Fire Emblem Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi manga is the manga adaptation of Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, having a total of 60 chapters. There are twelve volumes.
- Author: Maki Hakoda
- Illustrator: Maki Hakoda
- Publisher: Enix
- Release: January 27, 1994 - March 27, 1999 (Japan)
- Volumes (ISBN):
- Vol. 1: 4-87025-503-0 (January 27th, 1994)
- Vol. 2: 4-87025-509-X (May 27th, 1994)
- Vol. 3: 4-87025-522-7 (October 27th, 1994)
- Vol. 4: 4-87025-534-0 (March 27th, 1995)
- Vol. 5: 4-87025-544-8 (August 27th, 1995)
- Vol. 6: 4-87025-544-5 (January 27th, 1996)
- Vol. 7: 4-87025-566-9 (August 27th, 1996)
- Vol. 8: 4-87025-573-1 (January 27th, 1997)
- Vol. 9: 4-87025-584-7 (July 27th, 1997)
- Vol. 10: 4-87025-598-7 (January 27th, 1998)
- Vol. 11: 4-87025-375-5 (October 27th, 1998)
- Vol. 12: 4-87025-598-7 (January 27th, 1999)
Differences from the GameEdit
- Cornelius's death was shown in the manga to be the work of Gharnef, but the game mentioned that he was killed by Gra's forces, which was never shown.
- Ogma appeared in Map 1 in Talys and he did fight along with Marth against the Pirates of Galder in Talys, but in the games, he wasn't shown until Chapter 2: The Pirates of Galder.
- Liza and Ludwik appeared in the manga.
- Characters from the game such as Wrys, Darros, Jake, Beck, Arran, and Samson were not shown in the manga.
- Gazzak and Gomer were written out of the manga and got replaced by a mercenary-type leader that was wielding a sword instead of an axe.
- Luthier from Fire Emblem Gaiden appears in the manga adaption and Merric and Luthier already knew each other sometime before the beginning of the manga and Luthier came to visited in Khadein and he watched Merric to do his thunder spell.