Fire Emblem if: Niberungu no Hokan (ファイアーエムブレムif ニーベルングの宝冠, Fire Emblem if: The Crown of Nibelung) is a manga whose plotline focuses mainly on Leo, the second royal prince of Nohr. It is an adaptation of the game and follows the Revelation route. The Avatar is depicted in her female incarnation.
It makes some references to other material related to Fire Emblem Fates, such as the drama CD. For example, it mentions the Clarkenstein villa within the imperial palace, where the Nohrian Royal Family officially resides.
The manga is serialised in the magazine Comic Zero-Sum, and began its run on January 28th, 2017.
Author: Yugyoji Tama
- Vol. 1: 25 September 2017
Differences from the gameEdit
Though it follows the Revelation route, there have been many changes to the story due to shifting the focus to Leo:
- The internal strife within Nohr is shown more clearly, such as the economic costs of the war and how the common people are treated.
- Several events, such as the introduction of My Castle, are either completely ignored or just skipped over.
- Several villains were tweaked to have deeper, more complex portrayals:
- Garon, while acting generally the same, ocasionaly shows a glimpse of his former self.
- Iago, though having a similar role to his game counterpart, is a much more sympathetic figure: While having a cold and calculated personality as he commited some heinous acts due to his position, especially to the Nohrian royals, he legitimately respected and cared about them, but loosened his moral compass due with Garon grooming him with the promise of Dragon's blood.