Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ninian: ......
- Hawkeye: You are...safe?
- Ninian: Yes, Lord Hawkeye. I... Thank you.
- Hawkeye: ...You look tired. I will ask Lord Eliwood to give you lighter duties...
- Ninian: No... I’m fine...
- Hawkeye: I see. Then I will go. Be careful.
- Ninian: Yes... Excuse me, Lord Hawkeye... Thank you for caring so much for...someone like me.
- Hawkeye: ...In the village, I have a daughter. You look like you could be...a friend of hers...
- Ninian: The village...?
- Hawkeye: Nabata village. My home.
- Ninian: Lord Hawkeye... You live in Nabata, don’t you?
- Hawkeye: Yes. Deep within the dunes, behind the desert wind...there lies our home, the village of dragons.
- Ninian: Village...of dragons?
- Hawkeye: Our village is protected by Athos... ...It is also called Utopia. Humans and dragons live together...in peace.
- Ninian: Humans and dragons? Is...that true? Does such a place really exist?
- Hawkeye: It does.
- Ninian: ...... I...traveled with Nils for a long time... But I had never heard of it...
- Hawkeye: The village of dragons...exists. There are humans there, and dragons. There is no fighting.
- Ninian: What... ...a wonderful place it must be. ......Dragons...living with people... ...I have dreamed of it...
- Hawkeye: ......
- Ninian: Lord Hawkeye.
- Hawkeye: ......
- Ninian: May I... Ask you something? I... Well...
- Hawkeye: I know. You need say nothing. I have heard it from my master...
- Ninian: From Lord Athos?
- Hawkeye: Listen. My master said this to me... Humans and dragons fight and fear one another... This has not changed for a thousand years. Most humans now have never seen a dragon, but the fear still remains, carried down over time...
- Ninian: Yes...
- Hawkeye: But humans can change. Humans live only a short time, but they can learn and feel much in that time. So they can change.
- Ninian: ......
- Hawkeye: Humans and dragons can understand one another. The day they will understand each other will come. I believed the master when he said so.
- Ninian: Yes... I...believe it, too.
- Hawkeye: ... ... ... Wuoooohhhhhhh!
- Pent: Listen! It is Hawkeye’s signal... The battle soon begins...
- Hawkeye: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
- Pent: I wonder how many men lost their lives after hearing the yell of this brute? Those who call him the mad beast warrior were fairly accurate...
- Pent: ...So. I wonder what forces Nergal has mustered. It chills me to the bone to think of it.
- Hawkeye: ...I...do not understand.
- Pent: What don’t you understand?
- Hawkeye: You people do not seek out battle... But when magic is involved, you become ravenous beasts. Why is that?
- Pent: Is that how we seem? Strange. But you are right, we do not seek out battle... Still... The concern over magic... It does drive people a bit mad. And the greater the power of that evil, the more it sucks into its maw.
- Hawkeye: ......
- Pent: Hawkeye, I am fine. I will not lose myself into that great dark force.
- Hawkeye: I believe you. But magic and knowledge have been the end of many men. And it could be the end of you... or me.
- Louise: Hawkeye! Wait for me...
- Hawkeye: Louise... Why are you out of breath?
- Louise: Well...I just saw you from far away...and...
- Hawkeye: ...And? What is it?
- Louise: I thought you could give this to Igrene...
- Hawkeye: This is... a fine bow.
- Louise: Isn’t it? I was rather taken with it. So I bought one for myself and one for Igrene... Look, they are a matched pair!
- Hawkeye: I thank you... My daughter will be pleased.
- Louise: It must be dull staying home. I would like her to have something nice. She is all alone, without her father... It must be lonely. You should return to her soon. She is still just a child.
- Hawkeye: She has...friends...in the village. She will be fine.
- Louise: Yes, but she only has one father... You mustn’t forget that!
- Hawkeye: ...I...will not.
- Hawkeye: ...Louise...take this. I give it to you freely.
- Louise: My, what a beautiful necklace! Surely this isn’t something you were wearing... Is it?
- Hawkeye: It belonged...to my wife.
- Louise: Why are you giving it to me?
- Hawkeye: If I die in battle, give it to my daughter. If you show it to her, she will understand what has happened, and there will be no need to speak.
- Louise: That is a rather sad promise for me to keep.
- Hawkeye: She will succeed me as guardian. The keep of the desert must be comfortable with solitude. The guardian must find peace in it. I know that my time draws near.
- Louise: ...Hawkeye...
- Hawkeye: But I have no regrets. I have served my master, married a wife, and fathered a child. I was also blessed with friends like you and Lord Pent. All that remains is to fulfill my destiny.
- Louise: But...return to the desert at least once first. Your destiny can be fulfilled some other time... But please... See Igrene once more... She needs you...