Lilith (リリス Ririsu) is a non-playable character from Fire Emblem Fates. She is an Astral Dragon that lives in a Shrine in My Castle. In her human form, she is voiced by Kazusa Murai in the Japanese version and by Danielle Judovits in the English version.
Lilith is the Avatar's attendant, and always follows them when she can. She can help her allies when they fight in My Castle during StreetPass Battles and Castle Invasions. Lilith will accept any food made in the Canteen. As she is fed, the food given will affect her stat growths. Interestingly, she is capable of using staves and breath weapons, such as her Astral Breath. She will also give the Avatar a Gold Bar every three levels she gains.
Lilith first appears in Chapter 1, where she sees the Avatar off when they leave the castle. Later in Chapter 3, after the Ganglari throws the Avatar into the chasm, Lilith suddenly appears and transforms into her dragon form and rescues them by transporting them into the Astral Plane. It is here that she reveals that they first met when the Avatar was very young. The tiny baby bird that they found and nursed was Lilith. Grateful for their kindness, Lilith wanted to be by them for the rest of her life.
Because the Avatar nursed her back to health when she was heavily wounded, she became human in order to repay the Avatar for their kindness. She became extremely close to the Avatar as one of their maids. During the story of Fates, Lilith has always been willing to leap into danger in order to protect them, even sacrificing her life in exchange for their safety.
Note: Playthrough determines what Lilith will be using. If playing on Birthright, she is given Astral Blessing, while in Conquest she is given Astral Breath instead. She gets both Astral Blessing and Astral Breath if playing on Revelation.
Lilith's growths depend on what kind of food she is given. Each certain type of food eaten boosts one (or two, in the case of strength-based food) particular stat(s) by one point while increasing the others by 0.5. The different kinds of food and what stats they boost is shown in the table below.
|Meat, Beans||HP +1, Strength +1, other stats +0.5|
|Berries, Peaches||Magic +1, other stats +0.5|
|Milk, Fish||Speed +1, other stats +0.5|
|Wheat, Rice||Defence +1, other stats +0.5|
|Cabbage, Daikon||Resistance +1, other stats +0.5|
Her caps for stats depend on the level of her Shrine.
Lilith is capped at level 99. However, she can continue to gain levels and stats indefinitely past this point. As every third time feeding her yields a Gold Bar, it is best to feed her whenever possible--even if her stats are mostly capped in any circumstance. The only exception to this is if the food is limited and being reserved for other uses, such as cooking or making accessories.
A devotee of the Astral Dragons. Watches over the castle.
“Thank you for visiting, Lord/Lady Avatar.”
—Entering Lilith's Shrine
“Very happy to see you, Lord/Lady Avatar.”
—Entering Lilith's Shrine
“Thank you! I feel more powerful now!”
—After Lilith eats a Strength-based food item.
“Thank you! I already feel smarter!”
—After Lilith eats a Magic-based food item.
“Thank you! I feel even nimbler now!”
—After Lilith eats a Speed-based food item.
“Thank you! My scales are already growing tougher!”
—After Lilith eats a Defence-based food item.
“Thank you! My whole body feels more resistant!”
—After Lilith eats a Resistance-based food item.
“I'd like to offer thanks. Please, take this gift.”
—Lilith offering a gift for feeding her.
“Did you need anything else from me?”
—Before leaving Lilith's Shrine
“Happy birthday, Lord/Lady Avatar!”
—Entering Lilith's Shrine on Avatar's birthday
- "Divine! Thank you, Lord/Lady Avatar!" (6+ stats up)
- "That was wonderful! Did you prepare it?" (4-5 stats up)
- "That was delicious, Lord/Lady Avatar!" (2-3 stats up)
- "I'm always grateful for any food." (0-1 stat up)
- "Your kindness knows no limits, does it?" (0-1 stat up, most stats capped)
Lilith comes from the Hebrew term, lilith or lilit, which means night creature or night monster. It was also the name of Adam's first wife, in Jewish mythology, who was born from the Earth as he was, unlike Eve who was created from his ribs.
- After transforming, Lilith is no longer voiced in dialogue.
- Lilith is ranked the most popular story character in the Nintendo dream poll.
- According to the Making of Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary book Lilith's Dragon form is designed by Kosakihara, while Kozaki designed her human form. She was supposed to look more mature than her final design, but they worked hard to make her more child-like as she’s intended to be some sort of cute mascot of Fates. Also "My Castle" is supposedly located inside the Crystal Orb she is holding in her Dragon portrait.
- Lilith has an unused critical portrait found through datamining the game files.
- Lilith always gains a level every time she is given a piece of food by the Avatar, it will stop at level 99, however the Avatar can still feed her. With every 3rd time fed after 99, she will hand over another Gold Bar, same as she has.