Fire Emblem: Light Inheritors is one of the four manga adaptations of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. Light Inheritors focuses on the Second Generation of the game and it ends around Chapter 9 after Travant's defeat. It has a total of five volumes and twenty-one chapters. Some of the characters from the First Generation make a cameo in the manga, in flashbacks and Extra Pages.
- Author: Nea Fuyuki
- Illustrator: Nea Fuyuki
- Publisher: Enix
- Release: March 27, 1999 - October 27, 2001 (Japan)
- Volumes (ISBN):
- Vol. 1: 4-87025-472-7 (March 27, 1999)
- Vol. 2: 4-7575-0131-5 (December 27, 1999)
- Vol. 3: 4-7575-0267-2 (August 27, 2000)
- Vol. 4: 4-7575-0427-7 (April 27, 1999)
- Vol. 5: 4-7575-0539-6 (October 27, 1999)
Differences from the GameEdit
- Johan and Johalva are recruited at the same time in the manga adaptation. In the game, they cannot be simultaneously recruited, it has to be either one or the other.
- The substitute characters do not appear.
- Sylvia's daughter, Leen, does not appear in this manga either. This produces two plot holes in regards to their relationships with her prospect love interest Ares and Corpul's foster father Hannibal, which are fixed in a roundabout way: Ares is hinted to have feelings for Julia instead, and Hannibal joined Seliph's army after Travant died instead of rescuing Corpul at first in the game. Apparently, this was more of an issue with time and story constraints rather than the author disliking them.
- Nanna is portrayed as being clingy to Leif, expressing jealousy towards his close friendship with Seliph.
- While in-game, the romantic couples are chosen by the player, Nea Fuyuki made established some pairings as a part of the storyline. Some of them are Seliph/Lana, Ares/Julia, Lester/Patty, and Leif/Nanna.
- Areone is given a gender flip, being female in this manga. In addition, Altena's affection for Areone is portrayed as being strictly familial without the romantic implications present in the game. It is also mentioned that Altena was beaten by Travant as a child, and this resulted in her becoming emotionally dependent on Areone, who was the only person to ever show kindness to her.
List of ChaptersEdit
- Chapter 1: Earl of Light
- Chapter 2: Silver Insight
- Chapter 3: Experience Weakness
- Chapter 4: Different Timeframes
- Chapter 5: Heart's Gap
- Chapter 6: Ride the Sky
- Chapter 7: Black Knight
- Chapter 8: Unobtainable Flash
- Chapter 9: Guide
- Chapter 10: Decisive Battle
- Chapter 11: He who came from the Shadows
- Chapter 12: Return to Light
- Chapter 13: To Thracia
- Chapter 14: Under the Stars
- Chapter 15: Sacrificial Resolve
- Chapter 16: Because they Believe
- Chapter 17: One's Support
- Chapter 18: The Only One
- Chapter 19: Unseen Wish
- Chapter 20: Existence
- Final Chapter: Light