Khadein (カダイン Khadein) is a country on the continent of Akaneia in the games Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Located in a desert north of Altea, Khadein was founded by the White Sage Gotoh and is renowned for its skillful magic wielders. Khadein is also home to a school of magic where Merric attends before and after the events of Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, and Shadow Dragon. Gharnef eventually conquers this kingdom and proclaims himself emperor.
- Gotoh - The founder of Khadein and mentor of Miloah and Gharnef.
- Gharnef - A once promising student of Gotoh who twisted his soul with dark magic and revived Medeus
- Miloah - Gotoh's best student who was given the Aura spell over Gharnef, he has a daughter named Linde
- Merric - A childhood friend of Marth who also studies magic there. He was given the Excalibur spell by his mentor, Wendell.
- Wendell - A Sage and the mentor of Merric and Ellerean.
- Ellerean - A student of Wendell and leader of the military.
- Yodel - Subordinate of Ellerean ordered to attack Marth, died wondering if he was doing the right thing.