|Need an Image!|
|This article is in need of an image. Remove this template when an image has been added. If you are unsure whether or not an image is appropriate, please discuss it on the Talk Page.|
The script for this chapter can be found here.
- Fortify (from Pheros)
- Mend (from Valkyrie in the south-west)
- Chest Key (from Hero in the west)
- Hammer (from War Monk in the center)
- Concoction (from War Monk in the south-east)
- Killer Bow (from Sniper in the north-east)
- Boots (westernmost chest)
- Seraph Robe (2nd westernmost chest)
- Master Seal (upper north-east chest)
- Bullion (L) (bottom north-east chest)
|The following part of this article contains strategy; therefore, it is subjective, and may not work for everyone.|
In this chapter, your units start off in small groups of three outside the entrance of Fort Steiger. It is recommended that you bring along a unit or two with the Locktouch ability, noting the various treasures obtainable and the doors you can open, allowing for easier regrouping inside. This is especially true because this level has the only pair of Boots in the game outside of Renown points.There are two ways you can go through this chapter, either defeating Pheros as fast as possible and ending early, or ransacking the entire fortress and defeating all of the enemies.
Players can choose between three entrances, but it is best to spearhead the middle if your units are not strong enough, as the left and right sides contain some moderately powerful units. However, if you can easily beat the units at the sides, spearhead the right side as a Thief will try to get the treasure at the same time.
After Say'ri informs the player of movement downstairs, if your units are not strong enough or you didn't take that much, block the four staircases on the right, as the allies will turn into enemies, and moving your units on the staircases will prevent the units from coming, similar to blocking a Fort. Once you have looted all the treasure from the fort, kill Pheros to finish the chapter.
Hard Mode (enemies spawn at the beginning of the enemy turn).
- Turn 5 (Say'ri informs the player about movement below the fortres, the third enemy next turn will result in
- Turn 8 (four "allied" units come out from the staircases to the right. Excellus will appear and the four "allies" will turn into enemies) (clockwise, starting in the upper left staircase).
- Turn 9 (from the staircases in the west and in the center)
- Turn 10 (from the center staircases)
- Turn 11 (from the western staircases)
- Turn 12 (from the eastern staircases)
- Turn 13 (from the staircases in the west and in the center)
- There is a unique conversation, during which Excellus will speak with Pheros, while she will be less than pleased with him. This conversation can only be seen if the player blocks all staircases on the turn when reinforcements are supposed to arrive.
- When Basilio attacks Walhart, both characters land criticals in round two, even though the game screen says that their Critical Hit % are both 0.