basara gives her Rend Heaven, allowing her to fight heavy magic units with ease, though she will need to increase her Skill to activate it consistently despite the 1.5x activation rate. Quixotic increases her accuracy and skill activation which is useful to help her activate offensive skills and hit more often, but she must kill the opponent in one turn or its effects will most likely backfire on her. From the Onmoyji class, she can learn Rally Magic to further boost a rally role and Tomefaire to increase her magic output.
- Benny - Benny provides the Knight set. For more information, read Effie's section above.
- Odin - Odin provides Elise with the Dark Mage class set, entailing the Sorcerer and Dark Knight promotions. This can suit her well in offense, as all of the classes use magic which compliment her high Magic stat. From the Dark Mage class, she can learn Malefic Aura to increase her damage a bit and Heartseeker to improve her accuracy by standing next to the opponent, though it can be dangerous given her poor health and Defense. The Sorcerer can provide her with Vengeance and Bowbreaker. While Vengeance can be put into question due to her low health, Defense and Skill, it can allow her to deal more damage if her health is low. Bowbreaker makes her a better bow killing unit, and will also increase her subpar accuracy against evasive bow users. From the Dark Knight class, Elise can learn Seal Magic to cripple magical units slightly and Lifetaker to recover any health she loses, though her low health limits the use of Lifetaker.
- Takumi- Takumi provides Elise the Archer class set, entailing the Sniper and Kinshi Knight promotions. Elise has little work staying in this class, as she lacks physical power and it does nothing for her fragile defenses. However, some of the skills can be useful. Skill +2 can be used early on to improve her low skill, but it better dropped for more superior skills later on. Quick Draw can be used to increase her damage output if she starts the battle. From Sniper, Elise can learn Certain Blow, which can help her significantly, given her low accuracy rates. Bowfaire is not as useful since neither of Elise's base class promotions nor her secondary uses the Bows. For the Kinshi Knight, read Azura's section.
- Budding Flower
- Princess of Nohr who adores her siblings. A bit childish, but has a pure heart and keen eyes. Appears in Fire Emblem Fates.
|Gravity||150||6||2||After combat, if unit attacked, prevents foe from moving more than 1 space through its next action.||✯✯✯✯✯|
|Gravity+||300||10||2||After combat, if unit attacked, prevents target and foes within 1 space of target from moving more than 1 space through their next actions.||✯✯✯✯✯|
|Heal||-||1||Restores 5 HP.||-|
|Mend||100||1||Restores 10 HP.||-|
|Recover||200||1||Restores 15 HP.|
Slows Special trigger (cooldown count+1).
|Recover+||300||1||Restores HP = 50% of Atk +10. (Minimum of 15 HP.)||✯✯✯✯✯|
|Name||SP Cost||Effects||Charge Cost||Rarity|
|Imbue||50||When healing an ally with a staff, increases recovered HP by 10.||1||-|
|Kindled-Fire Balm||150||When healing an ally with a staff, grants all allies Atk+4 for 1 turn.||1||✯✯✯✯✯|
|Live to Serve 1||40||When healing allies with a staff, unit also recovers 50% of the HP restored.||-|
|Live to Serve 2||80 (Required: Live to Serve 1)||When healing allies with a staff, unit also recovers 75% of the HP restored.||-|
|Live to Serve 3||160 (Required: Live to Serve 2)||When healing allies with a staff, unit also recovers the same amount.||✯✯✯✯✯|
Elise (Nohrian Summer)Edit
- Tropical Flower
- A Nohrian princess who loves her siblings and has matured a little by taking a solo trip to a tropical island. Appears in Fire Emblem Fates.
|Hibiiscus Tome||-||8||2||Unit grants allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd +1 during combat.||-|
|Hibiscus Tome+||-||12||2||Unit grants allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd +1 during combat.||✯✯✯✯✯|
|Rally Attack||-||1||Unit grants Atk+4 to an adjacent ally unitl the end of the turn.||-|
|Rally Atk/Res||-||1||Unit grants Atk/Res+3 to an adjacent ally until the end of the turn.||-|
|Speed +1||30||Grants Spd+1.||-|
|Spd/Res 1||80 (Required: Speed +1 or Resistance +1)||Grants Spd/Res+1.||-|
|Spd/Res 2||160 (Required: Spd/Res 1)||Grants Spd/Res+2.||-|
|G Tome Valor 1||30||If unit survives and users a green tome, unit gets 1.5x SP. (If similar skill effects also used, only highest multiplier applied.)||-|
|G Tome Valor 2||60 (Required: G Tome Valor 1.)||If unit survives, all green tome users on team get 1.5x SP. (If similar skill effects also used, only highest multiplier applied.)||-|
|G Tome Valor 3||120 (Required: G Tome Valor 2.)||If unit survives, all green tome users on team get 2x SP. (If similar skill effects also used, only highest multiplier applied.)||-|
- See also: Elise/Warriors Supports
- Elise - Budding Flower
- Following her trials during the war, Elise returned to Nohr a wiser and more refined lady. People across the world grew to adore her for her kindness, and she was applauded as being a perfect princess.
- Elise and Avatar
- Avatar was hailed as a hero, working alongside his spouse to spread peace worldwide. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
- Elise and Arthur
- Arthur returned to his true calling, justice. Scholars believe his luck improved slightly after the war. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
- Elise and Benny
- Benny was assigned to train new soldiers but soon retired to live in the forest with his animal friends. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
- Elise and Jakob
- Jakob served as a butler for the rest of his life, but his true love was reserved for his wife alone. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
- Elise and Kaze
- While no official records of Kaze survive, he appears in many rumors and tales of heroic exploits. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
- Elise and Keaton
- Keaton returned to his homeland. He frequently visited old friends and got lost on the way home. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
- Elise and Laslow
- Laslow vanished after the war, but he inspired generations of dancers and rallied the spirits of many. His wife, Elise, also disappeared from public record but no doubt grew into a remarkable woman.
- Elise and Niles
- Niles continued to take care of Lord Leo's dirty work while helping reform Nohr's criminal population. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
- Elise and Odin
- There are no official records of Odin from after the war, but much was written about (and by) him. His wife, Elise, also disappeared from public record but no doubt grew into a remarkable woman.
- Elise and Ryoma
- Ryoma was crowned king of Hoshido, and his rule led to an era of unprecedented prosperity. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
- Elise and Silas
- Silas served loyally as a knight of Nohr. He was beloved by trainee knights for his great patience. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
- Elise and Takumi
- Takumi grew into his position as a leader and prince. He was a crucial part of Hoshido's recovery. His wife, Elise, grew out of her childish ways into a talented healer of extraordinary compassion.
Elise is illustrated in the trading card game with the following cards:
Elise is a French name and a shortened variation of the name Elizabeth. It roughly translates from "pledged to God."
- Elise is the only one of the Nohrian Royalty Siblings to start out in a base class.
- She is the only Nohr royal sibling who is not a commander on any map in the Birthright path, in addition to not having a character from Awakening being one of her retainers.
- Elise placed 4th in the official character popularity poll held on the game's official site for the females.
- Elise was the 6th most popular character in the popularity poll issued by Famitsu.
- Elise placed 5th in the character popularity poll issued by Nintendo Dream. She was the highest ranked female character on the list, excluding the Avatar who placed 3rd.
- Elise came in 15th place for females in the Fire Emblem Heroes Choose Your Legends popularity poll. She had 8,962 total votes.
- Elise, Sakura, Azama, and Laura are the only named characters who are staff-locked and cannot be recruited in chapters they appear as enemies. Of the four characters, Elise is the only one who is only fought once on a single playthrough.
- Elise's official artwork and portrait depicts her with a Heal Staff.
- Elise shares her critical quote, "No more holding back!", with her retainers Arthur and Effie.
- Elise shares her English voice actress from Fire Emblem Fates and Heroes, Natalie Lander (Credited as Liv Strander in Heroes), with Fir (Heroes) and Nina (Fates).
- Elise is the winner of the 4th Voting Gauntlet (The War of the Clerics) in Fire Emblem Heroes.
- See main article: Elise/Gallery.