The Free Knight (フリーナイト Furii Naito) is a horse-mounted combat physical class that are exclusive to the Jugdral Series of Fire Emblem. Wielding Swords as their sole weapon of choice, Free Knights are similar to the Sword Knights of the Tellius Series, with the only difference lying in the fact that they promote into Rangers. This class is notable for being one of few dismountable units that wield the same weapon both on horseback and on foot.
History in the SeriesEdit
In its original inception in Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, the Free Knight is one of the mounted classes introduced that specializes in a specific weapon type. The Free Knight class specializes in Swords, promoting into Rangers when the necessary requirements are met.
The Free Knight is succeeded by the Sword Knight class, which appears much later in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. It acts as one of two classes that the classic Cavalier is split into, promoting into the Paladin class in Path of Radiance and the Blade Paladin class in Radiant Dawn.
|FE4||Re-Move||Hidden innate skill of all flying and mounted units.|
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class(es)|
|FE4||Free Knight||Choose the "Class Change" option in the Home Castle when the relevant unit reaches Level 20.||Ranger|
|FE5||Free Knight||Use a Knight Proof on a Level 10+ Free Knight.||Ranger|
Notable Free KnightsEdit
- Beowolf - A mercenary hailing from Conote alongside Voltz.
- Tristan - Older brother of Jeanne and the substitute character of Diarmuid.
- Diarmuid - Older brother of Nanna and the son of Lachesis.
- Fergus - A mercenary of mysterious origins.
- Ruby - A fledgling knight who trains to be like her father, Clifford.
- Arthur - A knight from Narvia who fights to feed his mother and brother.