Jugdral (ユグドラル Yugudoraru; adjective Jugdrali) is the continent on which Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 take place. Supposedly situated in the same world as Archanea/Ylisse and Valentia/Valm, its position is unclear. Several nations that occupy the continent were mostly founded by the Twelve Crusaders.
At a time in when Archanea was still becoming a civilization, Jugdral already housed an advanced human population. The Kingdom of Gran, later a republic, enjoyed four hundred years of peaceful and prosperous existence, until its destruction in 447 with the rise of the Loptyrian Empire, a brutal regime controlled by the Earth Dragon Loptous through possession of its rulers, the lineage of Emperor Galle. For nearly two hundred years, the Loptyrian Empire held a violent, oppressive hold on the land until, sixteen years after the turning point that was the Miracle of Darna, Galle XVII was slain by the dragon-blessed Twelve Crusaders.
With the Loptyr Empire's fall, the Crusaders gave rise to numerous new nations across Jugdral. After a little over a century of peace came a period of unrest and upheaval, starting with a war between Grannvale and Isaach over reports of an attack on Darna Fortress in 757, and culminating with the conquest of much of Jugdral by Grannvale's forces and the rise of Emperor Arvis by 761. Despite Arvis' best intentions, his son Julius - inadvertent inheritor of the lineage of Loptyr - perverted Grannvale into a tyrannical force and an effective second coming of the Empire. Even as the return of Loptyr's control to Jugdral seemed absolute, a revolution occurred in 777 under the leadership of Seliph, the rightful heir to Grannvale's throne, which resulted in the defeat of Julius and the fall of Grannvale's control over Jugdral.
- 001: The Kingdom of Gran was formed to the west of the Jun River
- 230: Gran becomes a republic
- 310: Time of prosperity
- 440: The Dark God enters the Great Bishop Galle. Formation of the Loptyrian Cult
- 447: The Twelve Demon Generals destroy Gran
- 448: Bishop Galle becomes Emperor of the Loptyrian Empire
- 449: The Great Purge - A hundred thousand people killed
- 452: Sorrow of Miletos - Numerous children sacrificed to the Dark God
- 453: Massacre of Edda - Tens of thousands of people killed
- 535: Maera of the Imperial family begins a rebellion
- 611: Liberation forms from fighters across the continent
- 632: Miracle of Darna - The gods descend and grant power to twelve fighters. Birth of the Twelve Crusaders
- 633: Start of the Holy War
- 648: Fall of the Loptyrian Empire. The Twelve Crusaders form seven dukedoms of Grannvale and five separate kingdoms
- 649: Formation of the Kingdom of Grannvale
- 757: Grannvaleian Army's expedition to Isaach
Named after the ancient Kingdom of yore, Grannvale was founded by the Crusader Heim and is situated in the center of Jugdral, along with a collective of six duchies in subservience to the royal family at Belhalla, founded by the Crusaders Baldr, Neir, Ulir, Thrud, Fjalar and Bragi.
Founded by the Crusader Hezul, Agustria is comprised of a collective of noble houses in servitude to the royal family. However, Hezul's Holy Blood is carried not by the royal family, but by House Nordion.
The most northern region of Jugdral, Silesse was founded by the Crusader Sety. Blanketed in snow for much of the year, its terrain made it resistant to invasion for much of its history, resulting in its culture of neutrality among the other nations.
A nation occupying the southern half of the Thracian Peninsula, Thracia has the vast majority of its land dominated by mountains and very little suited for farming, thus the nation has historically survived through hiring out its famed Wyvern Riders as mercenaries.
The territory occupying the northern half of the Thracian Peninsula, the Manster District is a coalition of four small allied kingdoms in addition to a small number of free cities. Holding great swaths of lush and fertile land, the District's territory has repelled many attempts of conquest by Thracia.
Though founded at the same time as the other nations, Verdane is one of the few not to have been founded by a Crusader and thus not possessing a holy lineage. The nation's regular belligerent incursions into the territory of neighboring Grannvale earned it a reputation as a "barbarian kingdom".
Not possessing Crusader lineage as well, the Republic of Miletos is a prominent trade hub, and as a result, is among the wealthiest, prosperous and most prominent centers of Jugdrali commerce.
Jugdral is derived from Yggdrassil, the world tree in Norse mythology.
- While most continents in the Fire Emblem series appear to be monotheistic, Jugdral is polytheistic, as the people of this continent worships all of the dragon gods that blood-bonded with the Twelve Crusaders.