“I've also been training my sword skills, and I've won at many arenas around the continent. You don't have to go easy on me!”
—Fir to Rutger in a support conversation
Fir (フィル Firu) is a playable character from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. She is the daughter of Bartre and Karla, making her the niece of Karel. She travels around Elibe in an attempt to hone her skills and is aquainted with Noah. She trains with him in the Arena during the rebellion initiated by Leygance in Ostia. She is quite headstrong, and exudes the same calmness and single-mindedness of purpose as her mother. In Chapter 9, she carries a Wo Dao, an extremely rare sword that Scott seeks to grab.
She can be recruited only by speaking to her with Noah. She makes a brief cameo appearance in Chapter 17 of the Hasha no Tsurugi manga.
Fir works to follow in the footsteps of her late mother and struggles to improve her skills in swordsmanship until she achieves the title of Swordmaster. As the rebellion against Lilina and Hector occurs in Ostia, she is oblivious to the turmoil while she trains with Noah in an arena. It is not until Chapter 9 that she joins Roy's party, later learning through support conversations that Noah has been in love with her since he first saw her.
- Chapter 9: Enemy, speak with Noah.
Sword - D
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
- See also: Fir/Supports
Fir is one of the two Myrmidons who join, the other one being Rutger. Fir joins at Level 1, at a time when most of your characters will be Level 11+ and she is a fairly difficult character to train in Normal Mode. However in Hard Mode, she gains considerable bonuses to her stats accross all areas. On top of this, she joins in a series of Chapters where the majority of the enemies fought will be Axe users. Making her relatively easy to train here should the player desire another Swordmaster or if Rutger died. Overall, Fir is a late joining Rutger in Hard Mode and joins around enemies she can defeat. However she is not really needed as Rutger has been with you for longer unless you want a second Swordmaster.
- Sword Student
- A woman who travels in search of the best swordplay opponents anywhere. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
|Killing Edge||200||7||1||Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1)||✯✯✯|
|Killing Edge+||300||11||1||Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||✯✯✯✯✯|
|Name||SP Cost||Effects||Charge Cost||Rarity|
|Chilling Wind||100||Boosts damage delt by 50% of unit's Res.||4||✯✯✯|
|Glacies||200||Boosts damage dealt by 80% of unit's Res.||4||✯✯✯✯|
|Speed +1||30||Grants Spd+1.||✯|
|Speed +2||60 (Required: Speed +1)||Grants Spd+2.||✯✯✯|
|Speed +3||120 (Required (Speed +2)||Grants Spd+3.||✯✯✯✯|
|Pass 1||50||Unit can pass through foes if its own HP ≥ 75%.||✯✯✯|
|Pass 2||100 (Required: Pass 1)||Unit can pass through foes if its own HP ≥ 50%.||✯✯✯✯|
|Pass 3||200 (Required: Pass 2)||Unit can pass through foes if its own HP ≥ 25%.||✯✯✯✯✯|
The Binding BladeEdit
Fir - Heir to the Sword Saint (『剣聖』をつぐ者 “Kensei” wo tsugu mono lit. The succeeding "Sword Saint")
- Fir set out again to travel around the world in training. Her name eventually spread throughout the continent as the next Sword Saint, and her legends were to be told for centuries to come.
Fir is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
- On the official Japanese website for Nintendo, Fir won 5th place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. The male-female vote ratio is 2:1. The voter comments seem to generally focus on her naive but bold and emotional personality, her character design, and her easy usability as a Myrmidon/Swordmaster due to her high Speed, Skill, and Luck rates.
- Fir shares her English voice actress in Fire Emblem Heroes, Natalie Lander (Credited as Liv Strander), with Elise (Fates, Heroes) and Nina (Fates).