Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Paralogue 19: Irreconcilable PathsEdit
- Chrom: ...Risen. And lots of them.
- Lucina: Be careful. I feel a dark power emanating from them. Darker than usual. They resemble the monsters that drove us to the brink of extinction in my future...
- Chrom: I feel it, too. They seem stronger than any we've faced before.
- Lucina: Perhaps we needn't fight this battle. We're miles from the nearest village... These Risen may never threaten anyone.
- Chrom: They aren't the only power at work here. There's something else... Something strong.
- Walhart: Useless husks! Do you bend the knee to me already? Pah! I've no use for blind obedience. I need you to face me! I was driven off the path to conquest, and only blood will see me returned to it. Only HIS blood!
- Chrom: Walhart! You survived?!
- Walhart: My heart beats no more... But the flame of life within me refuses to gutter out. This marks the third and final time our blades will cross!
- Chrom: The war has ended, Walhart! We've no reason left to fight.
- Walhart: We have EVERY reason! A conqueror rules by strength alone. Defeat is death, and I must rise again!
- Chrom: That's utter nonsense! The fell dragon is reborn and plans to destroy this world! If you're really so dead set on battle, then fight at my side!
- Walhart: Such arrogance. This world is mine! I'll suffer no one to harm what is mine, be they man, dragon, or otherwise.
- Chrom: Then let's strike him down together.
- Walhart: Words will not divert my course. Only steel! If you would claim me, draw your blade and make it so!
- Chrom: *Sigh* Fine! We can fight again... But when I defeat you THIS time, you WILL join my cause!
- Walhart: In this land, I have crushed a multitude of Risen and made them my own. You snuffed my dreams of conquest... I dare you now to snuff the spark of life within my breast! (with any other unit)
- Walhart: Ngh... Then the exalt-to-be is...the conqueror in true... (upon defeat)
If Chrom fought WalhartEdit
- Walhart: ......
- Chrom: You gave your word, Walhart. Now fight with us.
- Walhart: First I must know how you defeated me. I have never lacked for strength.
- Chrom: ...But you stand alone. My own strength is but a fraction of the strength I wield. My allies hone and temper me. They boost my morale and guide my actions.
- Walhart: You tread the path of kings.
- Chrom: What?
- Walhart: You rule by winning hearts. ...I rule by winning battles. We are opposites, you and I. I cannot change. I tread the path of the conqueror, and conquerors walk alone. However, I am curious to see just how far your kingly path can lead you...
- Frederick: The wounded have been treated and the horses loaded. We should hurry on, milord.
- Chrom: The path of the conqueror...
- Frederick: Milord?
- Chrom: Sorry. Just thinking out loud. You know, honestly I'm a bit jealous of Walhart. He stands for strength above all things. He has no regrets, no doubts. He's a juggernaut that charges forward and mows down whatever gets in his way. I'm...not like that. My steps are often plagued with question and worry.
- Frederick: Perhaps such emotions are part and parcel of your path, milord. Not obstacles to it.
- Chrom: How do you mean?
- Frederick: The doubtless man's path is straight, but not always true. A juggernaut does not pause to correct trajectory. It merely presses on. But by stopping, doubting, and occasionally doubling back, you keep a truer course. I could not serve a conqueror, milord. And I pray you not think prudence a flaw.
- Chrom: ...Thank you, Frederick.
- Frederick: Not at all, milord. Shall we, then?
- Chrom: Of course. Forward! ...For now.