Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Paralogue 7: Noble LineageEdit
- Xalbador: There's nothin' like war for the self-made ma! No, sir! The strong rise to the top while the high-borns try to keep the blue blood inside 'em.
- Elder: Hold, defiler! This is sacred ground! Your wickedness will be punished!
- Xalbador: By who? The same gods that abandoned me when I was starving as a boy? When you see the gods, tell 'em I said they can rot in hell! (stabs the elder)
- Elder: Hnngh! Gah… (dies)
- Brady: Dastard! I'll gut ya for that!
- Villager: Brady, no! There's nothing you can do! Who would tend to the injured if we lost you?
- Brady: But…
- Villager: We'll fight as best we're able! You help from the rear lines.
- Brady: Ugh! Good people are dying, and I can't help! If only I could fight…
(scene change, to a forest)
- Maribelle: Chrom! We have to hurry!
- Chrom: What's wrong, Maribelle?
- Maribelle: There're people fighting just over that ridge! LOTS of people!
- Chrom: They look like they need help. Let's go, Shepherds!
- Villager: H-help us! Please! The temple's beset by marauding bandits!
- Maribelle: Don't you worry! We're happy to help! If there's one thing this world needs less of, it's wretched bandits…
- Brady: Wait. I know that voice. Is that...Ma?
Recruited by MaribelleEdit
- Brady: "Haw haw haw! Oh, that's her. That's gotta be her."
- Maribelle: "Pardon me, you mannerless cur! I will not stand to be laughed at by a base scoundrel of your like!"
- Brady: "...Yep. That clinches it. You must be Maribelle."
- Maribelle: "And just how do you know that?! Do you leer at me from behind the shades of whatever den of iniquity you frequent?! Hmph! I bid you good day!"
- Brady: "I guess you've always been like this. Still...it's good to see you again. And now that I've found ya, I'm afraid you're stuck with me. "
Recruited by ChromEdit
- Brady: "An enemy?! Damn! Guess that's it for me... Sorry, Ma. Looks like I won't be home for supper after all. Do your worst, tyrant! I can't fight back anyway!"
- Chrom: "You seem to be doing just fine to me."
- Brady: "I'm unarmed, genius! Sheesh, anyone with eyes can see that!"
- Chrom: "And anyone with eyes knows there's more to combat than swinging a blade around. You fight in your own way. Am I wrong?"
- Brady: "Pah! Don't patronize me! I'd love to fight more'n anything, but I can't seem to make it work."
- Chrom: "I'm sure something will come to you."
- Brady: "...Just who are you, anyway?"
- Chrom: "My name is Chrom."
- Brady: "What? Y-you're Chrom?!"
- Chrom: "You know me?"
- Brady: "Ma wouldn't shut up about you!"
- Chrom: "Er, do I know your mother?"
- Brady: "Her name's Maribelle."
- Chrom: "What?! So you're another traveler from the futu-"
- Brady: "So you've already heard? Perfect. Now take me with ya already!"
- Chrom: "Er, well, I suppose we can find a place for you somewhere..."
Recruited by Chrom (as Chrom's son)Edit
- Brady: "Ha! I hear you there, chump! You can come kill me now. You're just lucky I don't have my old man's skill with a blade."
- Chrom: "Your father is a swordsman?"
- Brady: "None of your damn business, dog!"
- Chrom: "Do you always speak this way to Ylissean royalty?"
- Brady: "I am Ylissean royalty!"
- Chrom: "... What?"
- Brady: "... Huh?"
- Chrom: "Humor me here for a moment. What's your mother's name?"
- Brady: "Maribelle."
- Chrom: "Maribelle is my wife... Which would make you my son. Seems Lucina failed to mention this little detail."
- Brady: "Huh. Yeah, I guess we look alike. I mean, if ya squint real hard... Sorry I called you a dog, Pop... Oh, and I'm Brady. Sooo... Must be disappointin' that your son can't fight, huh?"
- Chrom: "You seem to be doing just fine to me. And anyone with eyes knows there's more to combat than swinging a blade around. And besides, you've chosen to heal instead of harm. I couldn't be prouder of that."
- Brady: "... Really? Aw, thanks. That means a lot, Pop."
Xalbador: You people can keep your gods. I'll put my faith in gold and steel!
Xalbador: I'll see you...in hell...
End of chapterEdit
No NPCs diedEdit
- Elder: "Thank you! Oh, thank you...You've kept this sacred place safe and spared the lives of those within."
- Chrom: "We just did what was right."
- Elder: "Would that everyone were so brave! Please, allow me to give you this."
At least one NPC diedEdit
- Elder: "Thank you, sir. The lives we lost cannot be replaced, but your efforts have spared this sacred place.
- Chrom: "We truly grieve for those who died."
- Elder: "You did all that could be done, and I am thankful for it. I'm afraid we have little to offer, but please accept this."
All NPCs diedEdit
- Elder: You have my thanks for dealing with those bandits. You've done us a kindness, which makes it difficult for me to say this... But this is holy ground. If you've no more business here, I ask that you move on.
- Chrom: ...We understand.
Brady and Maribelle survivedEdit
- Brady: "Hey, Ma."
- Maribelle: "What did you call me?"
- Brady: "The name's Brady. I'm--"
- Maribelle: "I'm sorry, but I only heal physical ailments. Broken bones and the like. You're clearly a deeply troubled individual whose diseased mind is beyond my healing."
- Brady: "Stop talking for a minute and look at this!"
- Maribelle: "That's... my ring! Then, that makes you..."
- Brady: "Right. Like I was trying to say, I'm--"
- Maribelle: "A thief! A rapscallion! A common lowborne cutpurse! How dare you sneak in here and steal my prized possessions!"
- Brady: "Gawds! Stop interruptin' me for one blessed second, and check yer ring!"
- Maribelle: "...Oh. It's still here."
- Brady: "That clear things up any, Ma?"
- Maribelle: "Everything save how I gave birth to a common thug!"
- Brady: "Aw, come on, Ma! That's harsh! Sure, I'm not the prettiest guy around, but I'm no thug, and I AM your son! ...And it's good to see you."
- Maribelle: "...How did I ever permit my child to grow up referring to me as "Ma"?"
- Brady: "You gave up tryin' after a decade or so."
- Maribelle: "Well, can you at least ride? Have you read the classics? Do you play violin? Chess?!"
- Brady: "Yeah, all of the above. You beat all'a that junk into me."
- Maribelle: "Glory be! My son is salvageable after all!"
- Brady: "Uh... thanks?"
- Maribelle: "Don't look so forlorn, dear. You've come a long way, but Mother's here now. I'll take care of things from now on."
- Brady: "*Sniff* I missed you so much, Ma..."
- Maribelle: "Do not even THINK of crying! It does not befit one of your station! *Sniff* Plus, you'll set me off as well..."
- Brady: "S-sorry, I just... I... Oh, Ma!"
- Maribelle: "Oh, Brady!"
- Chrom: "Oh, brother."