Friege (フリージ, Furīji lit. Freege in the Japanese versions) is one of the six dukedoms of the Kingdom of Grannvale in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. It was founded by Thrud, the Mage Knight, and ruled by Reptor and Bloom (in the first and second generation respectively). The Mjölnir spell is passed down the Friege family, and most of the mages found in Friege are proficient with Thunder magic. Their knights squadron is known as Gelben Ritter and serve as Princess Ishtar's personal guard. During Thracia 776 and the 2nd generation of Genealogy of the Holy War, most of the royal family is in the Manster District controlling the Grannvalean occupational forces situated there.
Notable citizens of FriegeEdit
- Reptor - Duke of Friege in the first generation and Prime Minister of Grannvale.
- Bloom - Duke of Friege in the second generation, Reptor's eldest son.
- Tailtiu - Reptor's oldest daughter. A noblewoman who appears cheerful but is hiding her troubles.
- Ethnia - Reptor's youngest daughter.
- Ishtar - Princess of Friege, Bloom's daughter.
- Ishtore - Prince of Friege, Bloom's son, brother of Ishtar.
- Arthur - Tailtiu's son.
- Tine - Tailtiu's daughter.
- Amid - Ethnia's son.
- Linda - Ethnia's daughter.
- Reinhardt - The formidable and admired commander of the Gelben Ritter who is ever ready to lend an ear to his younger sister.
- Olwen - A mage knight in Friege's army whose ideals sometimes puts her in opposition with her beloved brother.
- Fred - Olwen's subordinate.
- Kempf - General of the Friege army, member of the Tordo nobility.
- Amalda - General of the Friege army.
- Largo - General of the Friege army.
- Barat - General of the Friege army.
- Ilios - Mage Knight who wishes to become a noble.