“If we can live together with Dragons, there should be no reason why the outsiders can't...”
—Igrene in a support conversation with Sophia.
Igrene (イグレーヌ Igurēnu) is a playable character from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. She is an inhabitant of Arcadia who is known as the Guardian of Nabata Desert among the villagers. She is also the daughter of Hawkeye from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.
Igrene has an estranged husband, who was a thief named Gorlois, now a spy in service to House Ostia. It is revealed in a support conversation with Fae that Igrene had a daughter who has since died from unknown causes. When prodded by Fae to reveal more information, it is suggested that she is still deeply pained about her daughter's death, but seems to be holding back her emotions. In her support conversations with Saul, it is mentioned that Igrene used to believe in a god, but lost her faith after the death of a loved one.
Bow - B
- See also: Igrene/Supports
Igrene joins near the Ilia/Sacae route split, and is a decent Sniper. Her bases are high for her join time, barring HP, even on Hard Mode. Unfortunately, she only has B-rank bows, which does make her have to grind for weapon experience if Silver Bow use is desired. She does suffer from being a non-mounted unit. She is one of the best users of the Brave Bow, as she possesses a good base Strength, and the speed loss of the Brave Bow is mitigated by the Brave Bow's effect. Her main issue is being just a Sniper. Snipers lack 1 range, which leaves her with little enemy phase action most of the time, as well as being foot locked. Rescue dropping her ahead is a good idea, should using Igrene be desired.
Overall, Igrene is a good pre-promoted Sniper offensively, but do not be too reckless with her, as she is a bit fragile.
Igrene - Guardian of Nabata (ナバタの守護神 Nabata no Shugōshin lit. Guardian God of Nabata)
- After saying that she would return to Nabata, Igrene disappeared. There are records of people seeing her in various places around the continent, but no one knows where or how she led the rest of her life.
Igrene is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
- According to a Japanese gaming news website, Igrene landed 52nd place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- Igrene had character data as an Archer in the prototype version of The Blazing Blade. In the retail version, only her name remains.
- In the beta version of The Binding Blade, Igrene was meant to have dragon blood.