“Aurelis was free, but Marth and his army- now known as the Archanean League- still had much work ahead of them. They followed the middleroad south, bound for Archanea Palace- a perilous route, for it took them right into Lefcandith Valley and the jaws of trouble. The countless fortresses lining the valley made it a veritable gauntlet, and compounding the danger was the presence of the Whitewings, a knightly order led by Princess Minerva of Medon. 'Twould be a fierce battle...”
When entering the bottom half of the map, 4 Cavaliers will spawn each round in the 4 forts.
|The following part of this article contains strategy; therefore, it is subjective, and may not work for everyone.|
Bantu, an old Manakete, can be recruited in this chapter. His stats are terrible, but if you picked up a Firestone while finishing up Champions of Aurelis, he proves to be a very powerful unit for 30 attacks. You will not find another Firestone until Chapter 17. It is recommended that you do not abuse him, because once he runs out of uses for his Firestone, he is completely useless in battle.
- Minerva and her Whitewings will not attack you during this chapter, unless you attack them. She is being ordered around by Harmein and eventually, she and her Whitewings will leave the battlefield.
- It should be noted that killing Minerva and her knights, Est, Palla, and Catria, will not eliminate them from the game. They will retreat, meaning you can kill them for the experience. However, defeating Minerva will cause the rest of her knights to immediately retreat.
- If you ARE determined to attack them for exp, do not enter close-combat with Minerva. Her Hauteclare is the most lethal axe in the game, and will most likely kill any unit in a single blow.
- Gordin, a reclassed Draug, or Castor can really shine here. Most of the time, a single arrow from an Iron Bow can kill any flying unit here for easy exp.
- Harmein drops a Silver Axe, and you will probably need an Armorslayer or Hammer to defeat him, although the latter will be very inaccurate.
- TIP: A strong archer like Frey, reclassed, will be useful for taking out the Pegasus Knights in this chapter.
- TIP: Send Caeda and three weak cavaliers to block the forts in the bottom half of the map.