|This Class Article needs Stats adding!|
The reason given was: Needs FE1, Gaiden, FE5, FE6, FE9, FE10, FE12, and Awakening stats..
Heroes (勇士, known as Forrests in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Mercenaries in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, and Braves in the Japanese version of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) are usually the promoted version Mercenaries, though Axe Fighters sometimes promote to this class.
They usually wield Swords along with Axes. Stat-wise, they are usually described as half way between a General and a Swordmaster. They do not have as much defense as Generals, but are faster than them, and they do not have as much speed as Swordmasters, but have better defense. Heroes are typically set to be one of the "balanced" classes of the Fire Emblem series alongside the Soldier class. However, many characters that are/can become Heroes typically become very powerful units.
Heroes in Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi and Monshō no Nazo do not have the use of axes. However, it is important to note that the Weapon Triangle did not exist in these games.
In Fire Emblem Gaiden, Alm promotes from Fighter to Hero, and is able to use Bows in addition to Swords as soon as he changes classes. Gaiden's hero could be seen as the predecessor of the Blade Lord class.
The Forrest is essentially a renamed Hero class, and can only wield Swords. It's one of the advanced versions of the Sword Fighter class; Holyn, Radney, Roddlevan and Ulster can promote to this class upon reaching level 20. Forrests have Pursuit as a class skill.
The Mercenary class in this game, instead of being first-tier, is actually an advanced class of Axe Fighters and some Sword Fighters, being able to use both Axes and Swords. In the fan translation of the game, the Mercenary class is even renamed as Hero.
In this game, the Mercenary returns as a first-tier class which can be promoted to Heroes through the use of a Hero Crest or an Earth Seal. The Heroes of these games are stronger, although not as fast or skillful as the rival Swordmaster class. Heroes can use axes as well swords.
Greil's class is hero when he appears in the tutorial of Path of Radiance with weakened stats. A stronger version can be found in the game data used when he chases off Petrine. Ike's Lord class from Path of Radiance shares the same caps as the Hero class, but is unable to use axes. In the sequel, Radiant Dawn, Ike's second tier class becomes Hero, just like Greil in the previous game, but he still can't use axes until promotion.
Mercenaries can be promoted to Heroes using the Master Seal, and there are prepromoted Heroes. Some units can be reclassed to be a Hero as well.
In WiFi battles, Heroes are usually considered bad units. They lack a high speed cap, meaning they can be struck twice (four times if the opponent is using Brave weapons) without being able to retaliate in kind. Their low defense stat means they cannot survive being hit four times from a forged brave weapon and they have low movement.
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the EmblemEdit
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy WarEdit
Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi/Shadow DragonEdit
- Samson - An Altean gladiator and eventually Sheema's bodyguard in Monshō no Nazo.
- Astram - Midia's lover and loyal soldier of Akaneia.
- Promotion for: Ogma, Caesar, Radd, and Navarre (only in Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi)
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem/Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~Edit
- Promotion for Samto in Mystery of the Emblem only, otherwise same as above, with Navarre only promoting to a Hero in Mystery of the Emblem.
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy WarEdit
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776Edit
- Galzus - The prince of the fallen kingdom of Rivough and Mareeta's father.
- Ralph - A traveling mercenary
- Promotion for: Orsin, Halvan, and Machyua
Fire Emblem: Binding BladeEdit
- Ekhidna - A resistance leader from the Western Isles. Also a female Hero.
- Promotion for: Dieck and Ogier
Fire Emblem: Rekka no KenEdit
- Linus - Also known as the 'Mad Dog' of the Black Fang.
- Harken - A knight in service of House Pherae. Sole survivor of Lord Elbert's crew and Isadora's lover.
- Kaim - Guardian of the "Thunder Axe", Armads.
- Promotion for Raven
Fire Emblem: The Sacred StonesEdit
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Edit
Fire Emblem: Radiant DawnEdit
Fire Emblem: AwakeningEdit
- Flavia - The East Khan, and later Khan Regnant, of Ferox.
- Priam - Available via SpotPass, he wields Ragnell and claims to be a descendant of Ike.
- Possible promotion for Vaike, Gregor, Inigo and Severa.