“Because there's no one better than me.”
—Lute in a support conversation with Knoll
Lute is a playable character in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.
Lute is an extremely studious, if not eccentric, young mage. Lute believes she is a prodigy, and tells this to everyone she meets. Given her enormous wealth of knowledge and her alleged ability to remember practically everything she reads, hears, and sees, it is hard to argue with her. She's the opposite of her best friend, Artur, in that she spends most of her time inside studying as opposed to being outside. She has a motto: "There's no one better than me!", and also often claims "I am superior, after all."
Lute is boastful and has a habit of "monk watching" (spying on Artur). In one of her support conversations with Knoll, whom she also stalks in the beginning to the point of making him unnerved, she claims to have some supposed "knowledge" about him. She is like Canas, in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade, since he claims to be a scholar as well. For all her studies, she does have a great lack of knowledge of less academic matters such as love, a subject that flusters her greatly.
Anima - C
- *70% in the Japanese version
- **45% in the Japanese version
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
|Guiding Ring or Master Seal||Sage|
|+40 D D|
- See also: Lute/Supports
Lute, as a magic user, has a very strong magic growth backed by good growth rates in speed and resistance, giving her solid magic tanking capabilities and the ability to double attack most enemies. However, Lute's solid speed growth rate is offset by her horrible constitution; until promotion, Lute will lose attack speed from using any Anima tome, especially in regards to heavier tomes like Elfire and Excalibur. This can be partially alleviated by promoting her into a Mage Knight instead of a Sage, as such a promotion grants Lute enough constitution to wield a Thunder tome, which is usually strong enough to KO most enemies with Lute's solid magic growth rates. Alternatively she can be given the body ring. Lute will be solid in both classes, Sage and Mage Knight, with the Mage Knight being a usually better short term option due to extra move and con, while the Sage class is better long term giving light magic and higher caps, which can help her get the weapon triangle advantage against the dark magic-wielding gorgons and mogalls, as well as further increasing her already high damage output, as with her growths she is likely to reach the cap of 30 (the highest of any magic wielder in the game, along with Lyon).
Despite Lute having horrible Constitution, she will have enough speed and luck to dodge most attacks (provided she is promoted at level 20 or close to level 20) if she is not using the heaviest Tomes, as Thunder and Shine tend to be strong enough for Lute to kill most enemies. Lute will also, more often than not, have low skill, but this is offset by the high accuracy of both Anima and Light magic. Upon either promotion, Lute will have access to staves which are always a welcome addition to any magic users weapon ranks.
Lute is a pretty amazing magic user, joining low leveled with plenty of time to be trained and take advantage of her great growths.
Tome - C
- *Enemy only; joins unequipped
- A young mage of Renais with an unusual temperament. Confident in her abilities. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.
|Weirding Tome||-||14||2||Grants Spd +3.|
At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions, and with Res 1 or more lower than unit, suffer Spd -5 until the end of foes' next actions.
|Rally Attack||-||1||Grants Atk +4 to an adjacent ally until the end of the turn.||150||-|
|Rally Attack Resistance||Rally Attack||1||Grants Atk/Res +3 to an adjacent ally until the end of the turn.||300||-|
|Resistance +1||-||Grants Res +1.||30||-||A|
|HP Res 1|| Resistance +1|
|Grants HP +3, Res +1.||100||-||A|
|HP Res 2||HP Res 1||Grants HP +4, Res +2.||200||A|
|Res Ploy 1||-||At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res -3 until the end of foe's next action.||60||-||C|
|Res Ploy 2||Res Ploy 1||At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res -4 until the end of foe's next action.||120||-||C|
|Res Ploy 3||Res Ploy 2||At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res -5 until the end of foe's next action.||240||C|
“I... I don't want to die...”
—Death quote in The Sacred Stones
- Lute, Prodigy (奇知なる魔道)
- "After the War of the Stones, Lute returned to Renais to continue her arcane studies. She spent far less time locked in her library, preferring now to explore the outside world. She grew into a great and well-traveled sage."
- A Support with Artur
- "Artur and Lute were married upon their return. Artur handled the housework, but otherwise, their lives were unchanged. When they had a son, Lute's interests shifted from studying Artur to studying her son's baffling habits."
- A Support with Kyle
- "After the war, Kyle and Lute were married in Renais. Kyle's friends were disturbed by his choice of brides, but they could not deny his happiness. Before long, they had a son, and Kyle dedicated himself to his upbringing."
Lute is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
A lute is a stringed musical instrument popular in the Middle Ages. Also, 'lutte' in French means 'battle'.
- Lute came in 13th place for females in the Fire Emblem Heroes Choose Your Legends popularity poll. She had 9,176 total votes.
- Lute uses the "short hair" mage animation like Nino, but uses the "long hair" sage animation like most female sages. Her Mage Knight animation has short hair.
- In Fire Emblem Heroes, Lute shares her English voice actress Brina Palencia with Ayra from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War.