Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Chrom: Where are we now? These ruins look like they've been "ruined" for ages...
- Mus: VISITORS FROM ANOTHER WORLD...
- Bovis: DO YOU SEEK OUR TREASURES?
- Tigris: IS THAT WHY YOU HAVE COME?
- Chrom: Who are you?
- Lepus: WE ARE THE DEADLORDS.
- Draco: WE ARE THE BODIES OF FALLEN WARRIORS GIVEN PURPOSE.
- Anguilla: WE ARE MADE TO GUARD THE TREASURES WITHIN THESE RUINS.
- Chrom: Fallen warriors, eh? You seem healthy to me. Powerful, even.
- Equus: IN OUR FINAL HOUR, THE HOUR THAT CHANGED OUR WORLD...
- Ovis: WE FOUGHT, AND PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE.
- Simia: NOW THESE FORMS ARE THE ONLY TESTAMENT TO OUR SACRIFICE.
- Chrom: A sad tale, indeed... Do you have names?
- Mus: I AM MUS.
- Bovis: I AM BOVIS.
- Tigris: I AM TIGRIS.
- Lepus: I AM LEPUS.
- Draco: I AM DRACO.
- Anguilla: I AM—
- Chrom: Okay, okay! I got the idea! You all have names. That's... just grand.
- Gallus: WE, THE THIRTY-SIX, STAND GUARD TO GREAT TREASURES.
- Canis: THREE PATHS LEAD TO YOUR REWARD: LEFT, RIGHT, AND CENTRE.
- Porcus: IF POWER, WISDOM, AND LUCK ARE YOUR ALLIES... SUMMON THEM NOW!
“You said you gave your lives in a battle on which the future hung in the balance. Then you should understand why I have to defeat you here... I'm sorry, friend, but I can ill afford to share your fate!”
—Chrom's pre-battle quote.
“The Deadlords possess skills as we do. They are dangerous foes. I'll need to exercise caution when directing the others. Not even the finest of treasures is worth getting a comrade killed...”
—The Avatar's pre-battle quote.
“You may look tough, but... Yeah, okay. You probably ARE tough. But I've faced deader things than you and survived! Now cough up the treasure, chumps! My brother needs it!”
—Lissa's pre-battle quote.
“I sense it will take more than our usual tactics to defeat these Deadlords. I ought to learn what I can and report back to Avatar. But first—a sample of what our adversaries can do!”
—Frederick's pre-battle quote.
“I bet these Deadlords were good friends in their former life. Hell, why else would they take turns introducing themselves? Looks like it's one tightly knit team versus another. Works for me.”
—Sully's pre-battle quote.
“I haven't seen a glare that icy since I called Cherche's cooking plebeian. The situation begs a graceful retreat, but the moment I turn my back... *Sigh* How unfair it is to battle to the death with one already dead...”
—Virion's pre-battle quote.
“They look tough. I guess folks don't call them lords for nothing... Just thinking about this battle is giving me stomach pains! ...Or wait. Maybe I'm just hungry.”
—Stahl's pre-battle quote.
“Hey! Deadlord! You don't look so dead to me! Maybe you need Teach to give ya a few pointers? Don't worry, you'll be dead like a pro in no time! Har har!”
—Vaike's pre-battle quote.
“A corpse turned lord, is it? Fascinating. Who fashioned you from what, and why? Does your mind still function as it did in life? Are your memories intact? Perhaps the greatest treasure is the knowledge I may yet wrest from you...”
—Miriel's pre-battle quote.
“Were you really brought back from a c-corpse? It must be awful having to fight the same battle for all eternity. I wish I could save you from this Outrealm prison... but I'm no savior...”
—Sumia's pre-battle quote.
“How can someone so dead be so imposing? I'm the one people treat like a ghost, after all. Hmm. If I defeat you, do you think folks might finally notice me?”
—Kellam's pre-battle quote.
“If these fellers are any indication, the Outrealms are one scary place! But I can't let fear whip me. Not if I'm gonna get any stronger. I may not go down a winner, but I reckon I'll go down fighting!”
—Donnel's pre-battle quote.
“I'd rather not take my blade to one who has already paid the price in blood. But since you seek the same price from me, I must set that ideal aside.”
—Lon'qu's pre-battle quote.
“Yikes! These things are out for blood. Are there really thirty-six of them? Gods, what if they're trying to make me one of them?! What if... Okay, pull it together, Ricken. Time to man up and claim that treasure!”
—Ricken's pre-battle quote.
“Oh, you have a fancy name and a nice round number at your disposal... But all I see are a pack of hounds made to guard their master's treasure! ...Hmm? Why are your eyes glowing like that, darling? Was it something I said?”
—Maribelle's pre-battle quote.
“This can't be any ordinary treasure if they've posted thirty-six guards. Mmm... Maybe it's a muffin with a gold leaf on top. Or wait! A cake studded with rainbow jewels! ...EDIBLE rainbow jewels! Oh, gods, let me at it!”
—Gaius' pre-battle quote.
“We all long to be with the loved ones we have lost. This is natural. But these is nothing natural about realizing such a wish! Begone, dead-spawn. I will put you in the ground where you belong.”
—Panne's pre-battle quote.
“Are these warriors really the dead given life again? Then could my friends, my family, the pegasus knights... No, such thoughts are folly. The dead deserve to rest in peace.”
—Cordelia's pre-battle quotes.
“Is that big, legendary weapon, or are you just glad to see Gregor? ...Is joke, yes? Very funny! Gregor learn in cabaret. But sadly, Gregor in middle of very serious quest. No more time for japes.”
—Gregor's pre-battle quote.
“You know, you don't look very dead. The other corpses must be jealous! But don't you ever get tired of pretending to be alive? Hey, I know! Why don't we play together? I'll tucker you right out!”
—Nowi's pre-battle quote.
“Reanimating the dead is an abomination in the eyes of the gods. You deserved eternal repose, but I cannot return that to you. However, I pray that I will give you what brief sleep I can.”
—Libra's pre-battle quote.
“You must be so bored with standing around guarding a pile of treasure. Dead or alive, I couldn't stand the lack of company. No one to torment! If it's any consolation, I can help you kill time. ...Before I kill you, of course.”
—Tharja's pre-battle quote.
“Now's THAT'S what I call a weapon! It belongs in a museum! ...Or better yet, on the top shelf of a fine establishment like my own. Once I've beaten you, maybe I could take it off your hands...?”
—Anna's pre-battle quote.
“In some ways, killing the dead almost feels worse than killing the living. But if it's me or them... I'm so sorry. I know you've already suffered. I'll try to make it quick.”
—Olivia's pre-battle quote.
“Look at you! Aren't you a darling? Shall we be friends, you and I? ...Hmm. I suppose you've nothing but cold looks for would-be plunderers. Such a waste. You're the first Risen I've met with any real personality.”
—Cherche's pre-battle quote.
“Dang! That's quite a nasty curse someone put on you. So if I strike you down, you'll come back as strong as before? Sounds like an eternity of agony... Where do I sign up?”
—Henry's pre-battle quote.
“'Tis a cruel thing to wake the dead from their rest and bid them to fight again. Had your creators no regard for your honor? For your families? I bear you no ill will. I shall grant you your freedom...”
—Say'ri's pre-battle quote.
“I... know you. That grisly guise you wear is not enough to blind me. You died to protect something. Will you now destroy it? Then know I will stop you—to honor your last wish and defend the children.”
—Tiki's pre-battle quote.
“Why didn't anyone tell me about this place sooner? I could dominate the arena with soldiers of your caliber! Too bad you're dead. Now the only help I'll get from you is experience.”
— Basilio's pre-battle quote.
“You don't carry yourselves like lowly footsoldiers. I'll grant you that. In your living days, you must have been warriors of great renown. ...Good. There's still hope of me working up a sweat.”
—Flavia's pre-battle quote.
“One of you Deadlords has the Brand. I saw it. Was he of the exalted bloodline, then? I should very much like to face him. If he's at all like my father, then he must be a warrior worth my time.”
—Lucina's pre-battle quote.
“I noticed you've inscribed names on your weapons—very dignified. What's that marking there? Ooh! A diphthong? An interrobang? Come, enemy of mine! Let us trade blows and lofty naming secrets!”
—Owain's pre-battle quote.
“Yours must have been a costly fight. Was the world better for it? ...Strange. When I look at you, I find myself thinking of my parents. Was it because they fought and died for the world as well?”
—Inigo's pre-battle quote.
“I saw the mess outside. All ruins and no people, yeah? What kinda hell has this world been through? Damn your eyes! I don't like how much this reminds me of home!”
—Brady's pre-battle quote.
“Something about this place kills my will to fight. They are more than worthy of my steel, so why, then? Could I actually be... afraid to fight? Perhaps I need to defeat them and forge my courage anew!”
—Kjelle's pre-battle quote.
“I'm sorry, have we met? In the future, maybe? ...Er, my future? You just seem so darn familiar... Oh well! It's probably my subconscious concocting a heroic backstory.”
—Cynthia's pre-battle quote.
“Why do you keep staring at me like that? Huh? W-wait, are you... crying? But you're a Risen! Well, you won't move me to tears! I won't be deceived!”
—Severa's pre-battle quote.
“Tight formation, good teamwork... No wonder your treasure is unclaimed. You Deadlords have a fine tactician among you, but not good enough. My mother/father is the better tactical mind! I'm sure of it!”
—Morgan's pre-battle quote.
“Why does Minerva cry out in your presence, fiends? Have you put some spell upon her? The last time I heard her screech so sadly was when my parents fell...”
—Gerome's pre-battle quote.
“Is one of you a taguel? I sense a presence not unlike my mother's... B-but no. That's not possible. I suppose it's just a relief to see someone beat extinction for a change.”
—Yarne's pre-battle quote.
“I will not lie. I find you riveting. They never found my mother's body after she died, you know? Could she have ended up like you? ...Gods forbid she be among you.”
—Laurent's pre-battle quote.
“These foes are as scary as my mother was in her lifetime... It's hard to imagine ANYONE could match her levels of terror... Brrr! I can't even think about it.”
—Noire's pre-battle quote.
“This is all wrong. It has been since we got here. These lords want us dead, but they do not bear the scent of enemies. What have you done to my dragonkin sense of smell? I must know!”
—Nah's pre-battle quote.
“"Deadlords," was it? You lost me at "dead." Bwah ha ha ha! Where do you get off feigning power when you all met with some miserable defeat? To me, you're only good at one thing—and you're about to do it again!”
—Gangrel's pre-battle quote.
“I, too, felt dead when my current comrades ended my cause... But I did not wallow in that defeat. I found a new path. I could have been like you, but I am not. If I die, it will not be standing still!”
—Walhart's pre-battle quote.
“Created from... corpses... fallen warriors... Separated... from what... you once were... Perhaps... we are similar... in a way...”
—Emmeryn's pre-battle quote.
“Wherefore do you continue this fight? Will you press on, undying and unremembered, so long as fate bids it? Yes, 'tis a sad fate, the one we share. But for you, I shall end it.”
—Yen'fay's pre-battle quote.
“What a coincidence—I once commanded twelve Deadlords of my own. Some of them your namesakes... Though from different corpses, no doubt... *Sigh* Ah, memories... Well, enough of that—I'll still destroy you all the same!”
—Aversa's pre-battle quote.
“Thirty-six generals, and every last one a menace. One slipup will cost me my life, or perhaps more... Excellent! This is one Outrealm well worth the journey!”
—Priam's pre-battle quote.
- Mus: IMPRESSIVE, VISITORS FROM ANOTHER WORLD. MOST IMPRESSIVE.
- Bovis: IT HONORS US TO TRADE BLOWS WITH SUCH MIGHTY WARRIORS.
- Tigris: WE, THE THIRTY-SIX, WILL PAY YOU HOMAGE, ONE BY ONE, STARTING WI—
- Chrom: No! ...I mean, that won't be necessary. ...At all. Ever. We need to get back to our own world and finish our struggle there.
- Lepus: A NOBLE CAUSE, NO DOUBT.
- Draco: BUT A PITY, ALL THE SAME.
- Anguilla: WILL YOU RETURN TO VISIT US AGAIN?
- Chrom: Er, why? ...Do you want us to? You're not... lonely or something, are you?
- Equus: WE ARE THE DEADLORDS. WE DO NOT SUCCUMB TO MORTAL EMOTION.
- Ovis: BUT FROM A GOOD BATTLE, WE MIGHT DERIVE A BIT OF MORTAL PLEASURE.
- Simia: IF YOU SEE MORE TREASURES, YOU MAY ALWAYS FIND US HERE.
- Chrom: Thank you for the invitation... May we meet again.
- Gallus: MAY WE, INDEED.
- Canis: WE, THE THIRTY-SIX DEADLORDS, WILL WAIT.
- Porcus: WE WILL WAIT... FOREVER.
- Chrom: (Okay, Avatar, let's get out of here before they start talking a—)
- Mus: IT OCCURRED TO US THAT WE FAILED TO GIVE YOU ONE LAST REWARD.
- Chrom: *Ahem* Right. Yes, of course. ...What is it?
- Mus: THIS CARD HOUSES AN EINHERJAR—AN OLD SOUL, AT THAT.
- Lepus: ELDIGAN THE LIONHEART WAS ONE OF THE STRONGEST OF HIS TIME.
- Draco: NOW HIS POWER IS YOURS.
- Chrom: Thank you. He is in good hands.
- Anguilla: DID YOU ENJOY YOUR REWARD? THEN YOU MUST VISIT US AGAIN.
- Equus: ...YOU WILL COME AND VISIT US AGAIN, WON'T YOU?
Recruiting Eldigan Edit
- Textbox: Recruit Eldigan?
- Eldigan: [If 'Yes' is chosen] I swear to serve you well.
Receiving the Silver CardEdit
Note: This dialogue will only occur upon the first completion of this map.
- Chrom: Phew... I was starting to think we might never get out of there...
- Equus: WE ALMOST FORGOT THAT WE HAVE ANOTHER GIFT FOR YOU.
- Chrom: Oh for the gods' sake... Seriously?
- Ovis: IN HONOR OF YOUR VICTORY, TAKE THIS SILVER CARD.
- Chrom: What does it do?
- Simia: THE SILVER CARD ALLOWS YOU BUY FROM SHOPS AT LOWER PRICES.
- Gallus: THAT IS CORRECT. THE SAME QUALITY ITEMS AT NEW LOW, LOW PRICES.
- Canis: SUCH MATERIAL GOODS ARE OF NO CONCERN TO US.
- Porcus: CONSIDER IT A PACT—A PROMISE THAT YOU WILL RETURN HERE AGAIN.
- Chrom: Right. Got it. Thanks. Sheesh... These guys really don't get out much, do they?