Jungby is one of the six dukedoms of the Kingdom of Grannvale in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. It was founded by Ulir, the Sniper, and ruled by Duke Ring during the first generation and Scopio during the second generation. The Holy Bow Yewfelle is passed down through the Jungby family. Their knight squadron is known as Beige Ritter and is made up of Bow Knights.
Possibly the most remote of the duchies, it is situated some distance southwest of Chalphy, and the Jun River that flows from the northern lake is a natural border between it and Verdane's border castle, Evans. Verdane's attack on the castle and capture of Adean sets in motion Sigurd's crusade.
It is ruled by Duke Ring in the first generation, until he is falsely accused of assassinating Prince Kurth much like how Vylon and Sigurd were. Shortly after this, Ring's son Andorey kills him and takes over rule of the duchy. After Andorey dies in the leadup to the Battle of Belhalla, rule passes to his son Scopio.
Faval, Briggid's son and inheritor of Ulir's bloodline, may take over Jungby if he doesn't inherit a different throne from his father.
Notable citizens of JungbyEdit
- Lord Ring - Duke of Jungby, father of Briggid, Adean, and Andorey.
- Briggid - The first daughter of Lord Ring, mother of Faval and Patty. Lost at sea and raised by pirates from a young age.
- Adean - The second daughter of Lord Ring, mother of Lester and Lana.
- Andorey - The first son of Lord Ring, father of Scopio, and half-brother of Briggid and Adean.
- Midayle - A loyal retainer of Jungby Castle who serves as Adean's bodyguard.
- Faval - Elder son of Briggid, wields the Yewfelle.
- Patty - Younger daughter of Briggid.
- Lester - Elder son of Adean.
- Lana - Younger daughter of Adean.
- Scopio - Son of Andorey, Duke of Jungby and commander of the Beige Ritter after the rise of the Grannvale Empire.
A corruption of Yngvi, an alternative name for the Norse god Freyr, which can also be interpreted as 'lord'.