These are the policies developed over time by the Fire Emblem Wiki community. Although exceptions may arise and they are subject to change, editors and readers should follow them in most cases to ensure the quality of articles as well as avoiding conflicts. Please read carefully.
- Fire Emblem, the first Fire Emblem to be released outside of Japan, is referred to as Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, this is mainly to avoid confusion.
- All titles not released outside Japan will use their Japanese subtitle (such as Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~), unless a English subtitle is provided in official English material.
- Due to Book 1 of Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem being a remake of the original Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, only the events of Book 2 are referred to as the events of Mystery of the Emblem.
- Names of characters exclusive to games that have not been released outside Japan shall be referred to with their official Japanese name, if available.
- When uploading images, don't give them gibberish names. At least attempt to be descriptive and to the point.
- Likewise, several images will be named with outdated names as they were uploaded from before the official English name was known. As long as the subject is still clearly identified, please do not label this images for renaming solely because of that.
- Stats on weapons that appear in more than one game have to say which game they are from.
- Pages created about websites have to follow another set of rules. See: Fire Emblem Wiki:Policies/Writing an article about a website.
- See also: Fire Emblem Wiki:Article Guidelines.
- You are not allowed to use blogs/forums/talk page comments/user pages to flame or troll users.
- Never respond to old month comments like on Talk Pages, Forums, and so on, unless you have something truly important to say on the topic.
- Excessive profane language, explicit images and racial/religious slurs will not be tolerated, and will be reverted/deleted on sight. Depending on the severity of the offense, the perpetrator will either be warned or banned outright. This does not apply to profanity in actual in game dialogue. While use of profanity is discouraged, simply using it will not be reverted unless it is used to insult others. (likewise, users shouldn't go out of their way to censor any "naughty words" they see) In other words, keep it civil and keep it G at best, but PG-13 at worst, thanks.
- Talk pages should be used to discuss the article's contents in some form, such requesting changes or asking for clarification. Off topic discussion or opinion pieces are topics for the forums, and such conversation does not belong on the talk pages.