Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Malig Knight (レヴナントナイト Revunanto naito, lit. Revenant Knight in the Japanese version) is an undead Wyvern-mounted combat physical and magical class that is first introduced in Fire Emblem Fates. One of the promoted forms of the Wyvern Rider class, Malig Knights wield Tomes and Axes as their weapons of choice.
Malig Knights play much like Dark Fliers of the previous Fire Emblem title, as the both ride black aerial mounts and possess physical and magical weapons. The main differences between the two is that Malig Knights have greater Strength, HP and Defense, while Dark Fliers have superior Magic, Speed, Luck, and Resistance, though only by small margins. Malig Knights additionally wield Axes as opposed to Lances, making them a hybrid of sorts between their "brother" class of Wyvern Lords and Dark Fliers. These attributes make them best suited to rush down the enemy lines and exploit their weaker defensive stats, though one must be wary of sending them within range of Tome and Bow-wielding units.
- Savage Blow cuts the HP of all enemies within two spaces by 20% after the user engages a foe. One of the chip-damage skills introduced in Fates, Savage Blow can rapidly erode the health of nearby enemies for other units to finish off, especially when combined with other chip-damage skills like Grisly Wound and Poison Strike.
- Trample causes the user's opponent to take 5 extra damage if they do not have a mount. Since there are only 13 mounted units in Fates, and 9 of them are Nohrian, this skill can lead to the effortless decimation of Hoshidan units if one is playing Conquest.
At the end of the day, no matter how fortified a unit is in either Defense of Resistance, and no matter how far away they hide, Malig Knights can hunt them down and kill them quickly and efficiently, especially if they are fighting on only their own two feet.
|FE14|| Savage Blow|
|Learnt at Level 5 and above.|
Learnt at Level 15 and above.
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class(es)|
|FE14||Wyvern Rider||Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Wyvern Rider.||Malig Knight|
Notable Malig KnightsEdit
- Camilla - Princess of Nohr and adopted elder sister of the Avatar.
- Nichol - A grim Nohrian knight with a surprising will to live. (encountered as a boss; must be captured).
- Possible promotion for: Beruka and Percy.
The name "Malig Knight" may be a play on the word 'malignant', which means malevolent or infectious.