“Please...it's all right. I understand why things had to be the way they were. Besides, I'm happier now than I have ever been. As a child, all I'd think about was when I might see you and Father next. But now I fight alongside you. I can contribute. I have purpose. So do not trouble yourself too much over me. I am content.”
—Hisame speaking to his mother
Hisame (ヒサメ) is a playable character in Fire Emblem Fates.
In his Paralogue, Hinata visits Hisame in his Deeprealm but is shocked to see that he does not greet him as usual. Hinata just shakes his head and says that Hisame is going through the "rebellious phase". Hisame, feeling that he can live just fine on his own, runs off. However, he accidentally runs through the portal out of his Deeprealm and winds up into the normal world. Suddenly, he is ambushed by Faceless and is surprised that his father has to deal with such creatures on a regular basis. Hinata follows Hisame and makes a timely rescue. Happy to see that his father rushed into the battlefield to save him, Hisame vows to fight by his side this time. Although he is adamant in following his own path, Hinata persuades him to join the army, which he accepts so that they could spend more time together. After the battle, he goes back to his Deeprealm to say farewell to his friends before returning to the army.
He becomes a retainer to Kiragi in the Heirs of Fate DLC, mirroring his father's relationship with Kiragi's father.
He has a serious and stubborn personality, while being careful about everything he does. His supports with Kiragi show that he is often concerned with his father's actions around Kiragi's father, believing that such actions are "deplorable".
As it turns out, Hinata's issues with women passed onto Hisame, just in a different way; Hinata is incredibly gullible with women, whereas Hisame often has difficulty talking with them.
Hisame enjoys pickles and makes them himself, which seems to be the basis for most of his support conversations. Additionally, his obsession of them goes to the extent that if anyone degrades pickles- as shown in his C Support with Selkie-he becomes rather defensive about it to the point he tries persuading the person to like them. In his B support with the avatar, it's revealed he has a love for pickles because his father hates them. His supports with Selkie show that he keeps a years' worth of pickled food in his tent.
It is revealed in Hisame's supports with his father that Hinata named his sword, Hisamaru, in honor of Hisame. In his supports with Velouria, it reveals that he is creeped out by bugs. Hisame also likes bonsai trees, as shown in his supports with Ophelia.
His birthday is September 27, and one who acts more like an elder.
Base Stats (Before Inheritance)Edit
Katana - C
As an EnemyEdit
Xenologue 18 - IV: Light's SacrificeEdit
Growth Rates Edit
These are Hisame's default growth rates, to get his actual growth rates, use the following formula: (Mother's growth rates + Hisame's growth rates) ÷ 2 + class growths.
Max Stat ModifiersEdit
- See also: Hisame/Supports
- The Avatar (Female) (Can also be his mother)
- Kana (Female)
- Velouria (Revelation only)
- Ophelia (Revelation only)
- Hisame's mother
- The Avatar (Male)
- Shigure (Can also be his brother)
- Percy (Revelation only)
- Kana (Male) - If Hisame is his father or brother
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
Parental Inheritance SetsEdit
- Inheritance from Father
|Parental Inheritance Sets|
|Possible Candidates||Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
- Inheritance from Mother
*Hisame will receive whatever secondary class that the Avatar has access to if he has achieved an S-Support with her
Refer to Hisame/Quotes.
Hisame - Pickle Pro (冷静沈着の侍 Calm Samurai)
- After the war, Hisame retired from combat and turned to research and teaching. Hinata was disappointed, but Hisame went on to become one of the most respected professors of his era.
- Hisame and Rhajat
- Hisame put down the sword and picked up a pen, becoming one of the world's foremost scholars. Scholars note Rhajat's incredible devotion to her beloved--the two were rarely seen apart in public.
- Hisame and Caeldori
- Hisame put down the sword and picked up a pen, becoming one of the world's foremost scholars. Caeldori helped by resolving many disputes with her natural talents and was adored by all.
- Hisame and Ophelia
- Hisame put down the sword and picked up a pen, becoming one of the world's foremost scholars. Scholars say Ophelia continued to research spells and hexes all her life. She also named them.
Hisame is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
Hisame (氷雨) means Chilly Rain or Hail.
- Hisame shares his Japanese voice actor, Mitsuhiro Ichiki, with his father, Hinata, and also with Donnel from Awakening.
- Hisame was voted the 27th most popular male on Nintendo's official Fates character poll.
- According to the Making of Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Book Hisame was planned to be Hinata’s younger twin brother. They scrapped the idea because there would have been too many 1st generation swordmasters.