“My sisters say that being the youngest, I’m good at adapting to situations, but being adaptable doesn’t mean much when your luck is as terrible as mine! They think I’ve had it pretty easy, but it’s actually been tough for me. I have to admit, sometimes I wish they could understand that a bit more…”
—Est in Echoes
Est (エスト Esuto) is a playable character in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Fire Emblem Gaiden, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, and their remakes. She is 16 years old in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
In Takayashiki Hideo's unofficial Mystery of the Emblem novel adaptation, Est is 17 years old.
In Fire Emblem Awakening, Est is the first DLC character for the Second Series DLC Pack and was illustrated by Kinu Nishimura.
Est is the youngest of the Pegasus Sisters of Macedon under Minerva's command. Unlike Palla and Catria, she joins late in the game, as she decided to steal Mercurius before returning. She falls in love with the knight Abel, and eventually marries him and moves to Altea.
She and her sisters also appear in Fire Emblem Gaiden. According to Est, Palla, and Catria's base converstions in the remake, Est had left the Whitewings the day after the War of Shadows, wanting to open up a shop with Abel and live a normal life. Unfortunately, Est ends up getting captured by Grieth, and her sisters follow the pirate ship to rescue her, but they lose sight of it near Zofia Harbor. Jesse tries to save Est, but gets captured. After Celica's party rescues Jesse, they travel to Grieth's fort, defeat Grieth, and save Est. After the war, she returns to Archanea with her sisters, but promises to come back some day.
In Mystery of the Emblem, Est is captured by the Archanean army to force Abel to fight against Marth. She can be rescued and once again fight alongside Marth's army. After the war, she leaves Abel and vanishes, leading him to disappear in search of her.
As the youngest of the three Whitewing sisters from Archanea, Est is pure and innocent and often gets told off by her sisters. She is cheerful and chatty with a straight-forward personality.
Est, and her sisters Palla and Catria, are all Pegasus Knights recruited in Celica's route. When considering all of the Pegasus Knights in Gaiden, Est and Catria are both strong all rounders whose balance between Speed and Strength usually makes them the most offensively potent. Palla is strong and durable but slow for a Pegasus Knight, and Clair is very agile but fragile.
In Gaiden, Est is the most statistically impressive of the Pegasus Knight sisters, having the single highest growth rates in the game and by quite a lot at that. She will start out much weaker than her sisters if you leveled them at all, and will require some babysitting until she gains half a dozen levels. However, if you do choose to level her, she will easily become the most powerful of her sisters, beating them both in all stats except for HP. Catria and Est will usually wind up even in stats or separated by 1 or 2 points in almost everything. The only stat that really separates the two is Defense, which Est will have a lot more of.
The two problems with Est are her late recruitment and low level. If you put in the effort of bringing her up to speed, she will not disappoint. Not only is she the most powerful among her sisters, but she is among the most powerful in the entire game. However, Catria is nearly as good as her and is available for almost the entire game. While Palla is statistically inferior to her sisters by a moderate margin, her availability may prove more useful overall than Est's statistical superiority. So while Est does have the most potential, her late recruitment means players may opt not to level her.
Lance - C
* - Drops if defeated as an enemy unit in Chapter 20.
In Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, both of Est's sisters have their growths raised significantly, while Est's growths have stayed the same. This, due to her low starting stats, usually makes her less useful than in the original. However, she still has a great deal of potential, if properly trained at an arena.
Otherwise, she joins extremely late but has nice growths, and comes with a Ridersbane in a chapter where the enemy is filled with cavalry. Reclassing her to myrmidon or archer are also common choices because she has high growths fit for a swordmaster or sniper with that much higher maximum stats for speed and skill which cancels out that lower strength.
Lance - C
Lance - D
Personal Max StatsEdit
- See also: Est/Supports
- Junior Whitewing
- Youngest of three sisters who are pegsasus knights for Macedon. Appears in Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem.
|Heavy Spear||200||8||1||Effective against armored units.||✯✯✯|
|Heavy Spear+||300||12||1||Effective against armored units.||✯✯✯✯✯|
|Shove||150||1||Push adjacent ally 1 space farther away.||✯✯✯|
|Defiant Res 1||40||Grants Res+3 at start of turn if unit's HP < 50%.||✯|
|Defiant Res 2||80 (Required:|
Defiant Res 1)
|Grants Res+5 at start of turn if unit's HP < 50%.||✯✯|
|Defiant Res 3|| 160 (Required:|
Defiant Res 2)
|Grants Res+7 at start of turn if unit's HP < 50%.||✯✯✯✯|
|Seal Spd 1||40||After combat, foe suffers Spd-3 through its next action.||✯✯✯|
|Seal Spd 2||80 (Required: Seal Spd 1)||After combat, foe suffers Spd-5 through its next action.||✯✯✯✯|
|Seal Spd 3||160 (Required: Seal Spd 2)||After combat, foe suffers Spd-7 through its next action.||✯✯✯✯✯|
“Sorry, General. My place is with the commander.”
—Est's withdraw quote in Chapter 7 in Shadow Dragon
“It's just you and me! ...And my sisters! Triangle Attack!!!”
—Est's quote prepare to strike with a Triangle Attack in Shadow Dragon
“Are my sisters with you?”
—Est's recruitment quote in Awakening
“Commander... I gave it my all...”
—Est's death quote in Shadow Dragon
“I'm sorry, big sister(s)...”
—Est's death quote in Gaiden
—Est's death quote in Mystery of the Emblem Book 1
—Est's death quote in Mystery of the Emblem Book 2
“I'm hurt..Go on without me Commander! I must withdraw”
—Est's retreat quote in Chapter 7
Recruitment Conversations Edit
“Thank you so much for saving me! My name's Est, by the way. I was kidnapped by pirates in Archanea and brought here. I'd really like to hurry home, but... Well, it wouldn't be right to run off before thanking you for your help. I'd like to go with you, if you'll have me. What do you say?”
—Est's recruitment conversation
Level Up Edit
- "I'm feeling pretty useful today!"
- "Strength without grace is just clumsy!"
Class Change Edit
- "Okay...I'll do my best!"
Battle Quotes Edit
First Turn Selection Edit
- "I can handle this."
- "Okay, I'm on it!" (almost half health)
- "U-uhm, w-well... I'll try?"" (low health)
Enemy Dodges Edit
- gasps* "This is bad."
Enemy does One or No Damage Edit
- "I'm strong too, you know!"
- "Saw that coming!"
Being Healed Edit
- "Aww, how sweet!"
- "Thank you!"
Used Healing Item Edit
- *giggles* "I'm full."
Critical Hit Edit
- "Coming through!"
- "Thought you could win?"
Using Triangle Attack Edit
- "Nice knowing ya!"
Finishing Blow Edit
- "Here we go!"
Enemy Defeated Edit
- "I'll pull my own weight!"
- "That was no sweat!"
- "What did ya think of that?"
- "Wait for me, Abel!"
Nearby Ally Defeated Enemy Edit
- "That's my sister!" (Palla or Catria)
- "Wow. That was amazing!"
- "I'm not half bad, huh?"
- "You're so strong!"
Nearby Ally Below Half Health Edit
- "You should really get that looked at."
Summary Screen Edit
- "I hope I was useful out there!"
- "Ugh... I'm beat..." (fatigued)
- "I'm sad we can't continue together." (an ally dies)
- "No... I can't go on without the three of us!" (Palla or Catria die)
Death Quote Edit
- Little Sister - Est
- "Est fell in love with an Altean knight, and found that the path of the heart was a surer route to happiness than that of the spear."
- (If both Palla and Catria are alive)
- 'I'll definitely come again! Thank you, everyone~~'
No matter where she goes, Est always remains upbeat.
- (If one or both are dead)
- 'Big sister(s)...'
Remembering the older sister(s) who had died for her sake, Est wept.
Echoes: Shadows of ValentiaEdit
- (If both Palla and Catria are alive)
- Successfully reunited with her sisters, Est returned home in triumph. Tales of her further exploits line the pages of Archanea’s history books.
- (If Palla or Catria died)
- Though painful loss hung over her return home like a dark cloud, the annals of Archanean history are replete with tales of Est’s glorious exploits later in life.
New Mystery of the EmblemEdit
- Wayward Knight
- "After the war, Est said her goodbyes to Abel, for reasons known only to her and disappeared."
- (If Abel is dead)
- "Unable to bear the sadness of losing Abel, Est disappeared after the war"
Est is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
In the French and Italian language, Est means east, as in the cardinal direction. In both French and Latin, Est also means is.
- Est, Palla, and Eldigan are the only recruitable DLC characters in Awakening that do not have recruitable SpotPass versions.
- Est shares her English voice actress, Brianna Knickerbocker, with Fates' Sakura, Charlotte and Heroes' Ninian.
- Est, alongside her sisters, is the most reccuring playable character in the series, being playable in 7 games out of the series.