“Worry not, young prince/ss. Your power is beyond question, and your aim is true. No matter what path you walk or which kingdom you fight for... I am certain you will always make the right choice and use that blade for good.”
—Fuga, Conquest Chapter 20: Winds of Change
Fuga (フウガ Fūga) is a playable character in Fire Emblem Fates. He is only recruitable in the Revelation route.
The chieftain of Hoshido's Wind Tribe and best friend of the late King Sumeragi. He possesses a majesty unique to a veteran hero and his entire body exudes the presence of a stalwart warrior. He uses his opponent’s strength to determine their character and ability. In addition, he is Hayato's adoptive father: he was a close friend of Hayato's mother (whom he had feelings for, but never confessed them to her), and when she and her husband were murdered by Faceless, Fuga took their child in. He is the most loved by children. His birthday is January 8.
Fuga's philosophy is that innocence can be proven through one's conviction in battle. Fuga has devoted so much of his life to fighting that he questions if he spent his life well, wishing he had enjoyed life and started a family like Sumeragi. He wonders if he is so old he should retire, but the Avatar encourages him his wisdom is needed for their cause to be successful. Near the end of their supports he also shows some fatherly qualities towards the Avatar. He acts as a mentor towards Hayato, and a bit towards the Avatar, pushing them forward on their path of peace in Revelation.
|Master of Arms|
As an EnemyEdit
Birthright Chapter 8 - Fierce WindsEdit
Conquest Chapter 20 - Winds of ChangeEdit
- Note: Growth Rates are based on the character in their joining class
Max Stat Modifiers Edit
- See also: Fuga/Supports
- The Avatar (Female)
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
Base Class Set Edit
Fuga's standard overall growth rates are rather lackluster, with his highest growths being in HP, Strength and Luck; this means that he can be useful in triggering the few Luck-based skills that he has available to him. His personal skill, Wind Disciple, increases his Hit Rate and Avoid marginally when he has less than full HP; it can help in a pinch when Fuga is out of the range of a healer by helping him dodge enemy attacks and deal damage with weapons that have lower Hit chance.
He joins as a pre-promoted unit in Revelation relatively late into the game, starting as a Master of Arms from the Samurai class line; he starts with Duelist's Blow and Vantage. Duelist's Blow can aid Fuga by helping him deal with enemies with high Avoid, while Vantage is extremely useful, as if Fuga has less than half HP he will deal a considerable amount of damage to the enemy while also being able to take more hits due to his base Defense of 29. Also, he starts with the skill Seal Strength as he starts at Level 10; it can be useful by lessening the amount of damage enemies do to him, even if he doesn't hit back. Reclassing to Swordmaster can help to boost his Speed and Resistance while only marginally decreasing his Strength and Defense.
Refer to Fuga/Quotes
Fuga - Big Breeze (風の長 kazeno chou lit. Chief of Wind)
- Fuga returned to his role as chief of the Wind Tribe and lived a long and happy life. Some think that he may have been the most deadly fighter ever, but the true extent of his strength remains unknown.
- Avatar and Fuga
- The two spent the rest of their lives together, Avatar ruling as the wise Queen of Valla. Fuga resigned as Chief of the Wind Tribe to spend more time in Valla with his new wife.
Fuga is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
Fuga's name may come from Fūga (風牙), meaning "wind fang".
- Fuga shares his English voice actor, Imari Williams, with Benny.
- If the female Avatar marries Fuga, the resulting Kana would be Hayato's adoptive brother.
- Fuga was voted as the 35th most popular male character on Nintendo's official Fates character poll.
- Unlike other romance options, Fuga's hair color is not shown. However, should the Avatar marry Fuga, the hair color of Kana will be a chestnut brown.
- If Fuga has no weapon equipped and you look on his feet, a glitch will trigger and his legs will disappear.
- All of Fuga's attacks have a unique visual effect utilizing wind. He shares this trait with Flora and Felicia, whose attacks have an ice effect, and Rinkah, who has a fire effect.
- Fuga and Flora are the only playable characters who must be fought by the player in every route of Fates.