“Well... usually you're very clumsy, and so I've always been a bit protective of you. And... I guess I liked feeling that someone had to rely on me. But whenever you have a weapon in your hand, you're a totally different person. You're extremely impressive on the battlefield. You don't need me. And while I have some talents, I'm not a gifted fighter. Not like you. In battle, it's like you're the big sister, not me. I guess that confuses me.”
—Flora, in a conversation with Felicia.
Flora (フローラ Furōra) is a playable character in Fire Emblem Fates and an ally on the Conquest and Revelation routes.
Flora is the older twin sister of Felicia and a maid for the Nohr royal family, serving the Avatar. She is the eldest daughter of the Ice Tribe's chieftain, Kilma. Their father always treated Felicia more favorably due to her superior fighting ability, however, Flora was still expected to become the Ice Tribe's next leader. The player can recruit her in the My Castle once the Fire Orb reaches level 3 or after Chapter 19 of Conquest. In Revelation, the player can recruit her once the Ballista, Fire Orb, or Launcher reaches level 3 after Chapter 22.
Although she is the Avatar's servant, Flora and Felicia were actually kidnapped by King Garon as hostages to prevent the Ice Tribe from staging a rebellion against the Nohrian Kingdom. Flora was aware of this while Felicia was not. Forced into servitude for the Avatar, she eventually became accustomed to her role, becoming an exemplary maid. She also struck up friendships with the Avatar, their combat instructor Gunter, and Jakob, the Avatar's butler.
One day, as Flora and Felicia were tending to their daily duties as the Avatar's maids, they awaken them using their ice powers. Although the Avatar mulls over the dream they had, they are summoned by Xander for their final test. After the Avatar finally earns their right to leave the Northern Fortress, Flora stays behind and stays with either Jakob or Felicia depending on the Avatar's gender.
Unlike her younger, clumsy twin sister, Flora is a skilled maid and always perform her tasks in a timely, flawless manner. The male Avatar notes that she is particularly hard working, but keeps her mood calm at all times. If she ever has strong emotions, she tends to let her ice powers go wild to help "cool herself", though it usually results in a large blizzard in the vicinity of her. Underneath her capable and professional exterior, she is a deeply insecure and troubled individual, having grave self-esteem and anxiety issues, and does not value her own life. In her S-support with a male Avatar, as well as her A-support with Felicia, it's revealed that her self-esteem issues stem from her ineptitude at fighting, and that the reason why she tries so hard at being a capable maid is because it gives her confidence. When it appears the Avatar is dismissing her from her job, she has a mild breakdown and states that if she were to quit being a maid, her life would have no meaning.
Due to being the daughter of the tribe chief, and in contrast to Felicia, who gladly follows her heart, she is quite proud and responsible in adhering to whatever duties may fall on her shoulders, placing them above her own personal desires and emotions. Her Private Quarters dialogue, her support with the Female Avatar, and her boss conversation with Jakob all imply that she's long since given up on her own happiness. This can range from devoting herself wholly to serving the Avatar to the point of frequently exhausting herself, to fighting against close friends and family in order to protect her village.
Of their servants, she's the only character who is not devoted to their utmost to the Avatar. When Jakob tries to point out that she's renounced her vow of loyalty by betraying them in Conquest, Flora shoots back that she never swore loyalty to the Avatar in the first place, only being made to serve them due to being a prisoner. In Birthright, Flora lashes out at the Avatar during their battle dialogue, exclaiming that they do not even know her real self. After the Avatar proves how much they care for her when they go out of their way to avoid harming her and the other Ice tribe members in their battle, Flora is so touched she insists on retaking her vow of loyalty, and from then on truly devotes herself to the Avatar.
While Felicia looks up to her for her flawless maid skills, Flora is envious of Felicia for her stronger fighting skills. Flora feels that Felicia is stronger in character, as she is willing to always stay by the Avatar's side, refusing to back down to intimidation. In both Conquest and Revelation, out of fear for her own life and her people's safety, she decided to go against her former liege and sister so King Garon would not execute her and the Ice Tribe. While she lives in Revelation after this ordeal, in Birthright, feeling guilty for her mistaken choice, Flora takes her own life as a means to atonement.
She has the most powerful jealousy out of everyone in the army. Her birthday is February 19 same as her younger twin sister, Felicia.
As an EnemyEdit
Birthright Chapter 17 - Lost in the IceEdit
Conquest Chapter 8 - Cold ReceptionEdit
Revelation Chapter 12 - Frozen SeaEdit
◾ Note: Growth Rates are based on the character in their starting class
Max Stat Modifiers Edit
- See also: Flora/Supports
- The Avatar (Male)
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
*Flora has access to the Cavalier, Knight, Fighter, Outlaw, Wyvern Rider, Samurai, Apothecary, Ninja, Oni Savage, Spear Fighter, Shrine Maiden, Diviner, Sky Knight, or Archer class only if she marries an Avatar with that class as his secondary class.
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
Refer to Flora/Quotes.
Flora - Cold as Ice (氷のメイド Kōri no Meido lit. Maid of Ice)
- Flora returned to the village of the Ice Tribe, helping it regain its independence and prosperity. She eventually succeeded her father as village chief, but she never stopped visiting her sister.
- Flora and the Avatar (Conquest)
- Avatar was hailed as a hero, working alongside his spouse to spread peace worldwide. His wife, Flora, chose to follow him rather than return home. The two were always together.
- Flora and the Avatar (Revelation)
- The two spent the rest of their lives together, Avatar ruling as the wise King of Valla. His wife, Flora, chose to follow him rather than return home. The two were always together.
Flora is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
"Flora" is the latin term for flowers and is used in more modern times as any sort of plant life on Earth. Flora is also the name of the Roman Goddess of flowers and spring.
- Flora shares her English voice actress, Julie Ann Taylor, with Selena and Caeldori, as well as Awakening's Cordelia, and Linde and Nephenee in Heroes.
- Flora was voted the 8th most popular female character on Nintendo's official Fates character poll.
- Flora and Felicia's birthday is the same date that Fire Emblem Fates was released in North America.
- Flora's conversations with Jakob in both Birthright and Conquest when she faces him in battle indicates that she holds romantic feelings for him. Despite that, she does not have any support conversations with him.
- Flora is the only one of the Avatar's retainers whose personal skill only activates for herself.
- Flora and Fuga are the only playable characters who must be fought by the player in every route of Fates.
- All of Flora's attacks have a unique visual effect (ice in her case). She shares this trait with Felicia (also ice), Rinkah (fire), and Fuga (wind).
- Flora is the only retainer in Fire Emblem Fates that currently does not yet appear in Fire Emblem Heroes.