“Marth, prince of Altea, was lucky. Though Dolhr took from him his kingdom and all but a handful of knights, they could not take his life. Marth lived, and made it to the eastern isle of Talys. Talys was a small border kingdom, with no grand order of knights to boast of, but its king selflessly gave Marth use of the isle's eastern fortress. And as he saw the boy shake with anger and grief, he also gave wise counsel: "Prince Marth," he said, "I do not doubt you love your sister something great. But you must be patient...time is on your side. If you stay here, and grow stronger, a time will come when you can help her." So Marth stayed in Talys, protected by its kind people, and the years went by...”
Marth Embarks is Chapter 1 of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
This is the first level of the original game. When you start the level, you will gain Shiida. Wrys can be recruited by visiting the village to the west. 10,000 gold can be earned at the northeastern village.
- Wrys - Your first staff-wielding unit. His stats are trumped by Lena's, but depending on their growth in your playthrough of the game, stats may vary.
|The following part of this article contains strategy; therefore, it is subjective, and may not work for everyone.|
- Gazzak drops a Vulnerary.
- TIP: Hunters can easily take out Caeda if you are not careful! Be careful with pirates too! Shiida can hold off a couple of them, but she cannot take them down easily. Equip her with a javelin to hit them from a distance.
- If you like, this chapter is boss-abusable, and there is an armory nearby. If you choose, this armory can be used to buy bows and javelins, which can attack at long range with no fear of a counter. This method is often used to level up characters very early in the game, decreasing the overall difficulty.
- This map is used in Fire Emblem Awakening in the Champions of Yore DLC set.