- Jesse: Hey there, Saber.
- Saber: You need something, Jesse?
- Jesse: Nah. Just always wanted the chance to have a chat with the legendary Saber. I've heard the tales of your sellsword derring-do at all the taverns!
- Saber: Heh. I bet those tales ain't very flattering.
- Jesse: Oh yeah. They're really terrible... Ha! I'm just kidding! They DO say you're a shady character... but also damned good in a fight... And a few of 'em are about all the women you've left in your wake.
- Saber: Oof. That's a scary thought...
- Jesse: Hey again, Saber. So have you thought about what you're gonna do once this job's over?
- Saber: 'Course I have. I'll just pick up and go looking for the next one.
- Jesse: Yeah? Mmm, seems like kind of a waste if you ask me. Celica's the type who'd find you a good post once she's in charge, you know?
- Saber: Do I seem like some kinda royal-court kiss-up to you?! I just hope she don't make the world TOO peaceful and put me outta work.
- Jesse: Huh. That's, uh... quite a thing to hope for...
- Jesse: So, I've been thinking, Saber.
- Saber: That's dangerous.
- Jesse: Yeah. But anyway, what do you think of a country made up of mercs like us?
- Saber: Huh? What's that even mean?
- Jesse: Just what it sounds like! A country made for folks like us, free from Zofia and Rigel both. No nobles! No commoners! Just a place where anyone can live free. And when somebody asks for our help, we go help 'em! ...For a fee, of course.
- Saber: You're a real dreamer, you know that, right? Though I gotta say, the idea ain't half bad.
- Jesse: Right? Hey, every dream's gotta start somewhere! Ha ha ha!
C support Edit
- Jesse: Oh, hey! It's Deen, right?
- Deen: What do you want?
- Jesse: Nothin' much. Just thought I'd say hey, see what your deal is... Say, doesn't your face get tired from scowling all the time?
- Deen: Did you have a point? Because if not, we're finished here.
- Jesse: Wow, okay. Nice talking to you, too...
B support Edit
- Jesse: Heeeey! Look who it is again!
- Deen: Ugh.
- Jesse: Look, you could at least pretend like you enjoy our little chats. C'mon! Tell me something about yourself! It won't kill you.
- Deen: I don't talk about myself in front of annoying strangers. ...It's a policy.
- Jesse: Ooooh, I see. So you don't want to talk about your past, huh? Listen, I get it. Everybody's got a few painful memories these days.
- Deen: ......
A support Edit
- Deen: Hey.
- Jesse: Wait, what? Are YOU actually striking up a conversation with ME?
- Deen: I have a proposal. A trade, actually. You give me your history, and I'll give you mine.
- Jesse: Oh man, that's never gonna work. My history is preeeetty boring. It wouldn't be a fair trade at all.
- Deen: Let me be the judge of that.
- Jesse: Look, at the very least, no one's died on me. And I haven't murdered anyone.
- Deen: ......
- Jesse: Uh oh. Did I hit a sore spot there? That's rough, man. Another person's life is a heavy weight to bear. To be honest, the reason it's not a deal for me is because I ran away from it.
- Deen: A man can't run forever. You seem like the sort who'll eventually have to deal with his own burdens.
- Jesse: Woof, bite your tongue! That's a scary thought.
- Deen: Heh...