Laus is located in the heart of Lycia, a territory ruled by the power-hungry marquess of Laus, Lord Darin. Preparations for the war of which the Pheraen magistrate spoke...The disappearance of Eliwood's father, Elbert...The death of Marquess Santaruz...Do these all revolve around Lord Darin? In Eliwood's heart, the need for truth is drowned in fear...A fear of what that truth may hold.
If you came from Chapter 13x, this is added to the beginning:
A droll merchant named Merlinus now joins Eliwood's group. With Merlinus in tow, they set out for Laus the following day.
False Friends is Chapter 14 of Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken. Inside Laus Castle, Darin receives word from his son, Erik, that Eliwood and co. are headed toward the castle. Ephidel says that it's possible the Helman had clung to lifelong enough to tell Eliwood something. Darin becomes distressed, but Ephidel calms him down, saying that since Pherae no longer has any power, the only real threat is if Eliwood is able to tell Marquess Ostia. But to do that, they have to pass through Laus. Darin says to ready the troops, and allows Erik to take command.
Erik then rides out from the castle to talk to Eliwood. Hector leaves, saying he'll survey the surroundings. Erik approaches Eliwood, saying he came to greet his friend as he passes through Laus. Eliwood becomes suspicious and asks what Erik and his father are planning. Erik reveals that he's despised Eliwood for a long time, and plans to kill him here. Hector reappears, saying that Erik has concealed troops all around the area. Erik retreats to the castle, confident that the sheer number of troops will overwhelm Eliwood's group.
After the battle, Eliwood tells Erik that they've searched the castle, and there's no sign of his father anywhere. Erik is silent, but Eliwood pleads that he help him find his own father. Erik tells Eliwood that one year ago, Ephidel appeared and convinced Darin to start a rebellion against Ostia, who's position had always bothered Darin. Darin then sent out word to the other marquesses of Lycia. Marquess Santaruz and Marquess Pherae (Eliwood's father) both approved of the idea. Six months ago, Marquess Pherae had traveled to Laus to seal his approval, but he distrusted Ephidel and told Darin to send them away. Darin refused, and Marquess Pherae left. Erik says that he then disappeared, and it's unlikely that he's alive. Neither Eliwood nor Hector believe this or Erik's statement that Eliwood's father supports rebellion against Ostia. Eliwood plans to find the Black Fang and Ephidel and prove his father's innocence.
- Starting with this chapter, Hannah can provide advice when the player selects the "Fortune" option on the Battle Preparations screen and pays her fee.
Initial Enemy (Total: 21)Edit
- Erik (Boss): Cavalier L14 w/ Silver Lance*
- 1 Myrmidon L3 w/ Steel Sword, Vulnerary
- 1 Archer L3 w/ Iron Bow, Vulnerary
- 1 Cavalier L1 w/ Javelin, Vulnerary
- 5 Cavalier L3 w/ Iron Lance
- 4 Cavalier L2 w/ Iron Lance
- 1 Archer L3 w/ Iron Bow
- 1 Cavalier L3 w/ Iron Sword
- 3 Soldier L3 w/ Iron Lance
- 1 Knight L2 w/ Iron Lance
- 2 Cavalier L1 w/ Iron Lance
A * indicates an item dropped upon defeat
Reinforcements (Total: 6)Edit
- Turn 3-4, from the western Fort on the islands:
- Turn 4-5, from the mountains in the northwest
- 1 Brigand L3 w/ Iron Axe
- Turn 7, from the central Fort on the islands:
- 1 Pirate L3 w/ Iron Axe
- Turn 7, from the eastern Fort on the islands:
- 1 Pirate L3 w/ Iron Axe
- 5 Soldier L3 w/Iron Lance
- 2 Mercenary L1 w/Iron Sword
- 1 Myrmydon L5 w/Steel Sword, Vulnerary
- 1 Knight L2 w/Iron Lance
- 1 Archer L3 w/Iron Bow, Vulnerary
- 1 Nomad L3 w/Iron Bow
- 1 Cavalier L4 w/Iron Sword
- 1 Cavalier L1 w/Iron Sword
- 3 Cavalier L3 w/Iron Lance, one has a Vulnerary
- 1 Cavalier L3 w/Iron Sword
- 1 Brigand L3 w/Iron Axe (upper left peak), 1 Pirate L3 w/Iron Axe (left island fortress) after player's 1st turn.
- 1 Brigand L3 w/Iron Axe (upper left peak), 1 Pirate L3 w/Iron Axe (left island fortress) after player's 2nd turn.
- 2 Pegasus Knight L w/Slim Lance (middle and right island fortress) after player's 4th turn
Birds of a Feather or The Peddler Merlinus
|False Friends||Next chapter:|
Noble Lady of Caelin or (only in Hector mode) Talons Alight