Knights (アーマーナイト, Armor Knight), also known as Armor Knights or Armors, are heavily armored foot units that usually use lances. They are generally very slow, but have very good defense and attack. They are one of few classes that count as armored units, which leaves them vulnerable to bonus damage from weapons such as Armorslayers and Hammers. They usually promote to Generals. In Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Knights are one of the promotion options of Recruits, and may promote into either Generals or Great Knights. In Fire Emblem Gaiden, they're a second-tier class that can promote to Baron.
Knights are not able to class change in Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, despite the General class already existing at the time.
Knights are powerful because their defense and HP is usually so high that it can hold off a variety of attackers for a number of turns while dealing out solid damage. Due to this, it is a good idea to put out your Knights to stall a strong character or protect a weak one so they generally work best on the front lines. Movement for Knights tends to be low, so usage of boots is often recommended. The main threat to a knight is the Armorslayer as that can almost take out a Knight and it is not difficult to access due to its fairly low weapon level. Other variants do exist, though, such as the Rapier and Wing Spear. The main weakness of Knights is that they have low Resistance, so Magic attacks can penetrate their defense without a lot of difficulty.
Lance Armors (槍重装兵/ランスアーマー, Heavy-Armored Lance Soldier/Lance Armor) are the most common variety of this class, employing Lances as weapons. In most games, they're just called Knights (or Armor Knights, in the Japanese versions). In Radiant Dawn, they're the first-tier class of the Lance Generals.
- Draug- knight of Altea who accompanies Marth to Talys
- Dolph- knight of Archanea who is loyal to Nyna
- Macellan- knight of Archanea who is loyal to Nyna
- Roger- knight of Grust who falls in love with Sheeda
- Dalsin (Axe Armor) - Knight of Manster who joins Leif after his brother is rescued
- Weissman (Sword Armor) - Servant of Raydrik and boss of Chapter 1.
- Bath - Knight of Ostia
- Bors - Knight of Ostia and Wendy's older brother
- Wendy - Knight of Ostia and Bors' younger sister
- Wallace - Retired knight of Caelin
- Oswin - Knight of Ostia
- Wire - Boss of Chapter 11: Another Journey in Hector's story
- Bauker - Commander of the Imperial Guard of Laus
- Bool - An assassin sent by Lundgren to kill Lyn in Araphen
- Gatrie - Member of the Greil Mercenaries
- Brom - A new recruit in the Crimean army
- Meg (Sword Armor) - Brom's daughter
- Zaitan - Knight of Begnion guarding a Daein storehouse
- Kellam - Knight of Ylisse (Country)
- Kjelle - Sully's daughter from the future.
- Raimi -Knight of Ferox and boss of Chapter 3.
- (spotpass) Valbar, Amelia, Brom, Nephenee
- Norton - Leader of Wellt's castle guards and a close friend of Lionel
- Billford- The "Wild Bull of Barge"
There are only six female knights that are in the Fire Emblem series: Sheema (she is actually a general), Wendy, Amelia (if she is chosen to promote to Knight), Meg, Raimi (boss of Chapter 3), and Kjelle.