|This Class Article needs Stats adding!|
Halberdiers are promoted Soldiers in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. They wield lances and, contrary to Swordmasters and Berserkers, they do not have 15% bonus critical hit ratings in Path of Radiance, though in Radiant Dawn they gained a critical bonus. They promote like any other unit, as they have to reach level 21 or to use a Master Seal. Stat-wise, they have higher Speed and Skill than Generals, but at the cost of lower Defense. In Radiant Dawn they can promote into Sentinels.
Path of RadianceEdit
Fire Emblem: Path of RadianceEdit
- Devdan - a Halberdier who was employed by Oliver without pay because of injustice.
- Emil - boss in Chapter 6.
- Kotaff - boss in Chapter 9.
- Hafedd - boss in Chapter 27, part 1 - died for defending the Black Knight.
- Possible promotion for Nephenee
Fire Emblem: Radiant DawnEdit
- Nephenee - a playable Halberdier, from Ohma, Crimea.
- Danved - a playable Halberdier of mysterious origins.
- Jarod - the main antagonist of Part 1 1-9 and 1-Endgame
- Rommit - the boss of Chapter 3-1
- Roark - the boss of Chapter 3-9
- Possible Promotion for: Aran
- Real life historical Halberdiers were named after the weapon they wielded, the Halberd, which ironically the Halberdier class cannot wield.
- In FE9, Halberdiers are the first promoted enemy units/bosses to be fought.
- In FE10, Halberdiers are the second promoted enemy class to be fought (after Thunder Sage).
- The early Wyvern Knight class wears a similar helmet. Interestingly both are lance only classes with a unique skill.
- In the Japanese version of Path of Radiance, Swordmasters and Berserkers did not have critical bonuses, which might explain why Halberdiers also did not have a critical bonus in that game.