“If we can live together with Dragons, there should be no reason why the outsiders can't...”
—Igrene in a support conversation with Sophia.
Igrene (イグレーヌ Igurēnu) is a playable character from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. She is an inhabitant of Arcadia who is known as the Guardian of Nabata Desert among the villagers. She is also the daughter of Hawkeye from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.
Igrene has an estranged husband, who was a thief named Gorlois, now a spy in service to House Ostia. It is revealed in a support conversation with Fae that Igrene had a daughter who has since died from unknown causes. When prodded by Fae to reveal more information, it is suggested that she is still deeply pained about her daughter's death, but seems to be holding back her emotions. In her support conversations with Saul, it is mentioned that Igrene used to believe in a god, but lost her faith after the death of a loved one.
Bow - B
- See also: Igrene/Supports
With great starting stats, Igrene is a decent prepromote in the game, and actually can hold her weight through to the end of the game. Her growth rates are very low, and will almost always be inferior to Dorothy. However, (putting aside Hard Mode), she's generally better than Klein, except for her Luck, which is the worst out of all 4 snipers. Her HP is less than a Angelic Robe's worth of HP lower than what Wolt and Dorothy could achieve.
She also tends to be a better Sniper than Klein; both join as Level 1 Snipers, but all of Igrene's starting stats (except luck) are at least 3 points higher than Klein's. He has better growths, but will still almost always not be able to compare to Igrene unless he receives hard mode bonuses.
Igrene - Guardian of Nabata (ナバタの守護神 Nabata no Shugōshin lit. Guardian God of Nabata)
- After saying that she would return to Nabata, Igrene disappeared. There are records of people seeing her in various places around the continent, but no one knows where or how she led the rest of her life.
- According to a Japanese gaming news website, Igrene landed 52nd place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- Igrene had character data as an Archer in the prototype version of The Blazing Blade. In the retail version, only her name remains.
- In the beta version of The Binding Blade, Igrene was meant to have dragon blood.