Paralogue 7: Noble LineageEdit
- Xalbador: There's nothin' like war for the self-made ma! No, sir! The strong rise to the top while the high-borns try to keep the blue blood inside 'em.
- Elder: Hold, defiler! This is sacred ground! Your wickedness will be punished!
- Xalbador: By who? The same gods that abandoned me when I was starving as a boy? When you see the gods, tell 'em I said they can rot in hell! (stabs the elder)
- Elder: Hnngh! Gah… (dies)
- Brady: Dastard! I'll gut ya for that!
- Villager: Brady, no! There's nothing you can do! Who would tend to the injured if we lost you?
- Brady: But…
- Villager: We'll fight as best we're able! You help from the rear lines.
- Brady: Ugh! Good people are dying, and I can't help! If only I could fight…
(scene change, to a forest)
- Maribelle: Chrom! We have to hurry!
- Chrom: What's wrong, Maribelle?
- Maribelle: There're people fighting just over that ridge! LOTS of people!
- Chrom: They look like they need help. Let's go, Shepherds!
- Villager: H-help us! Please! The temple's beset by marauding bandits!
- Maribelle: Don't you worry! We're happy to help! If there's one thing this world needs less of, it's wretched bandits…
- Brady: Wait. I know that voice. Is that...Ma?
Recruited by MaribelleEdit
- Brady: Haw haw haw! Oh, that's her. That's gotta be her.
- Maribelle: Pardon me, you mannerless cur! I will not stand to be laughed at by a base scoundrel of your like!
- Brady: ...Yep. That clinches it. You must be Maribelle.
- Maribelle: And just how do you know that?! Do you leer at me from behind the shades of whatever den of iniquity you frequent?! Hmph! I bid you good day!
- Brady: I guess you've always been like this. Still...it's good to see you again. And now that I've found ya, I'm afraid you're stuck with me.
Recruited by ChromEdit
- Brady: An enemy?! Damn! Guess that's it for me... Sorry, Ma. Looks like I won't be home for supper after all. Do your worst, tyrant! I can't fight back anyway!
- Chrom: You seem to be doing just fine to me.
- Brady: I'm unarmed, genius! Sheesh, anyone with eyes can see that!
- Chrom: And anyone with eyes knows there's more to combat than swinging a blade around. You fight in your own way. Am I wrong?
- Brady: Pah! Don't patronize me! I'd love to fight more'n anything, but I can't seem to make it work.
- Chrom: I'm sure something will come to you.
- Brady: ...Just who are you, anyway?
- Chrom: My name is Chrom.
- Brady: What? Y-you're Chrom?!
- Chrom: You know me?
- Brady: Ma wouldn't shut up about you!
- Chrom: Er, do I know your mother?
- Brady: Her name's Maribelle.
- Chrom: What?! So you're another traveler from the futu-
- Brady: So you've already heard? Perfect. Now take me with ya already!
- Chrom: Er, well, I suppose we can find a place for you somewhere...
Recruited by Chrom (as Father)Edit
- Brady: Ha! I hear you there, chump! You can come kill me now. You're just lucky I don't have my old man's skill with a blade.
- Chrom: Your father is a swordsman?
- Brady: None of your damn business, dog!
- Chrom: Do you always speak this way to Ylissean royalty?
- Brady: I am Ylissean royalty!
- Chrom: ... What?
- Brady: ... Huh?
- Chrom: Humor me here for a moment. What's your mother's name?
- Brady: Maribelle.
- Chrom: Maribelle is my wife... Which would make you my son. Seems Lucina failed to mention this little detail.
- Brady: Huh. Yeah, I guess we look alike. I mean, if ya squint real hard... Sorry I called you a dog, Pop... Oh, and I'm Brady. Sooo... Must be disappointin' that your son can't fight, huh?
- Chrom: You seem to be doing just fine to me. And anyone with eyes knows there's more to combat than swinging a blade around. And besides, you've chosen to heal instead of harm. I couldn't be prouder of that.
- Brady: ... Really? Aw, thanks. That means a lot, Pop.
- Xalbador: You people can keep your gods. I'll put my faith in gold and steel!
- Xalbador: I'll see you...in hell...
End of chapterEdit
No NPCs diedEdit
- Elder: Thank you! Oh, thank you...You've kept this sacred place safe and spared the lives of those within.
- Chrom: We just did what was right.
- Elder: Would that everyone were so brave! Please, allow me to give you this.
At least one NPC diedEdit
- Elder: Thank you, sir. The lives we lost cannot be replaced, but your efforts have spared this sacred place.
- Chrom: We truly grieve for those who died.
- Elder: You did all that could be done, and I am thankful for it. I'm afraid we have little to offer, but please accept this.
All NPCs diedEdit
- Elder: You have my thanks for dealing with those bandits. You've done us a kindness, which makes it difficult for me to say this... But this is holy ground. If you've no more business here, I ask that you move on.
- Chrom: ..We understand.
Brady and Maribelle survivedEdit
- Brady: Hey, Ma.
- Maribelle: What did you call me?
- Brady: The name's Brady. I'm--
- Maribelle: I'm sorry, but I only heal physical ailments. Broken bones and the like. You're clearly a deeply troubled individual whose diseased mind is beyond my healing.
- Brady: Stop talking for a minute and look at this!
- Maribelle: That's... my ring! Then, that makes you...
- Brady: Right. Like I was trying to say, I'm--
- Maribelle: A thief! A rapscallion! A common lowborne cutpurse! How dare you sneak in here and steal my prized possessions!
- Brady: Gawds! Stop interruptin' me for one blessed second, and check yer ring!
- Maribelle: ...Oh. It's still here.
- Brady: That clear things up any, Ma?"
- Maribelle: Everything save how I gave birth to a common thug!
- Brady: Aw, come on, Ma! That's harsh! Sure, I'm not the prettiest guy around, but I'm no thug, and I AM your son! ...And it's good to see you.
- Maribelle: ...How did I ever permit my child to grow up referring to me as "Ma"?
- Brady: You gave up tryin' after a decade or so.
- Maribelle: Well, can you at least ride? Have you read the classics? Do you play violin? Chess?!
- Brady: Yeah, all of the above. You beat all'a that junk into me.
- Maribelle: Glory be! My son is salvageable after all!
- Brady: Uh... thanks?
- Maribelle: "Don't look so forlorn, dear. You've come a long way, but Mother's here now. I'll take care of things from now on.
- Brady: *Sniff* I missed you so much, Ma...
- Maribelle: Do not even THINK of crying! It does not befit one of your station! *Sniff* Plus, you'll set me off as well...
- Brady: S-sorry, I just... I... Oh, Ma!
- Maribelle: Oh, Brady!
- Chrom: Oh, brother.