|Need an Image!|
|This article is in need of an image. Remove this template when an image has been added. If you are unsure whether or not an image is appropriate, please discuss it on the Talk Page.|
Five Gemstones (五つの宝玉, Itsutsu no Hōgyoku lit. The Five Orbs in the Japanese version) is Chapter 21 of Fire Emblem Awakening.
- Secret Book (top-left)
- Bullion (L) (Below top-left chest)
- Noble Rapier (Guarded by two Sorcerers)
- Fortify (Right of the two Sorcerers)
The script for this chapter can be found here.
|The following part of this article contains strategy; therefore, it is subjective, and may not work for everyone.|
Note: Outside of the DLC Levels, this is the last chapter where Locktouch is needed if you plan on getting the chests.
This chapter uses the tome Mire very often. Mire, like other long-range tomes can be cast anywhere from 3-10 spaces from the user, making the player rush to Algol quickly or risk massive Mire attacks. Four Sorcerers in the main room carry Mire tomes; the one in the staircases left of Algol will drop his tome upon defeat. There are many other enemies to deal with also along the way, and there are a few chests that may be of interest. However, due to the mechanics of this level, it is best to avoid them unless your Thief/Assassin/Trickster has very high Resistance and Speed, along with an A/S Support rank partner in a Pair Up to have the Sorcerers deal as little damage or avoid their attacks completely.
Although this is not a timed level, players are essentially given a time limit as one Sorcerer spawns on one side on turn 2, then another on turn 3 to the sides where they cannot be attacked unless lured. They only carry Mire tomes but they can potentially kill a unit if you stagnate in one area too long. Rush Algol as fast if you can if your units are not strong enough to finish the level, watching out for the various enemies along the way.
If the player doesn't mind taking their time, simply lure the Sorcerers on the sides until they are up against the wall, and then blast them with Bows or Tomes, as they will be unable to retaliate back due to the nature of long-ranged tomes. Otherwise, if you don't mind spending a good amount of money buying Mire tomes off Gharnef's or Raydrik's SpotPass teams. This will allow you to loot all the chests as long as you have a healer to restore lost health while fighting them.
Alternatively the player can break the Sorcerers' Mire tomes by using a unit with high resistance, low avoid, and ideally wield a tome to activate the Sorcerers' tomebreaker skill, to get hit by all the Mire tomes until the tomes break. The Renewal skill is ideal for that strategy, otherwise use a lot of staves or potions to heal up each turn. Place such a unit in the room that has a door on the upper and lower side of it and then another unit at the chokepoint, then continuously heal up and rally until most of the Mire tomes are broken. Then the left side of the map will be easier to deal with thanks to less Sorcerers wielding Mire.
Algol himself carries a Bolt Axe, which does damage based on the user's magic stat. His magic stat is unusual for a Berserker, but shouldn't be too hard since his Resistance is lacking and bringing a powerful mage unit can simply negate his attacks. On Hard, he'll carry a forged Bolt Axe with +4 Mt and +10 hit, while on Lunatic he'll carry a forged Bolt Axe with +8 Mt and +20 Hit, which can be difficult with all the Sorcerers with Mire and various skills including Tomebreaker if you try attacking him with a magic unit.
- After Algol gives the word for the men in hiding to come out, after the second turn a Sorcerer will spawn on the upper-leftmost staircase. On the next turn, another Sorcerer will spawn on the second upper-rightmost staircase, and vice-versa until all of them come out. On lunatic these Sorcerers appear in pairs, one on each side per turn.
- 4 various units will spawn from the four staircases to the left on turn 5. (On Lunatic mode, these units do not spawn)
- 4 various units will spawn from the four staircases to the right on turn 7. (On Lunatic mode, these units also spawn on turn 8)
- 4 various units will spawn from the four staircases to the left on turn 9. (On Lunatic mode, these units instead spawn on turn 6 and turn 9)
- 4 various units will spawn from the main room's Southwest and Southeast staircases on turn 8 for 3 turns.
The Sword or the Knee
|Five Gemstones||Next chapter:|
An Ill Presage