|This Class Article needs Stats adding!|
Mages' stats have few consistencies, but they will almost always have a very high resistance in place of defense. This and their magical attack make it prudent to use them to block enemy magic users, and avoid direct combat with physical units. After promotion, Mages may use staves for healing and other utility abilities. If made level 20 before promoting, they will usually be able to kill most units with a fire or thunder tome.
The main promotion for Mage is Sage, but although this promotion line was established as early as Fire Emblem Gaiden, it did not become regular until Binding Blade. In the original Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi and its sequel Mystery of the Emblem, mages promote to Bishop. In Genealogy of the Holy War, they can promote to either Mage Fighter or Mage Knight, depending on either the character or the type of Mage. In Thracia 776 and The Sacred Stones, they can promote to either Mage Knight or Sage, depending on the character for the former and player choice for the latter. In Fire Emblem: Awakening, they can promote to Sage or Dark Knight.
Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no TsurugiEdit
- Merric - a mage who studied under Wendell in Khadein, wields the tome Excalibur
- Linde - daughter of Miloah who wields the tome Aura
- Boey - A member of Celica's army
- Possible promotion for: Cliff, Grey, Robin, Atlas, Savor, Kamui, Jesi, and Deen.
Note: Dyute and Sonia were Witches as enemies and joined as Mage in the game.
Mystery of the EmblemEdit
- Yubello - Prince of Grust and brother of Yumina
- Ellerean - Mage of Khadein who studied under Wendell
Genealogy of the Holy WarEdit
- Azel - Noble of Velthomer and the half-brother of Arvis
- Arthur - Son of Tailto
- Teeny - Daughter of Tailto
- Asvel - Mage from Frest, one of Ced's students, wielder of the tome Grafcalibur
- Miranda - Princess of Alster
- Lugh - One of Nino's son and twin brother of Raigh
- Lilina - Daughter of Marquess Hector of Ostia
- Hugh - Son of Canas and grandson of Niime
Rekka no KenEdit
The Sacred StonesEdit
Path of RadianceEdit
Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~Edit
- Miriel - Member of the Shepherds
- Ricken - Member of the Shepherds
- Laurent - Son of Miriel from the future
- It is stated, in a support conversation between Erk and Pent in Rekka no Ken, that a Mage can die by using their magic too often. Mages can also transfer their magic power to another Mage, in order to help avoid this problem. It is also stated between a support conversation with Ewan and Saleh in The Sacred Stones, that, "Using too much magic can drain both body and soul."
- Male mages wear a hood but female mages do not.