“We'll see who's delicate! I may not be able to attack like Chrom, but when you get injured? I'LL be the one stitching your bones back together, care of my trusty staff! You just tell me where to go, Avatar.”
Lissa (リズ Rizu, Liz in the Japanese version) is a playable character from Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Lissa and Chrom encounter the Avatar in a field, who suffers from amnesia. However they don't have much time to question the Avatar as a Southtown is set ablaze. After saving the town from bandits alongside Chrom, Frederick, and the Avatar, the group decides to head back to Ylisstol. Later that night a mysterious gate opens, sending in numerous Risen. Chrom fends off some of them, but one manages to get close to Lissa. As the Risen is about to strike, a masked warrior appears and saves Lissa. After dealing with all the risen, the masked warrior introduces himself as Marth and warns the group of turbulent times to come. After arriving in Ylisstol, the Avatar finds out that Chrom and Lissa are Ylissean royalty and they bring them to meet Emmeryn, the Exalt of Ylisse and their older sister. After meeting the Exalt, Lissa brings the Avatar to the Shepherd's Garrison to introduce them to fellow Shepherds Vaike, Sumia, and Maribelle, her best friend. After returning from Ferox, Lissa learns shocking news that Maribelle has been captured by Gangrel himself. Lissa shows great concern and goes off with Chrom to save her friend from the Mad King.
After preventing the assassination of Emmeryn, Lissa heads out with Chrom and his army to move Emmeryn to a safer location. However, they barely leave the capital when word arrives from Cordelia that Ylisstol has been attacked by Gangrel. Emmeryn decides to go back to Ylisstol to parley with Gangrel and Lissa volunteers to accompany her, however Emmeryn forces her to stay with Chrom. Lissa learns that Emmeryn has been captured by Gangrel and is sentenced to death. Arriving at Plegia Castle, Emmeryn is nearly rescued but the rescue fails. Emmeryn, wanting to protect everyone and prevent the Fire Emblem from falling into Gangrel's hands, Emmeryn sacrifices her self and falls to her death. Lissa covers her eyes in terror as Emmeryn falls. Later, like Chrom, she is deeply saddened by her sister's sacrifice. However both of them garter themselves and prepare to fight on in her memory and eventually, both successfully defeat Gangrel with the help of the army.
Two years after the war, Lissa aids Chrom across the halidom. When news arrives from Ferox that the Valm empire seeks to conquer Ylisse, Lissa rejoins Chrom's army to help stop the invasion. After Chrom meets his future daughter Lucina, Lissa is present to hear the news about the future in which all of Chrom's army is killed, leaving behind their children. Sometime after this, Lissa asks Lucina if she has any children of her own. Lucina tells her about her son Owain. Lissa tries to ask Lucina a question, but quickly hushes up. They arrive at the Sage's Hamlet where a rather strange boy is battling bandits who are attacking the sages who live there. During the skirmish, Lissa manages to talk to the boy, who is shocked to see her. He happily declares that his name is Owain, her son from the future. Owain valiantly charges off into battle now with Lissa at his side and soon enough, the bandits are quelled. After the battle Lissa notices that Owain has the Brand of the Exalt on his arm. Owain tells her that she wept with joy the day his Brand surfaced and he knows that Lissa's brand never surfaced. Lissa reveals that she always was worried that she was an illegitimate child, but with the Brand on her son's arm, she knows that she is legitimate.
After the war, should Lissa not be married, Lissa embarks on a trip around the world and shares what she learned throughout her journey to Chrom. If the Avatar sacrificed themselves to kill Grima, Lissa first accompanies Chrom during his search around the world to find the Avatar and eventually find them in a field, much like when they first met.
In the future, she is the mother of Owain and aunt of Lucina. If she marries the Avatar then she will also be Morgan's mother or Morgan's aunt if the Avatar marries Chrom or Emmeryn. She could also be the aunt of Brady, Inigo, Cynthia, or Kjelle.
Lissa initially appears to be naive about what is going on in the world and she also sometimes act like a spoiled princess, but she has a kind heart. She is also a bit childish such as pulling pranks on the Avatar and quickly growing upset when Donnel knows more in academics when she is trying to teach him. Despite that, she has an extremely bright personality, and, like Chrom, has a strong sense of justice. She speaks like a commoner, which is unusual for royalty, but allows her to communicate with others better and her sprightly personality keeps the army in high spirits, which Chrom considers her greatest asset. She jumps up the most out of anyone in the army and is the most likely to snort. Her birthday is March 6th.
|Starting Class||Level||HP||Str||Mag||Skl||Spd||Lck||Def||Res||Move||Skill||Weapon||Starting Items|
|Cleric||1||17||1||5||4||4||8||3||4||5||Miracle||Staff - E||Heal|
Max Stat ModifersEdit
- Cleric - Promotes to War Cleric or Sage
- Troubadour - Promotes to Valkyrie or War Cleric
- Pegasus Knight - Promotes to Falcon Knight or Dark Flier
- Bride - Requires Wedding Bouquet
Since the Pegasus Knight and Troubadour classes are female-exclusive, Lissa's son will instead be able to reclass into the following classes:
Lissa is your typical Cleric in the beginning with average skill and luck to dodge incoming attacks, though she should not be exposed so easily as usual when dealing with Cleric units. Once Maribelle enters, Lissa is slightly less effective as a healer due to her slightly lower magic growth rates and lower movement range. However, Lissa is still a capable healer, and most likely will be better than Maribelle when she is recruited since she will be the only healing unit for 5 chapters. Maribelle is unable to get Healtouch, giving Lissa a good healing advantage once she reaches level 10.
Lissa's two promotions are War Cleric and Sage. Lissa does quite well as a War Cleric due to the more balanced stats. Though her strength is a slight issue with growth rates, her speed and skill give her good fighting capabilities while still managing her healing priorities until her strength is no longer an issue. Bolt Axes also work great in this class since her Magic growths and caps are better than her strength. Lissa also learns Renewal which will be her greatest asset if she is a solo healer unit in a Map and should be on her always. Lissa as a Sage loses the defensive qualities of a War Cleric to maximize her magical properties, making her a more potent cleric, but a less sturdy one. However, if paired up, Lissa as a Sage can be a more effective unit due to higher hit and avoid.
Lissa's two class options are the Troubadour and Pegasus Knight lines. Troubadour Lissa provides her with the new base class and Valkyrie. Unfortunately she becomes a near carbon copy of Maribelle, with slightly higher defenses but lower skill and luck. Her slightly higher strength is pointless in this class, but spending time as a Troubadour/Valkyrie is not without its rewards. Lissa does gain the support skill Dual Support+ to make her a good Pair Up unit and gives huge bonuses when she is with her S-Support, regardless of her final class. If you'd rather have more mobility over her Sage promotion, Valkyrie is a solid option for Lissa to remain in her clerical duties, but she still will face the same problems with her low defenses and, keep in mind, Lissa loses mobility on sand maps which would be nullified if she stayed in the Cleric line.
As a Pegasus Knight related class, she is a better Falcon Knight healer and Dark Flier mage than Sumia; however she lacks the speed and skill that both Sumia and Cordelia have. In the end, Lissa is better off in another class, especially since there are already 4 pegasi units that are recruited from the start, all of which have stats built to be pegasi units. That being said though, Lissa can find benefits from being in this line. If Lissa spends some time in the Dark Flier class, she learns Galeforce, which increases her map clearing abilities and should be the skill that Lissa passes down to Owain.
Lastly, Lissa makes a great Rally Unit, as she learns a total of 5 Rally Skills without the Bride DLC. She learns Rally Luck, Rally Magic, Rally Resistance, Rally Speed, and Rally Movement. Keep in mind though, that Lissa will need to reclass into all of her reclassing options to achieve this effect. Nonetheless, if you seek a good Rally unit, Lissa is a solid choice, but make sure to leave her in the War Cleric class for the balanced stats.
- "Whoa! Did I just step on something? I hope I didn't break it..." (item)
- "I'm trying to be more ladylike, but I think I might've pulled a pinky muscle..." (exp)
- "I snuck in some practice. Gotta keep up with the others, after all." (weapon exp)
Asking - NormalEdit
- "Hey, what are your dreams for the future? Sometimes I feel like life has no direction." (dreams)
- "How come you vanish after each battle? Do you have a hobby or whatever?" (free time)
- "Hey, how come you're in such a great mood? ...New haircut?" (happy)
- "It’s nice having strong people like you around. Can we team up next time?" (team up)
- "I want to be a proper lady like my sister. ...But don't tell anyone I said that." (dreams)
- "I keep an eye on my brother. He’s always breaking stuff when he trains." (free time)
- "No, I’m just glad the two of us got to talk! There’s always too many people around." (happy)
- "Okay! I'll do my best. Together we can take whatever the bad guys throw at us." (team up)
Asking - ChromEdit
- "You have any dreams for the future, Chrom? Sometimes I feel like life has no direction…" (dreams)
- "You seem busier than ever these days, Chrom. Anything important?" (free time)
- "Hey, Chrom, how come you're in such a great mood? ...New haircut?" (happy)
Replying - ChromEdit
- "I make sure you don’t break stuff! Emm was furious when you smashed up the palace." (free time)
Asking - EmmerynEdit
- "What do you dream about, Emm? You should be thinking about your future." (dreams)
- "Emm, where do you wander off to these days? You need to stay where it's safe." (free time)
- "Hey, Emm, how come you're in such a great mood? Did you remember who I am?" (happy)
- "Emm, let's fight together during the next battle. I want to show you how strong I got!" (team up)
Replying - EmmerynEdit
- "I want to be a proper lady like you. You're my dream, Emm!" (dreams)
- "I make sure Chrom doesn't break stuff! You were mad when he smashed up the palace." (free time)
- "No, but you'd look beautiful no matter how dirty your face got. I miss you, Emm." (happy)
- "Of course, Emm! I'll never let anybody hurt you again. I promise!" (team up)
Asking - MarriedEdit
- "You’re not hurt, are you, (name)? Don’t do anything reckless." (promise)
- "(Name), you look so handsome today. I feel like a slob in comparison!" (compliment)
- " I love you, (name). I just know we’re going to be together forever!" (love)
- "What have you got there, (name)? And don't try to hide it from me!" (gift)
Replying - MarriedEdit
- "I’m fine. Trust me. ...Now stop scowling! I’m not gonna die. I promise." (promise)
- "Stop it, you tease! I know I’ve got a long way to go before I act like a lady." (compliment)
- "Thanks, (name). I never get tired of hearing that. I love you, too!" (love)
- "Oh! This is my special health tonic. I was gonna save it for when you needed it." (gift)
Asking - ChildEdit
- "Let’s train for a bit, Owain/Morgan. I can hold my own as a Shepherd!" (train)
- "Hey, Owain/Morgan, why don’t you let me buy you something? I’m your mother, right?" (gift)
- "Are you hurt, Owain/Morgan? Let me get my staff." (concern)
- "What was the future like for you, Owain/Morgan?"
Replying - ChildEdit
- "You’re on! ...Oh, look at the time. Can we take a rain check?" (train)
- "Thanks! How about a nice dress? Something regal." (gift)
- "I, uh, wouldn’t worry... You certainly are a bundle of energy, Owain/Morgan." (concern)
- "Well, believe it or not, I fought with the Shepherds like the rest. The court was too stuffy for me. Gotta follow your dreams, right? Same goes for you, Owain/Morgan. So what if people mock you? Believe in yourself!" (story)
- "I think I'm ready for the front lines!" (6+ stat ups)
- "I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve!" (5-4 stat ups)
- "Hey, look at me go!" (2-3 stat ups)
- "I really have to do better than this... (1 stat up)
- "I've come so far since meeting Avatar." (0-1 stat up, most stats capped)
- "Ta-da! Do I look good or do I look GREAT?!"
- "I love shopping! Oh...for me?! Thanks!" (buying)
- "Hey, Avatar, which will fetch the most gold?" (selling)
- "Thanks! I could use a stronger weapon." (forging)
- "Is that a crack in the wall? Chrom is always breaking things during training..." (misc)
- "I'm doing great today! I wonder why...? I guess I'll just go with it." (surge)
Greetings - NormalEdit
- "Oh! Good morning, Avatar. Taking a break already? (morning)
- "Hello, Avatar. Need a break, huh?" (day)
- "Oh! Good evening, Avatar. You deserve a break." (evening)
- "Hello, Avatar. I was just getting ready to tuck in." (night)
- "Happy birthday, Avatar!" (birthday)
Greetings - MarriedEdit
- "Hello, Avatar! Got anything exciting planned today?" (morning)
- "Hello, Avatar! Here’s to another lively day!" (day)
- "Hello, Avatar! It got dark so fast." (evening)
- "Hello, Avatar! I’m getting sleepy. *Yaaaaaawn*" (night)
- "Happy birthday, Avatar!" (birthday)
Chrom's tomboyish little sister, the princess of Ylisse. With nary an ounce of snobbery in her nature, she is among the most likeable and approachable of the Shepherds. The girl most likely to snort. Born on March 6th.
“Oh my gosh, this ring is HUGE! Ohh... we're gonna have such a GREAT life together!”
—Lissa's confession quote
“Come back to us, Avatar!”
—Lissa's final chapter quote
“Wooooo! I can't believe we did it!”
—Lissa's quote after Grima was defeated by Chrom
“And did you forget you're my HUSBAND?! You promised me we'd be together forever!”
—Lissa reassuring the Avatar for their choice if she is his wife
“You're right! He/She has to be out there somewhere... And we'll find a way to bring him/her home. Even if we have to search every open field in this whole stupid world!”
—Lissa's quote to Chrom after the Avatar's sacrifice of killing Grima
“You're that Risen that skulked off earlier! Where's my gold, jerk?! I picked those coins out of the gutter! I brought secondhand petticoats! Yeesh, I'm starting to feel pathetic...”
—Lissa's pre-battle quote
EXPonential Growth Pre-BattleEdit
“Not another step, potato molester! Stealing food is wrong! Well, I guess I sometimes steal sweets from my brother’s pack. ...And gold. But that is totally not the same thing. It’s time for you to die, die, die!”
—Lissa's pre-battle quote
Infinite Regalia Pre-BattleEdit
“You may look tough, but... Yeah, okay. You probably ARE tough. But I've faced deader things than you and survived! Now cough up the treasure, chump! My brother needs it!”
—Lissa's pre-battle quote
Death's Embrace Pre-BattleEdit
“Ugh, what did he DO to you? No one deserves this! I've never seen such gore... This is well beyond my staff's powers. I'm sorry I can only offer you rest. Please be at peace...”
—Lissa's pre-battle quote.
Five-Anna Firefight Pre-BattleEdit
“You like picking on Annas, huh? Let's see how you can handle a Lissa! I was all set out to pick out a nice, new staff before news of YOU showed up!”
—Lissa's pre-battle quote.
Roster Rescue Pre-BattleEdit
“Hey! Does that book really say I snort? Come on, you don't honestly believe that stuff, do you? HAH! *snort* ...... ...Okay, now you have to die.”
—Lissa's pre-battle quote.
Summer Scramble Pre-BattleEdit
“As fun as it must be to have the place to yourself, you need to learn to share! I mean, why not? You might even make some new friends while you're at it! ...Not interested. huh? All right, we'll just have to do things your way.”
—Lissa's pre-battle quote.
Hot-Spring Scramble Pre-BattleEdit
“Yippee! I love hot springs! Nothing like one big, outdoor bathtub! The girls can all soak in the water together once this is over. It'll be fun! We can share girl stories and gossip about all the guys... Heh heh.”
—Lissa's pre-battle quote.
- "Please stay strong!"
- "Here goes!"
- "You can do it!"
- "Go get 'em!"
- "Come on!"
- "I've got you!"
- "It's alright!"
- "Now or never."
- "What a loser!"
- "Got'cha now!"
- "My turn!"
- "Don't forget me!"
- "Have some of this!"
- "You all right?"
- "Careful! Yeah?"
- "Look out!"
- "I got you!"
- "Well, that's that."
- "I'm sorry."
Partner Defeated EnemyEdit
- "Hey, thanks!"
- "Nice save!"
- "You asked for it!"
- "This one might hurt!"
- "I may surprise you!"
- "Clear a path everyone!"
“I-I can't go on... I'm sorry... This war...is over for me... I'm sorry...I couldn't help you...through to the end...”
—Lissa's retreat quote (classic mode)
“S-sorry, but I can't risk...more wounds... It's up to you, Chrom...”
—Lissa's retreat quote (casual mode)
- Lissa - Sprightly Cleric
- Lissa's wild nature led her to travel the world and relay its wisdoms to her brother. The princess's exploits live on in many a droll tale told by the crackling fire.
- Lissa and the Avatar
- Many wrote of Avatar's legendary exploits, but accounts of his origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on one thing alone—he loved his wife, Lissa, above all else.
- Lissa and Frederick
- As Ylisse's new knight captain, Frederick took charge of keeping the peace and training new recruits. Lissa often visited his charges in town to report concerns and transgressions to her husband.
- Lissa and Virion
- Virion returned home to Rosanne, where he was labeled a traitor and coward, or else ignored entirely. But none of it fazed his wife, Lissa, who won the populace over with good old-fashioned charm.
- Lissa and Vaike
- Vaike returned to the streets that raised him and was welcomed as a hero and brother to all. Still, he was no match for Lissa, who fit in with the people instantly despite her royal upbringing.
- Lissa and Stahl
- Stahl continued his service as an Ylissean knight and led crucial missions across the realm. His scattered nature blended well with his wife Lissa's cheerful banter, making for a happy life indeed.
- Lissa and Kellam
- Lissa's wild nature led her to travel the world and relay its wisdom to her brother. The princess's exploits live on in many a droll tale told by the campfire. Her husband's name has been lost to history.
- Lissa and Lon'qu
- Lon'qu returned to Regna Ferox and served as Basilio's right-hand man. Lissa decided to leave Ylisstol and join her husband, strengthening the bond between the realms even further.
- Lissa and Ricken
- While continuing to study magic, Ricken realized how childish some of his actions had been. He and Lissa learned from these mistakes and grew old and wise together.
- Lissa and Gaius
- Gaius never lost his sweet tooth, though he ultimately returned to less savory enterprises. Lissa always insisted on going along, and the two survived many a comically dire predicament together.
- Lissa and Gregor
- After the war, Gregor briefly sank into a life of excess, but when Lissa decided to travel the world incognito, her worldly husband came along to keep the roads safe and the conversation lively.
- Lissa and Libra
- Many an unfortunate child found joy in the small orphanage Libra and his wife built after the war. The children loved Libra like a mother and treated Lissa as one of their own.
- Lissa and Henry
- Henry settled down with Lissa and turned out to be a surprisingly good father. Their newborn son, however, developed a notably bizarre personality, in no small part because of his colorful parents.
- Lissa and Donnel
- Donnel returned to his tiny village and built a happy life with his mother and Lissa. Still, the latter insisted on breaking the monotony, and the couple often traveled to far-flung markets.
Lissa's name is a female Greek name, meaning "honey bee". It is often used as a shortened form of Melissa.
Her Japanese name, Liz, is a short form of the name Elizabeth.
- Lissa's official artwork depicts her wielding a Heal Staff.
- Lissa's unique victory pose as a Sage has her proudly raise her fist in cheer.
- Lissa has unique battle models for each of her Cleric related classes
- According to the Official Fire Emblem: Awakening Comic from Nintendo Dream, Lissa is 10 years younger than Emmeryn, making her roughly 15 years old at the start of Fire Emblem: Awakening,
- If a Support Conversation involving Lissa is started on the Preparation Screen for the Harvest Scramble, Lissa will wear a party hat in that conversation.